Moz calls gig off after 3 songs!

email [email protected] there probably won't be anybody there at the moment but they'll probably reply at some point.
if you got the tickets from See Tickets then they'll email you if it is cancelled

I've e-mailed them as well and so I guess I'll have to wait for a response. I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning. No e-mail yet from See tickets so it might still be on.

Russell Brand said that the show would be rescheduled, but that might just be him trying to calm everyone down.
I thought he was sounding back on form, untill "I just want to see the boy happy". Might have something to do with the fans aswell, he was nearly hit by a cup of beer twice.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I've e-mailed them as well and so I guess I'll have to wait for a response. I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning. No e-mail yet from See tickets so it might still be on.

A concert I was going to in December got cancelled and they sent me an email at round midday so 7 hours before itw as supposed to start.. which will be a bit too late if they do that tomorrow with people needing to travel..

Cancelled show ... I was there

Just got home and thought you guys would like to know the full story.

I saw Moz on Monday night as I knew the timings, I got there just as the support act were finishing (I was actually on the XMF request show earlier tonight, getting Steve to play 'Irish Blood'. Steve is a *massive* Moz fan was so excited about seeing him tomorrow and Sunday and we had a chat on air about the 'mighty, mighty Moz'). Another few seconds of my 15 minutes of fame eaten up then ...

So, the usual film intro and we're off ...

First track, 'please, please, please...' - an anthem that meant that Moz's voice was pretty much drowned out anyway (there was some bloke behind me *shouting* the lyrics and so off-key, i just had to get away)

Then, the gig really kick-started with 'Playboys'. Again, Moz avoided the 'international' word but didn't sound too troubled that I could tell.

Next was 'Want to see the boy happy' and that's where it all fell apart. Moz looked agitated ... I thought he just forgotten the words ... he tried again ... walked to the back ... sprayed his throat and then ... he was gone, leaving the band to finish the song alone.

Things got tense now. For 20 minutes various heckles and chants went off. Being Friday night, the crowd were *a lot* more boysterious than on Monday and some comments were just not really funny, attacking Moz rather than being sympathic. The highlight came where one blokes constant chant of 'hands up if you think it's sh*t', was replied by many voice 'you're on your own' ...

Then. Choas.

Russell Brand, Johnathon Ross and David Williams are on the stage !!!

Mr. Brand has the task of telling everyone what we already knew but he barely got the words out before beer, plastic glasses and abuse was hurled his way ...

"fookin' hell", he said in his squeeky voice, "it's not my fault!!!" and then ducked the objects coming his way.

Who said Morrissey fans were all flowers and shoegzing? They can get quite nasty.

As Rossie tried (and failed) to make light of it, the hapless trio skulked off realising they were not possible going to appease this crowd.

What I did catch was "tickets will be refunded" and "Morrissey will make it up to you soon"

I sent a txt to Steve from the car who was still DJingon XFM, and he called me and I told him the story, which he recalled on air, somewhat gutted.

So, a totally mad night for me ... I was on XFM live early on, saw Morrissey, Russell Brand, Johnathon Ross and David Williams and then had a lengthy chat with an XFM DJ.

My heart goes out to those fans that travelled. I saw people in tears. People angry. People very dissapointed.

Dare I say it ? I actually had quite good fun *ducks* ... at least I can say 'i was there'.

God, I'm gonna get flamed for that ...

Anyway - hope that report kinda helps - I'm sure there will be a load more shortly ...

Take care,

Spencer Steel

incredibly enough I just got back from london today, having seen the first two shows, then being sad about not scoring a ticket for wednesday and then being sad about having to get back to germany. and now this! I feel blessed and sad for my friends who are over there still.....

Re: Cancelled show ... I was there

I saw Moz on Monday night as I knew the timings, I got there just as the support act were finishing (I was actually on the XMF request show earlier tonight, getting Steve to play 'Irish Blood'. Steve is a *massive* Moz fan was so excited about seeing him tomorrow and Sunday and we had a chat on air about the 'mighty, mighty Moz'). Another few seconds of my 15 minutes of fame eaten up then ...

First track, 'please, please, please...' - an anthem that meant that Moz's voice was pretty much drowned out anyway (there was some bloke behind me *shouting* the lyrics and so off-key, i just had to get away)

Then, the gig really kick-started with 'Playboys'. Again, Moz avoided the 'international' word but didn't sound too troubled that I could tell.

