Why are we getting a new Greatest Hits?

Poco Innocente

A ring a ding ding
sorry, i did do a search on related topics but nothing came up...and i'm not spending ages looking for the exact thread...ta Kewpie ;)

is this something the record company has decided? what role does Moz play in this deicison? it seems like an odd selection of songs...

sorry, i did do a search on related topics but nothing came up...and i'm not spending ages looking for the exact thread...ta Kewpie ;)

is this something the record company has decided? what role does Moz play in this deicison? it seems like an odd selection of songs...

Well if the past has ever repeated itself, AND IT DOES, then maybe Morrissey did it to relief himself of deadlines or other contractual obligations. Causing poor choices for compilations.
6pfgg1v.jpg

But what doesn't hold water is that Morrissey JUST signed to Decca so i can't see what the hurry is about.

But I'm sure his studio album in the fall shall make up for it :cool:

basically did Moz push for this? want this? because if he did i can't help but feel disappointed

Hmmm...apart from Bona Drug, Morrissey seems not very keen on the idea of releasing another this kind of compilation.
Simply it's an industry contructual duty or custom to me.

Couldn't help it .... or I could have said no if I wanted too?

It was probably either this or do one of those new 360 deals where the artist has to share all their takings from tours and everything else with the record company. The sort of thing Robbie and Madonna signed up to.

I think Morrissey is better off keeping control of his own tours. Can you see a major record company being happy with him playing the sort of tours he's done in the past couple of years? They'd want him just doing a few gigs in big venues to give them more profit.

I think is quite obvious why.with a greatest hits comes interest from people who may have left for a while and might come back to him and buy the new stuff.also it will get him publicity -but knowing the british music press not a lot sadly.

It may well get him on Jools or Jonathan Ross etc.i think its a smart move myself.and quite clever.....either that or i`m easily pleased.:rolleyes:

Eh, stop complaining bitches. We get two new tracks, and we get a bonus CD with 8 live tracks. Im buying it for the bonus shit, and to support MOZ.:guitar:

It's perfect timing for a new Morrissey compilation as over 50 songs have been released since the last one.
But the song selection is utterly woeful. The last two Moz albums have sold an average of 250,000. The previous ones an average of 53,000. There is a real need to get the brilliant less-well-known songs out to the masses (i.e. the people who need spoon-feeding, not the obsessives who have already tracked down his early stuff).
This is a ludicrously wasted opportunity. Most of the album is culled from the last two studios. So we get tons of third rate, mediocre, feeble, meandering rubbish like Redondo and The Youngest when we could have had a strong represenation of the genius pop of Morrissey's earlier period.

Last edited:
Think of it this way - you get the Hollywood Bowl CD for $20 and a greatest hits as a bonus CD...

Back
Top Bottom