Ever been 'over' Moz but just ended up going back to him?

9 x Fined

nevermind
I was. I didn't like Your Arsenal at all when it was released and was suffering from some serious Moz burnout. I convinced myself I was done.

Then Vauxhall came out.

:cool:

yes, I dropped out from '93-'97 (basically missed Vauxhall and Southpaw) but came back for Maladjusted and the obsession has never wavered since.

I got into him in '92 at the age of 16 and saw the Barrowlands show and then the '95 tour, buying all the singles I didn't have, looking back at The Smiths too, etc etc...what a joy to discover all that great music overnight.

1997 saw a downturn in interest. I didn't buy any of the Maladjusted stuff, despite loving Southpaw...I thought, at the time, that the singles were just so lame. In hindsight, maybe it was that flattened hair?!??

still went to see him in '99 and 2002, but didn't really begin listening to him heavily again until 2003 (after watching The Importance of Being Morrissey). You are the Quarry and, in particular, the shows I saw, cemented the rekindling of the love affair.

Went nuts on the Ringleader tour and saw him a good few times; I've only seen Springsteen, Dylan and Steve Earle more times than the Moz, now.

I was. I didn't like Your Arsenal at all when it was released and was suffering from some serious Moz burnout. I convinced myself I was done.

Then Vauxhall came out.

:cool:

I had a slight wobble with Kill Uncle.....

The last time i heard tunes like that was when i was stuck in a lift...:p

yes, I dropped out from '93-'97 (basically missed Vauxhall and Southpaw) but came back for Maladjusted and the obsession has never wavered since.

You dropped out during one of his creative peaks? Certainly the problem was you, not him. Do you admit to this?

You dropped out during one of his creative peaks? Certainly the problem was you, not him. Do you admit to this?

you go around picking fights with people for no reason. you just can't help yourself can you? it's like a weird tick or something.

do you admit to this?

you go around picking fights with people for no reason. you just can't help yourself can you? it's like a weird tick or something.

do you admit to this?

yo man i lol'ed and choked on a bagel chip.

After twenty years 'on his trail,' that has never happened for me...not even once.

I've been a fan since seeing The Smiths performing 'The Boy with the Thorn in his Side' on Top of the Pops (I think A-ha were on, too, and the contrast was astonishing).

I listen to Morrissey most days, even if it's just a track or two.

I have to admit, though, I can go weeks without listening to The Smiths.

Is that heresy?

I've been a fan since seeing The Smiths performing 'The Boy with the Thorn in his Side' on Top of the Pops (I think A-ha were on, too, and the contrast was astonishing).

I listen to Morrissey most days, even if it's just a track or two.

I have to admit, though, I can go weeks without listening to The Smiths.

Is that heresy?

I don`t think Morrissey would like to hear you talk bad about A-ha.

He started his concert on the Quart-festival with singing the first line of "the sun always shines on tv" but changed "on tv" with Kristiansand, and later introduced himself as "Morten"

I don't really think he nor I were at fault; I was just listening to other things.

I`ve been hooked on Morrissey for at least 5 years, and it has never faded a bit. Cant get enough. Never happened before. Bowie I got bored with after one year!

Never! I fell in love at first sight in 1983 and have never been any different since!

What?:eek: Which constrast? :eek:
Isn't Morten Harket a fantastic singer? What should have a-ha done to have your praise? They had their style, Morrissey had his.:p

Don't be mean to a-ha, please, because Morrissey has seen them live in 1986 and liked their records.:D

Last edited:
My fan factor has gone from 10/10 to probably 7/10.

I have travelled very far to see shows and always owned everything.

Last tour I didn't travel at all.

I didn't buy the last 2 singles because the hassle was not worth it.

I saw a show that was uploaded from an FM broadcast from the summer shows and haven't downloaded it yet.

I used to have to have everything.

I won't don't even wear my mozfather T's anymore.

This all started back last fall when I realized that there is a big different between enjoying the songs versus becoming the victim.

If I had to choose between seeing Morrissey for the umpteenth time or seeing James again, I'd rather see James as I have only seen them once.

This all started back last fall when I realized that there is a big different between enjoying the songs versus becoming the victim.

Interesting statement. What exactly do you mean by victim?

I've only been into Moz for a few years, so maybe haven't had the time to get bored or get over him.
But, at the moment I can't imagine ever not being interested in Moz and his music, and not wanting to listen to him. Off course I like other stuff, and sometimes are more 'obsessed' than other times. But, ultimately, I like listening to most of the songs, and can't imagine not wanting to do so for a long period of time.

Back
Top Bottom