Control-Bio Movie on Ian Curtis/Joy Division

Pittsburgh is gonna be cancelled :rolleyes:

Really? I didn't want to go to Pittsburgh, but I was going to! Now I'll never see it in theaters! How do you know it's being cancelled?

a friend just gave me a dvd screener of the movie. Considering I never really care for joy division. I must say after viewing the movie I can actually stomach their music. Great movie
11/17/2007 DVD SCR Control *LiMiTED* *XViD*
http://www.vcdquality.com/

Joy Division Movie

So what does Moz fans think about the Joy Division movie? It is unfortunate that I will have to wait for the DVD. The reviews I've seen are positive.

If I were really rich I would bankroll a Smiths movie. It would have to be nicely done of course. I have this brilliant business plan where a low budget indie film about The Smiths will become fabulously successfull. The proceeds above breakeven point (discounted by the risk free rate) of that movie will then be used to fund a sequel about Morrissey which will exceed all expectations.

Good movies require an elegant screenplay, a visionary director, and a great cast. These elements in unison is hard to achieve even if you have all the money in the world. If you want proof of this, just look at all the terrible movies out there which if you haven't noticed is the overwhelming majority.

My marketing plan would entail revamping the music videos of the songs and somehow convince MTV and VH1 to give these videos heavy airplay, I have the suspicion that they will accomodate that idea. For the trailers, I would make about twenty of them each played with a different song. Let the songs sell themselves. This makes sense, even if only a fraction make it into television broadcasts, the rest can be viewed online and these will probably add more buzz. As for a soundtrack, just make a deal with the owner of the rights of "The Best of The Smiths" and make it that album the soundtrack. They would be inclined to accomodate since it will boost record sales.

I'am in business school so if you think that it is sorry for somebody to make up fantastic and impractical business plans then you might have grounds for that conclusion. I'am entitled to these fantasies, why I've always wondered why so many are transfixed by fantasy baseball, I now understand.

Jack Apuya
Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Joy Division Movie

So what does Moz fans think about the Joy Division movie? It is unfortunate that I will have to wait for the DVD. The reviews I've seen are positive.

it's amazing. probably the best biopic i've seen.

If I were really rich I would bankroll a Smiths movie.

i'd watch it

The proceeds above breakeven point (discounted by the risk free rate) of that movie will then be used to fund a sequel about Morrissey which will exceed all expectations.

but who would play Morrissey? Chris Isaak?

My marketing plan would entail revamping the music videos of the songs and somehow convince MTV and VH1 to give these videos heavy airplay, I have the suspicion that they will accomodate that idea

sounds like a good plan, except that MTV and VH1 don't play videos anymore

I loved it too. I'm very proud my fellow country-man. :)
Funny detail is that "Ian Curtis" (Sam Riley) and "Annik Honoré" (Alexandra Maria Lara) are a couple now!

I loved it too. I'm very proud my fellow country-man. :)
Funny detail is that "Ian Curtis" (Sam Riley) and "Annik Honoré" (Alexandra Maria Lara) are a couple now!

I Looved it as well. Anton is brilliant!

...theyre a couple, that is funny!

I can't wait until the DVD release.

Back
Top Bottom