Do you think Moz will sign my Smiths Sleeve?

he might sign your jacket sleeve- unless it's a DJ- I hear he's not so keen on them...

'I just want to see the boy happy' is that about Andy Rourke, do you think? He's going to pay him all the royalties he's managed to snaffle over the years?*

*absolute shite- a lawyer writes- Morrissey owes nobody nuffin, so there.

I'm sure seeing himself in Lego form was a factor in his decision to off himself.

To see his art-- that grand old misstress, that sweet craft of acting-- reduced to a Lego skit? You betcha.

Although you could easily imagine him watching the video: stroking his chin, intrigued, wondering if he could snort those bricks.

Maybe it was just everyone else assuming he wouldn't sign Smiths records? I've never heard an actual story of him refusing to do it either.

I went to a Tower signing in '94, also (didn't actually get in, but that's another story), and we were told explicitly and repeatedly that he would not sign any Smiths merch.

--jeniphir

If you manage to get him to sign it I'll show my arse outside the City Hall on a freezing February day!

love
Grim

Would it be too hard to get you to do that usually? :p

Love PTxx.

PT - i am starting to get the feeling that you have a nudity fetish....
(that plus this from the tour forum)

I travel light. All I shall have is my wallet for the merchandise both official and bootlegged outside. Apart from that you would find nothing on me except perhaps my clothes...although...that is not certain!
edit: oh shit, and my ticket of course!

Love PTxx.

I went to a Tower signing in '94, also (didn't actually get in, but that's another story), and we were told explicitly and repeatedly that he would not sign any Smiths merch.

--jeniphir

Wouldn't that be due to the fact that such signings are usually set up to sell the new CD?

Wouldn't that be due to the fact that such signings are usually set up to sell the new CD?

Well then he wouldn't be willing to sign other earlier solo albums, miscellaneous solo posters, books, t-shirts, and various other memorabila. But he was willing to, so long as it was not of The Smiths.

i saw a youtube video from someone ages ago who met moz on the streets and he signed a smiths cover(hatful if i remember correctly)

I saw that a few months ago too! It was a 'Hatful' sleeve w/ the light blue border rather than the cropped, reprint version. He didn't stick around because he got caught between his bus and a building by this guy wielding a Sharpie and a Smiths' sleeve.
Like someone mentioned earlier, the best way to get all the Smiths to sign one of their sleeves is to start with Moz or Johnny and then get the other, less inhibited Smiths to sign your sleeve.
I stood around all night waiting for Johnny at a Modest Mouse gig the other night to come sign my sleeve, to no avail. At least I've the seen the best half of the Smiths play at different times during the same year?

Back
Top Bottom