What did make you smile today?

Jojoba oil on my face in this winter chill. The old woman at the checkout forgot to scan it so it was free.

I’m sitting here listening to a fat English bulldog named Penelope snore like a truck driver. Someone had a decent thanksgiving.

I’m sitting here listening to a fat English bulldog named Penelope snore like a truck driver. Someone had a decent thanksgiving.
Dog snores are such a sweet sound. I miss hearing Sadie snoring away. And the little “whup-whup-whup” noises she made when she dreamed. Her little sleep growls were even sweet. I bet being a bulldog Penelope has some massive snores!

Dog snores are such a sweet sound. I miss hearing Sadie snoring away. And the little “whup-whup-whup” noises she made when she dreamed. Her little sleep growls were even sweet. I bet being a bulldog Penelope has some massive snores!

I have an app on my phone called 'Rain Rain' that plays nature sounds for relaxation, well it also has a Shih Tzu snore setting. Cutest thing ever.

I love the "whup-whup-whup" noises the dogs make when they dream. Lately, the lab has been making licking and chewing noises in his sleep. He is probably dreaming of food, like rifke :)

what's w11, bun bun? you know im not in the loop! does it still exist?

I think he's aged very well too, still an uber sexy man. I find it difficult to reconcile 50 year old brett with the brett of the animal nitrate video (where in my opinion he was at his dreamiest), though. I just cant wrap my head around the fact that these are the same people. I don't know why that bothers me, but it does, even if ever so slightly. maybe its what I fear about aging, how your ability to mutate and express yourself becomes much less variegated and imaginationless. so that I see him now, and I cant help but feel something has been lost, even though he might be completely perfect and reached total fulfillment in his current form.

well what else are you supposed to say upon first meeting brett Anderson, really? i like your cheekbones? well, im glad he turned out to be nice and not a jerk!

I kind of feel like this about Morrissey. There's a total disconnect between the art and the person then and the art and the person now.

I'm glad Brett turned out to be nice, too. I'd still like their music if they were jerks, but this is the guy whose lyrics I have inked on my body - it's reassuring to know he isn't a stupid prick!

I have an app on my phone called 'Rain Rain' that plays nature sounds for relaxation, well it also has a Shih Tzu snore setting. Cutest thing ever.
I’m going to have to look into that. Kitty Tara is giving it her all but she can’t project quite like a dog can in the middle of the night.

I love the "whup-whup-whup" noises the dogs make when they dream. Lately, the lab has been making licking and chewing noises in his sleep. He is probably dreaming of food, like rifke :)
I’m sure he’s dreaming of a giant doggy smorgasbord all stretched out before him. With Rifke it must be a giant pan of baklava she’s been plopped down in the middle of and she needs to eat her way out to survive.

I kind of feel like this about Morrissey. There's a total disconnect between the art and the person then and the art and the person now.

I'm glad Brett turned out to be nice, too. I'd still like their music if they were jerks, but this is the guy whose lyrics I have inked on my body - it's reassuring to know he isn't a stupid prick!
I didn't know you had a tattoo of his lyrics! maybe you told me once, but as I didn't really know who he was at the time, I forgot about it. what lyrics, pray?!

13 hours of sleep has made me smile again and I was even able to laugh a lot but only cause Pernilla was putting on this jealousy act earlier thinking a guy like me at 50 is having an affair by thinking about someone else.

I wish I had one more day to rest and that the weekend wasn't over but this coming week is full of things to do and people to call. I am already longing for a very quiet Christmas cause it's very long this year with a lot of days off for everyone.

This idiot new law here means a funeral and everything else needs to happen within a month when before it was 2 months. Selling dads flat is not something I look forward to at all, perhaps I should just walk away and let my half brother have everything?

Getting other peoples money and belongings is just wrong on so many levels.

My half brother and his wife not driving up here for the funeral home planning on Wednesday. It seems not listening and missing out on details runs in the family on dads side cause they actually thought the funeral was on Wednesday which made me laugh.

That would have been some kind of swedish record. This means I have more time to do a lot of things that needs to be done and don't have to entertain them for two days but at least they said they are going to stay in a hotel. It's enough that they drive all the way here for the funeral next month. I feel like I have a vacation now.

Going to be a bit awkward seeing my half brother cause he's only seen me once way back which is something I cannot even remember. His accent reminds me of our grandmother. Dad even had a sister which is more or less news to me but I vaguely remember him apologising to her cause he apparently felt she had a kid too young or something.

Why do I feel like I am about to open a can of worms?

A family feud exploding at a funeral just before Christmas and the cast includes me.

I didn't know you had a tattoo of his lyrics! maybe you told me once, but as I didn't really know who he was at the time, I forgot about it. what lyrics, pray?!

Yes, do tell.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE THERE (above my arse)

Took me five days between seeing the The Drowners video and getting the tattoo. My birthday present to myself on my 18th birthday! :lbf:

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE THERE (above my arse)

Took me five days between seeing the The Drowners video and getting the tattoo. My birthday present to myself on my 18th birthday! :lbf:

haha that's amazing! :lbf: I cant believe all this time you've had that tattooed above your ass! I was wondering about the meaning of that line: is that what it actually means (re: bumhole love)? do your parents know? did you tell brett? :lbf: god, that was so brave of you, I would've been worried what the tattoo artist would think.

Googling some of my dads favourite moments as a jazz fan and the biggest one of all was of course when he was on the same plane as Ella Fitzgerald on the flight from Stockholm up to Umeå when she travelled all that way for the jazz festival there in 1982 when this was the line up:

1982 (14-17 OCT)
  • Ella Fitzgerald med trio
  • Svend Asmussen
  • Änglaspel
  • Clark Terry/Chris Woods
  • Umeå Big Band
  • Tommy Koverhults kvintett
  • Arthur Blythe Quintet
  • Jan Johansson
  • Sveriges Jazzband
  • Opposite Corner
  • Mikael Råbergs Storband
  • Putte Wickman
  • Ivan Renliden
Dad was mysterious in many ways so sometimes no one believed him. He had told friends and family and work colleagues that he was going to be on the same flight as Ella and land with her in Umeå. The tv news treated her arrival as the biggest news that day and if memory serves me right they showed her arrival live on tv and just behind her was dad.

Many jaws dropped that day as people realised what he told them was true and I have already posted a picture of him behind her here at Solo not that long ago. Since the jazz museum is now closed I would have wanted the original picture in black and white.

This was the first time he saw her live:

My head has been filled with the names of these legends that dad has been going on about most of my life and when he was on that flight with Ella my dad was 52 years old.

f3ULVOg.jpg

The comment from Gerrit makes me emotional.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
I see the resemblance"

Dunno where he got that from and he was just taking the piss right?

LOL

Watching the subtleties of Sting’s face as Jose Feliciano butchers his song in front of him...

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom