HMV deny refusing to stock "Low In High School"

Here we go:

Oh, and look: both NME & Spin are copied in to the tweet and they both ran the story yesterday.
Regards,
FWD.

40707_bmg_statement.jpg

@hmvtweets / Twitter.
Contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. Full comment below @NME @SPIN

contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album.

BMG shared the artwork with us last week and we are looking forward to continuing to work with BMG on the forthcoming release.

for the second time this year it appears Morrissey's camp have made a statement about hmv without being fully aware of the facts.

UPDATE 8:25 AM PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Doesn't look like this relationship will sour any time soon. Korda Marshall seems to have done his homework regarding M.

@bmguk
. @BMG is happy to confirm that HMV has not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. @hmvtweets

40709_bmg_hmv.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what to believe, but wouldn't it also be possible that both sides came up with this PR scheme?
Edit: Claim + Denial + Label Retraction = way more free PR than if it were just Moz' bitching.

As I posted on another thread...So it appears all made up to kick off a storm, which was obvious all along. It looks like the Moz camp employed a bunch of friends topropagate this nonsense at thesame time as a calculated move.But it was a lie, according to HMV.

"Fake news! There were 750,000 people at the Hollywood bowl on night one, and on night two it was over a million! Huge show!"

Let's remember it wasn't Morrissey who said that HMV were refusing to stock the album...

There you go. For Music Complete, New Order simply released loads of 30ish second segments of the album tracks, no bullshit just music.

tbf New Order had a fairly decent album to take the segments from.

(Before anyone says it, yes I know we can't be totally sure yet that Morrissey doesn't.)

Don't know what to believe, but wouldn't it also be possible that both sides came up with this PR scheme?
Edit: Claim + Denial + Label Retraction = way more free PR than if it were just Moz' bitching.

All true. But with added lies from Moz proxies.

Let's remember it wasn't Morrissey who said that HMV were refusing to stock the album...
Do you think any one member of his band dare speak for themselves, let alone release statements on his behalf without his complete approval? Do you want a fax or a windshield postcard? Because that's how you get a fax or a windshield postcard!

Cant wait, the cover is as controversial as the "Queen is dead" album title!
Good ole Moz!!!
Jason

Maybe the axe is the issue and they'll just Photoshop it out.

Then in 40 years they'll re-release the album replicating the orignal artwork, a la David Bowie's big testes on the 'Diamond Dogs' sleeve.

Hopefully Morrissey has no say in a future reissue. I don't want him fiddling again with the tracklisting, replacing All the Young People with the 1991 live performance of Cosmic Dancer.

I seem to recall the machine gun on the cover of Quarry being a problem (which country it was escapes me). The artwork was enlarged to crop it, if memory serves.

Maybe the axe is the issue and they'll just Photoshop it out.

Then in 40 years they'll re-release the album replicating the orignal artwork, a la David Bowie's big testes on the 'Diamond Dogs' sleeve.

I seem to recall the machine gun on the cover of Quarry being a problem (which country it was escapes me). The artwork was enlarged to crop it, if memory serves.

You're right! I believe the artwork was enlarged on the iTunes release, Apple clearly more bothered about an archane, unconvincing-looking tommy gun than they are about whatever those rappers are up to.

HMV probably wouldn't agree to having the album cover as part of a shop window display and someone misconstrues that , hence James Maker's reference to the "campaign" under threat.

You're right! I believe the artwork was enlarged on the iTunes release, Apple clearly more bothered about an archane, unconvincing-looking tommy gun than they are about whatever those rappers are up to.

You're all missing the point. In the light of recent knife-wielding incidents, one in particular outside Buckingham palace, this is poor judgement. Nothing to do with what went before, and all about current events. But even THAT'S not the point. NO-ONE BANNED THIS SLEEVE OR RELEASE.

Well nobody on here can say they weren't fore warned about all this P R machine nonsense. I did say this would happen didn't I :tiphat:
Its not the kind of behaviour you'd expect from an artist who is about to release a personal best number one award winning platinum album.:guitar:
The way this is going I'm gonna need to stock up on popcorn and open the shutter doors of my online confectionery store :popcorn:

#Tax the Tosserrey

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Moz is the greatest example of how you try as hard as you can, year after year to destroy your own career:paranoid: self sabotage at its finest.
but I'm still buying the album and attending his concerts, for some strange reason he still manages to make wonderful music in spite of his circumstances

people on here have spent sunday and Monday moaning about things we will never find out and theres a great live version of the boy with the thorn in his side below this post.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom