HMV deny refusing to stock "Low In High School"

Here we go:

Oh, and look: both NME & Spin are copied in to the tweet and they both ran the story yesterday.
Regards,
FWD.

40707_bmg_statement.jpg

@hmvtweets / Twitter.
Contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. Full comment below @NME @SPIN

contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album.

BMG shared the artwork with us last week and we are looking forward to continuing to work with BMG on the forthcoming release.

for the second time this year it appears Morrissey's camp have made a statement about hmv without being fully aware of the facts.

UPDATE 8:25 AM PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Doesn't look like this relationship will sour any time soon. Korda Marshall seems to have done his homework regarding M.

@bmguk
. @BMG is happy to confirm that HMV has not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. @hmvtweets

40709_bmg_hmv.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just glad The Smiths didn't reform. Can you imagine Johnny giving Morrissey a new album's worth of music, then finding out this was the cover? The poor fool would be running back to Girls Aloud begging them to let him rejoin.

...the relationship with BMG which i can almost taste souring over all of this

Doesn't look like this relationship will sour any time soon. Korda Marshall seems to have done his homework regarding M.

Then who started the trolling, oh yeah two people close to morrissey, wonder where they got that idea from?

It's half-baked, immature stuff like this that makes it hard to be a Morrissey fan sometimes.

I think the wording from the A&R supremo is worth a bit of scrutiny.
'Wide of the mark' does imply something transpired between HMV & BMG regarding the cover. It is not a flat out denial.
So I would suggest HMV offered some advice about selling an album cover like that after a recent bladed weapon incident outside the palace et al...
This was probably then interpreted as 'censorship' by the ol' 'joy-sapper' and moaned about to his pals - which then escalated (with Linder seeing sense and deleting her post as people commented about Maker's post on her instagram).
Just a hunch, but Korda's words were probably carefully picked.
Thought for today:
"Paranoia - deep destroyer"
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

This is getting surreal. Now BMG are indulging this paranoid ideation. It was hilarious that James Maker did the usual drama-queen drivel with his petulant claim that he was acting to protect 'democracy', now we have BMG both denying the claim of censorship yet trying to maintain it at the same time. "Morrissey cannot and will not be silenced"....who is trying to silence him? The voices in his head?

As for the claim that 'the level of excitement and interest in what Morrissey has got to say' is 'phenomenal'. It isn't. Nobody cared and they only briefly care because this is just another PR car-crash to rubber-neck at. If there is a public reaction to his new LP, it's total indifference, hence this absurd attempt to drum up some drama by claiming that 'they' are trying to 'silence' Morrissey. Who are 'they'? Is the Queen a major share-holder in HMV? It's all rather hilarious.

Either there is some evidence to support the claim that somebody or some group is trying to 'silence' Morrissey or it's all the figment of somebody's delusional imagination. If Morrissey is reporting to BMG that he thinks/feels he is the victim of some censorship plot/attempt, they have a duty of care to ask him for the evidence. If there is none, then they have a duty of care to ensure he is directed to a mental health professional who can help him explore why he feels 'they' are trying to silence him when there is no evidence to back up that ideation.

Another possibility is that BMG have been winding Morrissey up by claiming HMV were planning to censor his silly LP sleeve without understanding that he's such a hissy-fit prick that he'd immediately flounce off to James Maker and his band-mates & tell them 'they' are trying to sabotage things. Again. In which case, the ongoing relationship between BMG and Morrissey should be a source of exquisite amusement once Morrissey's current episode ends and he realises he is either imagining shit or others are 'gaslighting' him for fun and/or profit.

Or Morrissey is trying to 'gaslight' his mentally troubled 'fans' here and on Facebook by spreading nonsense about a non-existent censorship 'plot'.

There is no outcome to this amusing drama that reflects well on Morrissey. It's all good!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

This is getting surreal. Now BMG are indulging this paranoid ideation. It was hilarious that James Maker did the usual drama-queen drivel with his petulant claim that he was acting to protect 'democracy', now we have BMG both denying the claim of censorship yet trying to maintain it at the same time. "Morrissey cannot and will not be silenced"....who is trying to silence him? The voices in his head?

As for the claim that 'the level of excitement and interest in what Morrissey has got to say' is 'phenomenal'. It isn't. Nobody cared and they only briefly care because this is just another PR car-crash to rubber-neck at. If there is a public reaction to his new LP, it's total indifference, hence this absurd attempt to drum up some drama by claiming that 'they' are trying to 'silence' Morrissey. Who are 'they'? Is the Queen a major share-holder in HMV? It's all rather hilarious.

