Do you think Morrissey goes on Morrissey-Solo.com?

Jcs_us_cover.png

FWWIW, I was listening to the movie soundtrack version. What the hell have I started?

The movie soundtrack is the better version, I just got the other one (that's the cover, alright) for the Deep Purple connection.

Is that the version with Ian Gillian (sp?) from Deep Purple? I used to have that album. Yes, I mean album.

Yes, that's right! Someone close to me was big into Deep Purple so he bought JCS to hear Ian. I was reading the album's credits and thought, "Wait, Murray Head...?"

Deep Purple, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jesus Christ, Murray Head, The Smiths: that is not a wagon train of associations you want rolling through your head while you're sober.

Deep Purple, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jesus Christ, Murray Head, The Smiths: that is not a wagon train of associations you want rolling through your head while you're sober.

Between this statement and PFTLT's "Pete's Dragon" song, you've all ruined my afternoon...

"What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'..."

Thanks lots.
:)

Chalk up another Jesus Christ Superstar fan!! :D
We had the soundtrack/LP too, but I thought it had a silver/gold sleeve? I think my Mom still has it at her house. What a great movie.

That's the movie soundtrack.

I think we've made our point now.

Wanna ride bikes?

(still riffing on the ADD thing... anything to change the subject. I haven't been able to get Puff the F-ing Magic Dragon out of my head all afternoon. Sealing wax, my ass.)

Wanna ride bikes?

(still riffing on the ADD thing... anything to change the subject. I haven't been able to get Puff the F-ing Magic Dragon out of my head all afternoon. Sealing wax, my ass.)

Puff's a really sad song. I saw it performed live to about 500 professional adult types, by Peter or Paul (definitely not Mary) and the whole crowd was singing. It was a lot of fun.

You sealing wax your ass? That's as weird as Cozby putting bum stuff on her eyes.

Dude, that is SO not what I said.

My daddy used to falteringly play that song on his guitar and sing it to me. That, and Wabash Cannonball. I think those were the only two songs he knew. Don't make me cry for my daddy, now.

Dude, that is SO not what I said.

My daddy used to falteringly play that song on his guitar and sing it to me. That, and Wabash Cannonball. I think those were the only two songs he knew. Don't make me cry for my daddy, now.

Don't worry, I won't make fun of Daddy's voice.

Wabash Cannonball? I love that song, but haven't ventured beyond Roy Acuff's version.

Oh, and the other thing I wanted to say.

Yes, it is a sad song. And Velveteen Rabbit is dreadfully sad, and so is the ending of the final Pooh book (the originals.) I sobbed like a kid whose kitty got hit by a car when I came to the end of Pooh- and I was at least 25 at the time.

Oh, and the other thing I wanted to say.

Yes, it is a sad song. And Velveteen Rabbit is dreadfully sad, and so is the ending of the final Pooh book (the originals.) I sobbed like a kid whose kitty got hit by a car when I came to the end of Pooh- and I was at least 25 at the time.

Is that when Christopher Robin goes off to school? That's sad, but sweet.

Back
Top Bottom