TTY: September UK dates (Hull Sep. 18, London Sep. 20 and 21)

It's not a glitch. It's a deliberate attempt to create panic. With the seated areas, they sell the WORST tickets first, to the deluded desperate fans, keeping the best seats to sell to Corporate Customers and on their re-seller tout sites if it's a hot ticket. Morrissey is not 'hot', but he's never objected to colluding with this in the past. Now, he's just another hawker in an overcrowded gig market selling £75 tickets for 75 minutes onstage and then about the same for a couple of tee shirts. But, y'know, he's an icon. And a 'rebel'. Yeah, right.....

best
GOBB
[exploring the userous economics of rock'n'roll in 2015]

You're fascinatingly inexplicable but sadly not inexplicably fascinating.

Before f***nut here commandeered the thread I was attempting to ask the best arrival time for the London gigs, I reiterate that question. Never done London for Moz before /n00b

Before f***nut here commandeered the thread I was attempting to ask the best arrival time for the London gigs, I reiterate that question. Never done London for Moz before /n00b

If you mean arrival at the venue, personally I tend to get there about 7.45pm

Good luck with the #creativewriting course. *smirks* *rollseyes*

Arrive at the gig if and when you manage to convince passport control to let you into the country. Given the quality of your prose, I think it's rather unlikely you'll get beyond the airport detention lounge. Your comment smells of FAIL! #derangedAmericanbitchestalkingshitaboutLondon

best
GOBB

Thank you my little gem. I fill up with high spirits when I see you little screen name

Indeed. Let moz live a thousand years even if he decides to spend 500 years of those spitting in my face. Viva moz! That hairy manly bastard.

I never thought of Belgrade until this. But I shall come there when moz goes. I can then meet you :). Oh ever so much fun will have View attachment 34340

:)

and, oh, i'm not THAT fashionable :(

:rofl:

Good luck with the #creativewriting course. *smirks* *rollseyes*

Arrive at the gig if and when you manage to convince passport control to let you into the country. Given the quality of your prose, I think it's rather unlikely you'll get beyond the airport detention lounge. Your comment smells of FAIL! #derangedAmericanbitchestalkingshitaboutLondon

best
GOBB

At least you tried. I think. :rolleyes:
c2ad11bfc5df4da794a68d0c6b49e95a.jpg

Just to let you all know, I just loaded 6 x standing tickets for each night in London on the Eventim site. That's wonderful news, isn't it? They went on sale on Friday morning and on Sunday evening you can still load up with a truck load of tickets to give to your family, friends, work colleagues so they can experience The Cult Of Morrissey.

I wonder when Morrissey will begin updating TTY with notes to record epicFAIL! ticket sales in the UK with the same vigour with which he updates the world about selling out a nightclub in Patagonia.

I'm watching Noel Gallagher on telly at T In The Park, it's awful. There was a choir earlier, now he's bashing out some obscure Oasis song that sounds exactly like every other Oasis song. He's actually a talented songwriter sometimes, but live he appears to have all the charisma of an ex-member of Oasis. At least his awful brother has vanished from sight. Hopefully forever. Noel could sing 'People Are The Same Everywhere' and you'd never notice it wasn't a Status Quoasis song. He's wearing a leather jacket. Why does Morrissey go drinking with animal skin fetishists? Oh god, now the guitar solos have started.

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy

ill be in london for 5 days..first time ill have free time, what else should i see? will there be any smiths/morrissey tour those days? any suggestions?? thanks

I get the criticism of the ticket price and wish myself it wasn't so high - but the way I see it is Morrissey is a man without a record deal and clearly needs to tour to make the money right now. If he started a crowdfund for a record deal (which he'll always be too proud to do) I'd happily contribute. For now though, I'll buy expensive Morrissey gig tickets. And while running the risk of making a snobby comment here, it keeps out the people who come for Suedehead and Smiths songs only. I am pleased with the choice of venues and look forward to seeing him in Hull and London.

QUICK! QUICK!

You can still get 6 x Standing tickets for each night at the Eventim Apollo as of noon Tuesday, 4 days after they went on sale. It's a miracle that there's still tickets left, buy them for those people in your life you truly despise #MorrisseyEventimFlop

best
GOBB

This would have been my 30th Morrissey concert but at £75 for a standing ticket at the Hammersmith Apollo, I think not.

I'm not too concerned yet as the scalpers on Stubhub will be reducing their touting prices the closer we get and I still think I'll be there but for closer to £35 for a ticket, which is what these should have gone on sale for (or there will be a groupon deal or something to move ticket sales!).

This would have been my 30th Morrissey concert but at £75 for a standing ticket at the Hammersmith Apollo, I think not.

I'm not too concerned yet as the scalpers on Stubhub will be reducing their touting prices the closer we get and I still think I'll be there but for closer to £35 for a ticket, which is what these should have gone on sale for (or there will be a groupon deal or something to move ticket sales!).

Tickets to Morrissey shows have been handed out for free in both Manchester and London to ensure he doesn't come on stage to empty spaces/black curtains. His Cult Fans deny it, but it's a fact. Great news if touts get gouged, but the prices are silly and probably why the shows aren't sold out.

best
GOBB

Tickets to Morrissey shows have been handed out for free in both Manchester and London to ensure he doesn't come on stage to empty spaces/black curtains. His Cult Fans deny it, but it's a fact. Great news if touts get gouged, but the prices are silly and probably why the shows aren't sold out.

best
GOBB

I agree that the ticket prices are shocking. As I said before, New Order tickets for Brixton Academy are £41 and it sold out within 2 hours and they have since added another night.

I appreciate that promoters set the ticket prices but I wonder if the £75 charge is as a result of Morrissey still wanting the same performance payment as he would in larger venues and therefore the promoters have set the prices accordingly?

If so, he will play to a 70% full venue but still get paid the same when I suspect he would rather play to a full house

Last edited:
This is not a dig at the man. Having seen him in Sydney recently he is worth the money. My understanding, however, is that ticket prices are determined, mostly, by the fees the artist want. The promoters are simply balancing the books.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom