are you going to buy morrissey's greatest hits?

No, but I've already pre-ordered the single and I will download All You Need Is Me from iTunes. I might buy it when it's in the sales bin ;)

I am buying it. I always say I wont buy something with the same tracks from him on numerous cd's, yet I buy everything he puts out.

no.

both, the album and the forthcoming single deserve to sink, without trace; hopefully, they will.

Well, normally I would boycott it but I do want the new tracks and I boycott iTunes even more. So I think the 12" inch would be a fair... deal:).

Yeah, I preordered it. I'm a little bummed that the live CD is not from a show I saw, but what can you do? I will probably also DL the single from iTunes to add to its chart position- not that that will help him in the US. But it's only a dollar, so whatever. I can put the CD in my car, since I already (ahem) have all the tracks except the two new ones... and those I have several live recordings of. Hm.

How many days until the new album comes out? :rolleyes:

I will definitely buy the various editions of the album and single, I simply adore the Japanese Editions, they are a must for me, their packaging is SO original, :D:cool:

On a slightly different note:

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but -

I simply do not understand why "fans" feel the need to post negative feedback regarding this release, I mean, no one is forcing anyone to buy this collection, I supoose these are the same "fans" who also bitch and moan when each release does not chart high enough, if you don't support the man then you definitely have no right to bitch about it!

Polydor/Decca/Universal owns most of the material on this new collection, why would they not capitalize on releasing what has been Moz's best commercially successful material from his two previous albums? It's just business people, just business and I'm sure our hero is quite aware of it and again, no one is forcing anyone to buy it so why all the negativity about it?

Moz can't win for trying with some "fans" on here. :rolleyes:

Not buying it. EOH HATES the tracklist :cool:

HERE! HERE! or is it HEAR! HEAR! ahh either way Pags no likey either. I will however order the singles and anything that gets put up on iTunes.

I'm not. The bonus tracks if I decide I want them I'll get elsewhere online but considering I haven't been that crazy about his recent singles/b sides most likely won't go searching them out.

yeah i always buy everything -its important to support him and prove to the new label that he is an artist that they should encourage to release more stuff on.

but i think the album should be renamed "Greatest Hits of the past 3 years plus 3 classics plus a couple of new ones".

For me it cant be greatest hits without November, Ouija Board and more stuff from Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall. Its bizarre that its almost all YATQ and ROTT releases.

Also am pissed off the bonus live cd isnt a full gig - its an extract. But it has got National Front Disco which is worth alot of money in anyones book.

yeah i always buy everything -its important to support him and prove to the new label that he is an artist that they should encourage to release more stuff on.

but i think the album should be renamed "Greatest Hits of the past 3 years plus 3 classics plus a couple of new ones".

For me it cant be greatest hits without November, Ouija Board and more stuff from Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall. Its bizarre that its almost all YATQ and ROTT releases.

Also am pissed off the bonus live cd isnt a full gig - its an extract. But it has got National Front Disco which is worth alot of money in anyones book.

Hmmm...You make a good point about proving to the record label he's worth it...Ok I might be persuaded in the buy the whole thing, but just because it's Morrissey. I wouldn't do it for anyone else. And you are right about it being a little bizarre that it's mostly YATQ and ROTT releases good songs but still didn't we all JUST buy them? Anyway I might buy the CD now just in support of MOZ!

I'm not going to buy it because I'm basically against Greatest Hits releases in general, as they're generally just an exploitation of fans who feel the need to buy everything the artist releases. I just don't get the whole completist thing.

i'll buy the greatest hits and the new single because im a whore:D

I don't think Greatest Hits are exploiting because people don't have to buy them. Just with any artist I pick and choose which releases I buy of Morrissey.
I don't feel I owe any loyalty to Morrissey any more than I expect him to behave in a certain way to suit me.

I hope the GH album is a success and those new to Morrissey's music will enjoy it. I have most of the tracks already, so although I may buy it in a rash fit of extravagance, I don't feel the need to be there pressing my nose against the music shop doors at 9am on the day of release.

I hope the single does well, that is it appeals to a lot of people and gets good airplay. Simply because I don't like it much doesn't mean I don't wish it success.

Back
Top Bottom