Next was 'Want to see the boy happy' and that's where it all fell apart. Moz looked agitated ... I thought he just forgotten the words ... he tried again ... walked to the back ... sprayed his throat and then ... he was gone, leaving the band to finish the song alone.

Things got tense now. For 20 minutes various heckles and chants went off. Being Friday night, the crowd were *a lot* more boysterious than on Monday and some comments were just not really funny, attacking Moz rather than being sympathic. The highlight came where one blokes constant chant of 'hands up if you think it's sh*t', was replied by many voice 'you're on your own' ...

Then. Choas.

Mr. Brand has the task of telling everyone what we already knew but he barely got the words out before beer, plastic glasses and abuse was hurled his way ...

"fookin' hell", he said in his squeeky voice, "it's not my fault!!!" and then ducked the objects coming his way.

Who said Morrissey fans were all flowers and shoegzing? They can get quite nasty.

As Rossie tried (and failed) to make light of it, the hapless trio skulked off realising they were not possible going to appease this crowd.

What I did catch was "tickets will be refunded" and "Morrissey will make it up to you soon"

I sent a txt to Steve from the car who was still DJingon XFM, and he called me and I told him the story, which he recalled on air, somewhat gutted.

So, a totally mad night for me ... I was on XFM live early on, saw Morrissey, Russell Brand, Johnathon Ross and David Williams and then had a lengthy chat with an XFM DJ.

My heart goes out to those fans that travelled. I saw people in tears. People angry. People very dissapointed.

Dare I say it ? I actually had quite good fun *ducks* ... at least I can say 'i was there'.

Anyway - hope that report kinda helps - I'm sure there will be a load more shortly ...

Take care,

Spencer Steel

I'm really sorry for all of you guys, really. You must be so disappointed. :tears: But I'm more concerned about Moz and his voice.... Thanks for reporting.

Then. Choas.

Take care,

Spencer Steel

thank you very much for the report Spencer.

I had fun aswell. But then again I live in London and have a 6 day pass. Hopefully the gig will be rescheduled and with a generous setlist.
I thought Russel David and Jonathon were really funny and I just think of it as half a free show!

Thanks for the report Spencer. It's good when people can keep a sense of proportion about it all. Sometimes I think the ones that get the most angry are usually the armchair critics that weren't even there.

Russell Brand said that the show would be rescheduled, but that might just be him trying to calm everyone down.
I thought he was sounding back on form, untill "I just want to see the boy happy". Might have something to do with the fans aswell, he was nearly hit by a cup of beer twice.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

what kind of a twat would throw beer at him? :angry:

Don't bother. When shows were cancelled this summer, the venues never had any answers. The announcement will probably show up here and at TTY early tomorrow, GMT.

Oh Noze... Get well Moz

Pregs, Delilah's is lookin pretty good tonight then, eh?! :cool:

I had fun aswell. But then again I live in London and have a 6 day pass. Hopefully the gig will be rescheduled and with a generous setlist.
I thought Russel David and Jonathon were really funny and I just think of it as half a free show!

aww thats a lovely positive view it is handy you do not have to travel raf and stuff. I hope its all rescheduled soon.

Oh Noze... Get well Moz

Pregs, Delilah's is lookin pretty good tonight then, eh?! :cool:

Yeah... plus we get to choose our own setlist, more or less. Who'd have thought we would be the only ones getting a good Moz fix tonight? I thought it would feel like a bad consolation prize, but now...

OMG!!!! I have a Saint Moz candle that Mel Torment gave me in Merrillville. I'll bring it, we'll keep it burning all night long in his honor.

Get well soon, Moz...

Imagine the scene if they had sent David Cameron out there to tell the audience it was off:D

Jukebox Jury

Yeah... plus we get to choose our own setlist, more or less. Who'd have thought we would be the only ones getting a good Moz fix tonight? I thought it would feel like a bad consolation prize, but now...

OMG!!!! I have a Saint Moz candle that Mel Torment gave me in Merrillville. I'll bring it, we'll keep it burning all night long in his honor.

Get well soon, Moz...

'Runner up' aint so bad :p Let's get our fix on, girl.

Oh yes, bring the candle. I haven't burned mine yet. It's too precious ;)

Then. Choas.

ISpencer Steel

actually before" i want the boy happy "he played the new song "squeezing my skull"
thats when even i heard his voice problems (didnt recognize it in wednesday)but he made it through that song somehow but at "i just want to" it did breaks totally at the end so i he couldnt get a word out at the end...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom