The official ART thread

Hey everyone. I've been really busy and have neglected coming on this forum. It's nice to come back to an art thread.

I've been really into van Gogh lately as well as Odilon Redon. Some of my favorites:

467px-Vincent_Willem_van_Gogh_002.jpg

Vincent_Van_Gogh_-_The_Potato_Eaters.png

And Redon:

droom_redon.jpg

494305038_7d70888148.jpg

Redon was a card. The pastels disturb me (possibly in a good way, possibly not), but the charcoals are hard to argue with. He was practically unknown until Huysmans offered his support.

Félicien Rops, Carrière and Carlos Schwabe are enough to let the sunlight go to waste.

I'm not looking for or posting images; you can do that yourselves, can't you?

Redon was a card. The pastels disturb me (possibly in a good way, possibly not), but the charcoals are hard to argue with. He was practically unknown until Huysmans offered his support.

I love the way Redon disturbs me. So interesting. Nick Blinko's art reminds me of Redon.

I'm not looking for or posting images;

Okay.

you can do that yourselves, can't you?

Yes. Yes I can.

I changed my sig today. I'd been thinking about it for a few days and wanted something that would be appropriate for all my Frink-thread posts, reflective of my feelings about Morrissey as photographic-subject, as well as being expressive of my personal interests. Today at work I was flipping though a book on the Pre-Raphaelite painter Frederic Lord Leighton (I love the drama of the Pre-Raphaelites) and came across this painting of Orpheus (singer of songs so sad the gods wept) and Eurydice:

leighton.jpg

Robert Browning was deeply inspired by the work of Lord Leighton and wrote the following poem to accompany the artwork:

But give them me - the mouth, the eyes, the brow!
Let them once more absorb me! One look now
Will lap me round for ever, not to pass
Out of its light, though darkness lie beyond:
Hold me but safe again within the bond
Of one immortal look! All woe that was,
Forgotten, and all the terror that may be,
Defied, - no past is mine, no future: look at me!

Last edited:
witchessabbathcgfnz4.jpg

I really like Basquiat. I was flipping through a book of prints this morning.

basquiat.jpg

basquiat.gif

basquiat.jpg

Constantly striving to keep this thread alive, some Jack B. :)
Media,10077,en.gif

64.jpg

_42721235_ireland.jpg

I adore JBY. :)

Have you been to the Hugh Lane for the Bacon exhibition? It will be on for a good long while, anyway. Haven't been myself. YET. :thumb:

I meant to mention that to you! I'm treating myself to some Bacon this Friday, most likely. :thumb:

Tags
art no moz pix omg colorz wutizdat
Back
Top Bottom