Solo-wise, which is your LEAST loved Morrissey album?

Your least love Moz album solo-wise

• Total voters

lostdebris

Ringleader of the Tormentors... I mostly like all of his work -with The Smiths & solo, but this one was just dull :(

I think ROTT gets a bad rap way too much. I personally really like it but hey each to their own.

I voted Years Of Refusal, an album so f***ing pointless and uninspired that it makes Kill Uncle seem like London Calling in comparison!

Would have to be Kill Uncle for me; there are a few good tracks on here but the production isn't great and they don't work together to create a good album.

Love PTxx.

....I personally could just not Take to "Southpaw"...I sold it after giving it more than a fair hearing....But maybe its aged well???....I might try it again someday....

Quarry, Southpaw and ROTT are all pretty much equally duff. The new version of Southpaw would lift it out of the bottom three, just.

here's the official order from the biggest Morrissey-song survey to date.
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83646&page=2

1) Vauxhall & I, average score: 8,60
2) Your Arsenal, average score: 8,43
3) Viva Hate, average score: 8,04
4) You Are The Quarry, average score: 7,92
5) Southpaw Grammar, average score 7,53
6) Ringleader Of The Tormentors, average score 7,48
7) Kill Uncle, average score: 7,20
8) Maladjusted, average score: 7,03

My least would have to be Vauxhall. But Speedway is a work of genius as is Billy Budd. Though funnily one of my fave's is Kill Uncle, and of course his best album cover.

i like kill uncle for sentimental reasons

Me too. Love it.

I don't listen to his last two that much. In fact, when they both came out, I listened to ROTT a lot more than I have YoR.

Scarlet, I was going to say re: Vauxhall & I... REALLY!?????? :eek: :crazy:blasphemy! :p

Me too. Love it.

I don't listen to his last two that much. In fact, when they both came out, I listened to ROTT a lot more than I have YoR.

Scarlet, I was going to say re: Vauxhall & I... REALLY!?????? :eek: :crazy:blasphemy! :p

Vauxhall doesn't get on my playlist much either, Corrissey. But then again, I am :crazy:.

Kill Uncle never gets on. Period. Just the live Rockabillied versions of the songs.

I'm gonna get a bad-rap for this, but I voted "Viva Hate." Not because I dislike it immensely, per se, but it seems to be the one that gets the least interesting the fastest for me after playing it for awhile. To me the whole second half of the album (after 'Hairdresser') are all poorly constructed songs intended to make Moz either sound like the Smiths or fuse in with the coming Britpop invasion of the 90s. Don't get me wrong, I love the first half of the album. Some classic songs there. But the second half doesn't seem like Moz and Street did the best they could to finish. I bet it was very interesting to watch the recording sessions though, the first ones away from the Smiths. :blushing:

Being forced to vote, I'm throwing in my ticket for Maladjusted! If not... I think I MIGHT have had to thrown it in for Vauxhall, but that's more me getting miffed because I don't think it's THAT good and rejecting popularity. But still... very nice!

Sigh... all these Kill Uncle votes are depressing me :lbf:

Kill Uncle by a Mile. At least Maladjusted, which seemed to come dead last in the poll conducted ages ago, has tracks like 'Wide to recieve' and trouble loves me. i even rate some of the other tracks quite high, but I can only eve bear to listen to a few on kill uncle, namely driving you girlfriend home and there's a place...

if they had made the album so that it sounded like those KROQ session tracks did, it'd be a totally different story. Sing your life sounds much better there.

Wasn't too keen on Southpaw until the remaster and reissue in 2009 - I now love it.

Love PTxx.
Yeah, me too. With the added songs and the reordering of the tracks I love it even more now, though I still think it would have been better if Southpaw was still the final track. Also, the new cover picture and liner notes vastly improve it in my eyes.
I voted ROTT as my least favourite though I DO like Far off Places and Pigsty, especially when they are played live. I just find ROTT in it's entirety a bit sombre and sedate.

here's the official order from the biggest Morrissey-song survey to date.
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83646&page=2

1) Vauxhall & I, average score: 8,60
2) Your Arsenal, average score: 8,43
3) Viva Hate, average score: 8,04
4) You Are The Quarry, average score: 7,92
5) Southpaw Grammar, average score 7,53
6) Ringleader Of The Tormentors, average score 7,48
7) Kill Uncle, average score: 7,20
8) Maladjusted, average score: 7,03

Hm, that's surprising to me. Maladjusted is one of my favorites. :o

I'll have to think about this more... It's really hard for me to choose. I like them all for different reasons, and it's hard to find one album that doesn't have a few tracks I don't really enjoy listening to. I think I lean more toward Kill Uncle as least favorite, which is a shame because the cover art/promotions were quite nice.

However, I probably listen to You Are The Quarry the least out of all these albums. *hides*

Tags
album least favourite morrissey moz solo
Back
Top Bottom