Either there is some evidence to support the claim that somebody or some group is trying to 'silence' Morrissey or it's all the figment of somebody's delusional imagination. If Morrissey is reporting to BMG that he thinks/feels he is the victim of some censorship plot/attempt, they have a duty of care to ask him for the evidence. If there is none, then they have a duty of care to ensure he is directed to a mental health professional who can help him explore why he feels 'they' are trying to silence him when there is no evidence to back up that ideation.

Another possibility is that BMG have been winding Morrissey up by claiming HMV were planning to censor his silly LP sleeve without understanding that he's such a hissy-fit prick that he'd immediately flounce off to James Maker and his band-mates & tell them 'they' are trying to sabotage things. Again. In which case, the ongoing relationship between BMG and Morrissey should be a source of exquisite amusement once Morrissey's current episode ends and he realises he is either imagining shit or others are 'gaslighting' him for fun and/or profit.

Or Morrissey is trying to 'gaslight' his mentally troubled 'fans' here and on Facebook by spreading nonsense about a non-existent censorship 'plot'.

There is no outcome to this amusing drama that reflects well on Morrissey. It's all good!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Andy, Morrissey played this card like - pure genius, THE CHAMP. Interest is SO GRAND. Just look at you Andy, 10 posts in one hour. You just can't live and breath without Morrissey, Andy. Morrissey is everything you have 24/7. Of course, LP will be brilliant. And you will buy it. YOU WILL GIVE YOUR MONEY to have it, and you know how skint you are, Andy.

'Wide of the mark' does imply something transpired between HMV & BMG regarding the cover. It is not a flat out denial.
So I would suggest HMV offered some advice about selling an album cover like that after a recent bladed weapon incident outside the palace et al...
This was probably then interpreted as 'censorship' by the ol' 'joy-sapper' and moaned about to his pals - which then escalated (with Linder seeing sense and deleting her post as people commented about Maker's post on her instagram).
Thought for today:
Regards,
FWD.

This is my take as well by honestly I don't care much about any of this drama. Sleeve was just ok and wasn't my favorite. To blunt and obvious. We'll see what actually comes out and I'm still excited to hear some music. As for the cover being offensive I can't really see it being any more offensive than a lot of other cover sleeves that actually depict violence that they're probably carrying at this moment

LOL!

Didn't take you long before you're meltdown began.

I am really hopeful that this album will eclipse all previous episodes of nonsense. You can be sure I will be monitoring every development with a smirk on my face. It's already irredeemable. The only question now is how Low can it go....place your bets on a walk-out from BMG once initial sales figures come in with them blamed for failing to get enough publicity. Google this story. There is virtually no interest beyond this site.

best wishes
Alfie

As I posted on another thread...So it appears all made up to kick off a storm, which was obvious all along. It looks like the Moz camp employed a bunch of friends topropagate this nonsense at thesame time as a calculated move.But it was a lie, according to HMV.
I have to agree, or at the very least I agree that it is all part of a publicity stunt which seems to be working well to get people talking about the album. I may be naive but are these stunts targeted at non-fans? The reason I ask is: most fans will probably buy the album anyway, and I don't see how this advance storm would convince someone on the fence to commit to buying the album. Sure, it helps people find out about the new album, but are people so fickle these days that they'll go "ah yah I think I'll buy that album to see what all the fuss is about"? Surely those people would just stream it for free. I guess any publicity is good publicity and I have to assume it generates money, otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Thought for today:
Regards,
FWD.

This is all getting way too Spinal Tap to merit serious analysis, and it is all a storm in a diaphragm, but...HMV did not say bmg shared the cover and we had no problem with it, we will be happy to stock this visual atrocity as is, they said we are looking forward to continuing to work with bmg on this forthcoming release.
And Artie Fufkin..sorry, Korda Marshall's breathless statement does nothing to deny that.
And as there is little love lost between Linder and James Maker, í would guess that Linder pulled it as soon as she sensed the ruse.
Moz right now, despite everything, could have his pick of a handful of the top shooters in the world. Alasdair McLellan can make Glenda Jackson on the Yorkshire Moors look like a Roman goddess for Burberry; he could make Moz in Roma look quite spiffy.
But we get Yo Tony from East LA and the bassist's boy.... doh:

If they wanted a bit of press, all they had to do was release the track listing, perhaps a teaser song, and some more tour dates. Having your cronies stir up rumors on social media over a weekend to be promptly refuted by official sources Monday morning hardly strikes me as a genius bit of PR.

I feel this has a bit of truth to it

Sorry, I just had to.......

351sc36.jpg[IMG]

Last edited:
If they wanted a bit of press, all they had to do was release the track listing, perhaps a teaser song, and some more tour dates. Having your cronies stir up rumors on social media over a weekend to be promptly refuted by official sources Monday morning hardly strikes me as a genius bit of PR.

There you go. For Music Complete, New Order simply released loads of 30ish second segments of the album tracks, no bullshit just music.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom