Morrissey's best solo album?

Which is your favourite Morrissey album?

• Viva Hate

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Kill Uncle

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Your Arsenal

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Vauxhall And I

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Southpaw Grammar

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Maladjusted

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • You Are The Quarry

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Years Of Refusal

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Maverick

Maverick
Ok, i'm sure this has been done to death ad infinitum, but what is your favourite Mozzer album?

I'm voting Southpaw, closley followed by Vauxhall then Arsenal

I always usually go for Viva Hate.

It is and always will be Vauxhall, you can't top it.

Here's the order in which I see it.

1. Vauxhall and I
2. Your Arsenal
3. Years of Refusal
4. Ringleader of the Tormentors
5. Viva Hate
6. You are the Quarry
7. Southpaw Grammar
8. Maladjusted
9. Kill Uncle

My apologies - i meant to say favourite on both...

And it's a debate worth having again and again...

That's valid, but the timing is a little early in this case. No doubt many fans and posters/viewers of this site have not heard Years of Refusal yet, despite the early leak. I'm sure a lot of Solo-istes and -istas would like to have time to "live with" and give a proper assessment of YoR before committing.

But, since you asked, Vauxhall, followed closely by Southpaw Grammar and Your Arsenal. ;)

Cheers,
Jamie

That's valid, but the timing is a little early in this case. No doubt many fans and posters/viewers of this site have not heard Years of Refusal yet, despite the early leak. I'm sure a lot of Solo-istes and -istas would like to have time to "live with" and give a proper assessment of YoR before committing.

But, since you asked, Vauxhall, followed closely by Southpaw Grammar and Your Arsenal. ;)

Cheers,
Jamie

I agree with you there, but i thought it was worth putting YOR on there anyway. Great top 3 by the way! On average, i think those 3 will always come out on top. I remember an interview with Mozzer in 2004, when Quarry was released, where he stated that Southpaw was his own personal favourite. The re-release should be cracking.

1. Vauxhall And I
2. Your Arsenal
3. Viva Hate
4. Kill Uncle
5. Southpaw Grammar
6. Ringleader Of The Tormentors
7. Maladjusted
8. You Are The Quarry

still waiting to fit Years of Refusal into the mix, but it will likely slide in somewhere in the middle, in fornt or just after Southpaw Grammar.

Viva Hate, definately. It's not even a hard decision for me...

Totally. Viva Hate isnt great just bc it was his first lp and a lot of the songs cary in the same vein where the Smiths left off but, if you listen closely you can hear Steven Morrisseys heart bleeding....thats the real f***in deal there. I love it.

1. Vauxhall & I
2. Your Arsenal
3. Years of Refusal
4. Southpaw Grammar
5. Viva Hate
6. You Are the Quarry
7. Ringleader of the Tormentors
8. Maladjusted
9. Kill Uncle

1. Vauxhall & I
2. Viva Hate
3. Your Arsenal
4. Southpaw Grammar
5. You Are The Quarry
6. Maladjusted
7. Years Of Refusal
8. Kill Uncle
9. Ringleader Of The Tormentors*

* The only one I don't listen to anymore.

you cant really beat Your Arsenal!

from the moment you hear "you're gonna need someone on your side", you know exactly wat ur in for!.. which is a very FUN and ENERGETIC album!

Back
Top Bottom