What do you think Moz is doing with his 2 weeks off?

What do you think Moz is doing with his 2 weeks off?

• Back in the UK restocking supply of Dundee Marmalade

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Performing several secret strip mall shows in the midwest

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Putting finish touches on greatest hits package

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Relaxing by the pool with an issue of Variety

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Secretly marrying Kristeen Young

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Yes...Tony Visconti (Daddy) + Christine

Morrissey + Julia....

Yes, LA. I think he just really loves the sun. I remember reading or hearing an interview with Kirsty MacColl, shortly before she was killed, when she talked about just loving warm places after growing up in England. She just couldn't get enough of the warmth soaking into her bones. I imagine Moz might feel the same way, he does seem to sunbathe a lot and loves to swim.

Yes, LA. I think he just really loves the sun. I remember reading or hearing an interview with Kirsty MacColl, shortly before she was killed, when she talked about just loving warm places after growing up in England. She just couldn't get enough of the warmth soaking into her bones. I imagine Moz might feel the same way, he does seem to sunbathe a lot and loves to swim.

I have a friend who recently moved to San Diego b/c she needed to be in the sun. She's suffered from depression on and off her whole life, and being in SoCal has made a huge diffference. She's much more capable of keeping a positive outlook there. We went to the Pasadena shows together, and I have to say that until then I never really understood why Moz likes LA so much, (I'd only been there once before long ago), but those few days I could really picture him there and I think I saw what he sees in it. It is beautiful and there's something very peaceful and happy about it in certain areas. I know the traffic is horrible and smog and blah blah, but I could get used to it myself I think. ;)

Well if he loves sun and warm weather, he's gonna a great time in Florida (I hope so). I for one love rainy and gray days, but that's just me.

No, no, NO! Not Miss Young. He wants little red-haired babies... and strangely enough I know just the woman to give them to him! Her name starts with "J!"

Seriously, wouldn't it be great to see him meet someone and get to experience family life? Have kids? It's not easy and not perfect, but it's very grounding and I think he might really like it. It's very healthy to have people besides yourself to worry about. Or maybe it wouldn't be great. It might change him too much.

No, no, NO! Not Miss Young. He wants little red-haired babies... and strangely enough I know just the woman to give them to him! Her name starts with "J!"

Seriously, wouldn't it be great to see him meet someone and get to experience family life? Have kids? It's not easy and not perfect, but it's very grounding and I think he might really like it. It's very healthy to have people besides yourself to worry about. Or maybe it wouldn't be great. It might change him too much.

I was thinking about that this morning. It's interesting that there are 3 songs on Ringleader about children and parents. And they're all about the scary part of having kids: what if you think you did a really good job and your kid grows up and murders people anyway? Or, what if you meet somebody who already has a child, and the child hates you and eventually stabs you to death in your sleep (alternate interpretation of The Father Who Must Be Killed, from the father's perspective ;)). And finally, when you have a child, all you want is for him to be happy in life but you're powerless. There's absolutely nothing you can really do to make that happen, other than praying to God about it, and that's not terribly reassuring.

So I sort of think maybe it's been on his mind in the recent past.

See? That's why I always say it's people who've decided not to have children who SHOULD, because they've actually taken the time to grasp the impact and terror of creating a new person. It's been said that having a child is like cutting your heart out and letting it walk around the world without you, but that only addresses one tiny part of it.

It's more like, when you have children, if you're a thinking person, you soon realize that you've begun to die. At that point, you've passed your genes to the next line, and you may as well be a mayfly. Or a cicada. You've fulfilled your biological imperative, you're done, from an evolutionary perspective.

They do slowly kill you. You empty out all your love and hopes and care and money into their gaping little birdie mouths and in return they puke half of it back and shit on you. Even when they're good, that's essentially what they're doing. The things you give them are never enough, or good enough, and every perfect parental act only magnifies the lapses.

Having a child isn't logical or intelligent, in this age of pollution and overpopulation. But love never is. The only difference is that when you decide to have a child, you're allowing yourself to fall in love with someone who doesn't exist yet, and hoping that they don't kill you.

See? That's why I always say it's people who've decided not to have children who SHOULD, because they've actually taken the time to grasp the impact and terror of creating a new person. It's been said that having a child is like cutting your heart out and letting it walk around the world without you, but that only addresses one tiny part of it.

It's more like, when you have children, if you're a thinking person, you soon realize that you've begun to die. At that point, you've passed your genes to the next line, and you may as well be a mayfly. Or a cicada. You've fulfilled your biological imperative, you're done, from an evolutionary perspective.

They do slowly kill you. You empty out all your love and hopes and care and money into their gaping little birdie mouths and in return they puke half of it back and shit on you. Even when they're good, that's essentially what they're doing. The things you give them are never enough, or good enough, and every perfect parental act only magnifies the lapses.

Having a child isn't logical or intelligent, in this age of pollution and overpopulation. But love never is. The only difference is that when you decide to have a child, you're allowing yourself to fall in love with someone who doesn't exist yet, and hoping that they don't kill you.

Wooooow. :p As a childless person, I'd like to say that you just made it sound way scarier even than I normally think it is!

I agree with you about Moz. I bet if he ever did he would be really, really good at it. :)

Back
Top Bottom