Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:

that's if something doesn't make up their minds for them, which is the point M is making.

Any posts commenting with the theory that he supports anyone's ideas is pure speculation.

No, he supports Le Pen. Like he supports Farage - because he is nationalist and against immigration - just look at his lyrics and interviews. If you can't see it, you're in denial. And I won't let him make up my mind for me.

I was hoping the farage incident would be an anomaly but it's is starting to seem like a trend. He could have made his point about the media without declaring le pen the winner which says a lot more about him than thinking the post debate coverage biased. Saying he only sees positive macron coverage with no one voicing the other sides opinion says something about how he feels towards the media but declaring le pen an obvious winner says to something about how he feels about le pen and what she had to say

Can't believe people are surprised, it's been going on long before Farage. Check out a song called Bengali in Platforms.

No, he supports Le Pen. Like he supports Farage - because he is nationalist and against immigration - just look at his lyrics and interviews. If you can't see it, you're in denial. And I won't let him make up my mind for me.

gosh... you are thick.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
Can't believe people are surprised, it's been going on long before Farage. Check out a song called Bengali in Platforms.

pulling out that old standby ?

clear.png

:laughing:

Last edited:
And if we stick to the debate we're talking about? Who will be making the decision about the candidates?

The entire point of this thread is the discussion of that very point, and whether the media plays a part in the process beyond the reporting of fact. Do keep up.

That's not fact, it's propaganda. The BBC doesn't get an EU subsidy. It does consultancy work for UK Local Authorities, some of which the Local Authorities pay for with grants they get from Brussels. But the amount, in the scheme of the BBC's overall budget, is just loose change, not enough to realistically affect its editorial stance. The risk of BBC employees based in France facing criminal charges is probably more relevant.

Consultancy is nomenclature for subsidy. The left wing gets testy if told they live off charity.

Putin is responsible for hacking emails calling Macron or Hillary clowns, as if it were late breaking news. Something everyone knows somehow is double knot secret information.
MSNBC is where you learn that cars are to blame for terrorism.

The entire point of this thread is the discussion of that very point, and whether the media plays a part in the process beyond the reporting of fact. Do keep up.

So I am mistaken. I thought you and Morrissey were trying to tell me Le Pen won the debate. Apologies.

Saying he only sees positive macron coverage with no one voicing the other sides opinion says something about how he feels towards the media but declaring le pen an obvious winner says to something about how he feels about le pen and what she had to say

no, not really. Unless you want to read that into it.

clear.png

Last edited:

It sounds as if the media has made up your mind for you.

Later today Marine Le Pen will lose the Presidential election to Macron. By most accounts she will get the support of 40% or so of the electorate.

That's pretty astonishing for someone continually portrayed as a dangerous outsider, until you realise that in the last three years 238 people have been killed by terrorists in France and the nation has entered it third year under a government imposed state of emergency.

It appears plenty of people in France have decided that is simply not acceptable, whether Valls and others deem it "part and parcel" of living in the west or not.

So I am mistaken. I thought you and Morrissey were trying to tell me Le Pen won the debate. Apologies.

Are you sure you should be arguing on the internet? You don't seem terribly well equipped for it.

It sounds as if the media has made up your mind for you.

Later today Marine Le Pen will lose the Presidential election to Macron. By most accounts she will get the support of 40% or so of the electorate.

That's pretty astonishing for someone continually portrayed as a dangerous outsider, until you realise that in the last three years 238 people have been killed by terrorists in France and the nation has entered it third year under a government imposed state of emergency.

It appears plenty of people in France have decided that is simply not acceptable, whether Valls and others deem it "part and parcel" of living in the west or not.

How many French people have been killed by French people. I would very much like your statistics. Sounds like the right-wing dominated media has made your mind up for you.

Marine loves that one!
Don' now about Marine, but. "A greater understanding of Morrissey's poin of view in Bengalin In Platforms arguably can be gleaned from placing the composition in the context of Viva Hate, an album that evokes several themes and images from the Seventies. ... That is to say, the condescending connotations that prove so irksome are not intended to represent Morrissey's present attitude towards Bengalis... By the time he came to write Asian Rut on Kill Uncle, Morrissey's sympathies (for Bengalis) were far noticeable... as Morrissey himself stresses in his catch-all conclusion I am incapable of racism..."
"Morrissey and Marr, The Severed Alliance" by J. Rogan, page 92

Don' now about Marine, but. "A greater understanding of Morrissey's poin of view in Bengalin In Platforms arguably can be gleaned from placing the composition in the context of Viva Hate, an album that evokes several themes and images from the Seventies. ... That is to say, the condescending connotations that prove so irksome are not intended to represent Morrissey's present attitude towards Bengalis... By the time he came to write Asian Rut on Kill Uncle, Morrissey's sympathies (for Bengalis) were far noticeable... as Morrissey himself stresses in his catch-all conclusion I am incapable of racism..."
"Morrissey and Marr, The Severed Alliance" by J. Rogan, page 92

You know what? I don't know a single racist that admits to being racist. Excuses are myriad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom