TTY: Morrissey 2016 - Apr. 2016 shows, negotiations being finalized (Asia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela)

Morrissey 2016 - true-to-you.net
23 January 2016

Negotiations are being finalised for the following Morrissey shows in April 2016:

Bangkok (Thailand)
Saigon (Vietnam)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Singapore City (Singapore)
Taipei (Taiwan)
Busan (South Korea)
Seoul (South Korea)
Hagatna (Guam)
Jakarta (Indonesia)
San Juan (Puerto Rico)
Caracas (Venezuela)
Full details are expected shortly.

the_dirty_half_dozen_photomontage_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

The Dirty Half Dozen photomontage above by Sam Esty Rayner.
Left to right: Gustavo, Mando, Jesse, Morrissey, Boz, Matteo.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some items are jokes / debatable, depends how PC you want to get. I saw a post making fun of Russian accents but no one said anything about that. If you want to continue off-topic discussion please discuss in the site feedback forum.

davidt - you are alive!

he plays these areas because nobody else ventures into them, and are thus the only countries he can draw a crowd. most will attend as if were a curiosity, not even knowing who he is.
who would have guessed that our paladin would end this way. reduced to the secondary dog eating market.

Bullshit

Ouch - no Japan. Maybe shows are yet to come.
If not, I'll be heading to one or more of Busan, Taipei, Bangkok -- all great cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Seconded.
The footage from Morrissey's last time in Jakarta was stunning. Wish I could've been there!

no japan because no interest in japan. sorry it is what it is.
he best tour jakarta where they cant tell him from elton john.
most of the musically knowledgeable world has no interest in his material, an obvious point reinforced by the total lack of interest by any record label. (except for kountryfile, of course)

any truth to the rumor that he will be touring Easter Island?

I was desperately looking for a date at Bradford St George's Hall tucked in there. Was it something we said? We bought the album and have stayed with Moz through thick and thin. Yours, The Fans of West Yorkshire (still here!)

I don't know what's more terrible - some of the comments on this thread or that photo by SER.

If not, I'll be heading to one or more of Busan, Taipei, Bangkok -- all great cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Seconded.
The footage from Morrissey's last time in Jakarta was stunning. Wish I could've been there!

Cool - I'm very envious. Hope you can make one of the shows so we can get your report. You won't try going to Jakarta? He seems very popular in Indonesia.

I don't know what's more terrible - some of the comments on this thread or that photo by SER.

Cool - I'm very envious. Hope you can make one of the shows so we can get your report. You won't try going to Jakarta? He seems very popular in Indonesia.

Love the photo, love it. The boys and Moz with their pistol in their hands....

not sure why all the bitter comments, I will try to take in a show and a good book for him to read, I think it is great that he gets to sing to a new audience and he obviously loves doing just that, not sure what happened about the middle east, maybe he meant to write the far east but pressed the wrong keys after the odd drink too many.. anyway, you carry on Moz, most of us look forward to seeing you again, best regards, manc lad, woodhouse park.. (wonder if he liked that breakfast at tiffanys book) maybe I will be brave and ask, what could happen, a stern NO followed by a crack on the head with the mic..

no japan because no interest in japan. sorry it is what it is.
he best tour jakarta where they cant tell him from elton john.
most of the musically knowledgeable world has no interest in his material, an obvious point reinforced by the total lack of interest by any record label. (except for kountryfile, of course)

...they can't tell him from Elton John? Is that why they are singing with him?

Morrissey via TTY in 2012:

"The most breathless delights were Jakarta and Singapore. Why have we been kept apart for so long? In Jakarta and in Manila we seemed to fill the whole city with belief, and we were met with enthusiastic admiration everywhere. In such places, it was encouraging to read reviews thatwere not*written by people who were determinednot*to understand. (That sentence is garbled, but it makes sense to me.)
I have never in my life experienced a crowd such as that of Jakarta, who sang each song so loudly that their voices caught all of the onstage microphones and warped the sound into a mad bellow of love. Later, backstage, we were numbed by the joy that Jakarta had given us."

Morrissey via TTY in 2014:

"I've begged so much to go back (to Jakarta) that it now hurts. I was never happier than in Jakarta. People always talk about Los Angeles as my true family, but Jakarta puts Los Angeles in a Sara Lee trance, which, when you consider how much I love Los Angeles, certainly says something. It was great to have a new slice of life, and I will never forget the audience. But to go back you must wait to get asked, and so far I haven't been asked. All I can do is urge other singers and other bands to go to Jakarta, because it's the heart of the new world."

- - - Updated - - -

Seconded.

Audience participation is brilliant.

Audience participation is brilliant.

The audience is sure going wild. I believe he would have generated the same kind of reaction in other places if he played more dynamic songs. I went to see him in LA a month ago (my first and only Morrissey concert) and was preparing myself for a wild night. Instead the gig wilted after first 5 songs. People really can't roar to World Peace and such. I still love his music and he has a plethora of danceable/jumpable/singable songs form the early 90's, the rockabilly songs from Kill Uncle, etc. I understand it was the end of a very long and presumably exhausting tour, so there was no steam left for some craziness, but he could have chosen a different selection of songs - songs people have not heard for a long time.
I hope he doesn't stop touring, recording, and writing. I absolutely loved his autobiography, but felt that it was not finished. At the end I wanted more (still do). Maybe a travel/touring memoir is in order.

the peeps singing along at jakarta, at the front, are tourists and the dozen usual suspects that stalk moz around the glove. they will be in jakarta and you will see them im durham nc. the vast majority of the 'audience' just sing 'la la la' to every song as they dont even speak or understand english. if it were boy george it would the same, a curiosity. how many legitimate acts play jakarta? hardly anyone. how many units has moz sold in jakarta? i doubt you can even buy his cds there, a couple pirated titles perhaps but thats it.

the peeps singing along at jakarta, at the front, are tourists and the dozen usual suspects that stalk moz around the glove. they will be in jakarta and you will see them im durham nc. the vast majority of the 'audience' just sing 'la la la' to every song as they dont even speak or understand english. if it were boy george it would the same, a curiosity. how many legitimate acts play jakarta? hardly anyone. how many units has moz sold in jakarta? i doubt you can even buy his cds there, a couple pirated titles perhaps but thats it.

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2016/01/12/david-bowie-and-his-love-affair-with-indonesia.html

Back
Top Bottom