the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

US was robbed of 2 points.

The beautiful game isn't so beautiful when the officials take away your win.

I turned off the game after that red card - what a f****ng travesty. :mad:

The Ref didn't shine, did he... The first booking looked harsh, but the second might have been given by another Ref. At the other end the Serbians looked like they'd been paid NOT to score.

Just how bad were England tonight? If it looked like they were feeling the pressure tonight, just wait until Wednesday. What is going on?

And rubbish from England tonight.... Lennon was doing OK, it should have been Gerrard taken off. Kept giving away posession, Lampard too. They all looked tired and dispirited.. Almost as slow as my internet connection...:(

england england my england
whats going on you should play a lot better than that sham.
the whole world is having a good laugh at us :lbf:
we still belive we can do it
just one game left to show the world what we can do or its home time and 4 more years of pain.:tears:

Italian manager.

No more need be said.

I'm not a mod, but I believe your racial/ethnic prejudices should only be posted in the 'sty.

Speaking of bigots, I'll have more to say in the 'sty about the outrageous anti-American refereeing going on at the World Cup. But first I'm off to Speedway to get some Hurricane High Gravity. :thumb: In the meantime, someone find out everything they can about the African referee named Koman Coulibaly. :gun:

FIFA is a joke.

BTW, I thought England was supposed to be good at soccer?

:rofl:

Last edited:
I'm seriously enjoying The World Cup this year.
I like drinking beer at lunch and watching TV.

It's a task to catch games in the Eastern Time Zone of the USA.

FIFA needs to get rid of the plastic horns, get rid of the anti-American refs, and get the games on in prime time in the USA, and then maybe soccer would catch on more in the USA.

Anyway, isn't the silence of the English soccer fans funny? They created this thread thinking their team was gonna go far. If they even get out of the first round it'll probably be because the FIFA refs screwed America.

Here's what the English soccer fans were posting a couple weeks ago:

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

Americans, particularly rich ones who run legendary football clubs (and by virtue legendary British institutions) by piling them up with miilions of pounds of debt, are not the most popular people in the red sides of Liverpool or Manchester at the moment!

Still burning the flag is a bit much

Why don't you be honest. Not all of those rich Americans are poor owners. I know that Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner has been fantastic for Aston Villa. I can't vouch for other Americans, but Randy Lerner is good people. Which isn't surprising since he's a Northeast Ohio dude.

Your British corporation wrecked the Gulf of Mexico and your British politicians can only go on about how they're "concerned" about the anti-BP rhetoric in America. I can only imagine what the English would be saying if an American corporation had done such evil to England's environment.

The best thing that ever happened to Aston Villa FC is that a nice Ohio billionaire bought the team.

Here's what the English soccer fans were posting a couple weeks ago:

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

It wasn't internet blogs that came up with that - it was The Sun newspaper - tabloid trash at its best
the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

England may scrape through on Wednesday. But they don't deserve to.

Dave

One of the most abject performances in international football history. I'll tell you why England were shit, the manager is obviously clueless at international football tournaments (naming the team 2 hours prior to kick-off) and he's completely lost the players, or rather the players have lost themselves.

Rooney's comment to the camera about being jeered by your own fans. Uh Wayne most of them had paid thousands of pounds to watch you and your overpaid, overhyped crock of shite play like that. Against Algeria!!!

Alas English players look good in the Premiership because they're surrounded by millions of pounds of foreign talent. Put them together and they can't string more than 6 passes together.

I hope they can pull it round in the final game and slowly improve because the fans who follow the team through thick and thin deserve better than that.

And why the f*** is David Beckham there? I can't see how his presence is helping anyone?

I think the World Cup hasn't started too well. Teams nervous and maybe unfamiliar with the ball. A lot of skied shots from distance.
Having said that, there have been some high points, honest endeavour, some surprises, and things should liven up as we come to the last games of the group stage.

The Refs have been of variable quality. Some blow for the slightest nudge, others let the game flow. It's a pity when games are spoilt by poor decisions. :(

Reading through the thread, is mozsupportsrovers the only England supporter who has confidence in the team!

Why don't you be honest. Not all of those rich Americans are poor owners. I know that Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner has been fantastic for Aston Villa. I can't vouch for other Americans, but Randy Lerner is good people. Which isn't surprising since he's a Northeast Ohio dude.

The best thing that ever happened to Aston Villa FC is that a nice Ohio billionaire bought the team.

I didn't mention Birmingham in my places where rich American debt runners are not popular. I know Randy Lerner is well respected for what he's done in both England and the States.

I think he sanctioned the transfer of Emile Heskey for example! (Joke)

I think the World Cup hasn't started too well. Teams nervous and maybe unfamiliar with the ball. A lot of skied shots from distance.
Having said that, there have been some high points, honest endeavour, some surprises, and things should liven up as we come to the last games of the group stage.

The Refs have been of variable quality. Some blow for the slightest nudge, others let the game flow. It's a pity when games are spoilt by poor decisions. :(

Reading through the thread, is mozsupportsrovers the only England supporter who has confidence in the team!

I think since the Spanish defeat against Switzerland (and arguably North Korea against Brazil) this World Cup has rapidly improved. Up till last night. They took Corrie off for that!

Your British corporation wrecked the Gulf of Mexico and your British politicians can only go on about how they're "concerned" about the anti-BP rhetoric in America. I can only imagine what the English would be saying if an American corporation had done such evil to England's environment.

Hmm and what has corporate America brought to the table of environmental catastrophes?
http://earthfirst.com/americas-top-10-worst-man-made-environmental-disasters/

And how about a cloud of toxic gas leaked from a pesticide plant in Bhopal, India, killing more than 3,000 people in a span of days and poisoning hundreds of thousands more in the years to come. The Indian government’s count of fatalities caused by the accident stands at about 15,000, making it the deadliest man-made environmental disaster in history? At that time, UCIL was the Indian subsidiary of the U.S. company Union Carbide Corporation (UCC), which is now a subsidiary of Dow Chemical Company.

The hypocrisy is astonishing.

And now putting on my best Kewpie hat....this is a World Cup thread, now run along.

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom