Morrissey Direct

I would have thought it would be all Bon Jovi, all the time. Oh, and Poison. And perhaps some Springsteen. I lived in the midwest, we listened to Mellencamp. Who does the west coast have for uber-American, middle of the road, quasi-political rock?

Mellencamp's poisoned the coast, too!

No, I don't know if there's anyone like that. We follow all the same trends, only more shallowly and with better hair.

If anything the West Coast trafficks in upbeat pseudo-punk like Green Day or elevates otherwise vaguely political hip-hop artists like Tupac into folk heroes.

I'm quite proud of the Dead Kennedys but they're not exactly middle of the road...

I can fill in the form, but when I click register, it takes me to an error page. I have no idea whether I'm registered or not. Possibly I am, six times over. Morrissey, please don't send me six separate emails. My poor little heart can't take it, it already leaps when I see your name in my inbox.

Aren't they supposed to get pages fully programmed and beta tested before loading them at their proper URLs? NRITH? Any comment?

yeah same thing happens with me.

Aren't they supposed to get pages fully programmed and beta tested before loading them at their proper URLs? NRITH? Any comment?

A surgeon, a civil engineer and a software engineer were chatting at a bar. The discussion rolled around to whose profession was the oldest. The surgeon said that his was, since in the book of Genesis, God created Eve from one of Adam's ribs, and surly that involved surgery. The civil engineer countered by saying that before God created man, he created the heavens and the Earth from chaos, surly a feat of civil engineering. The software engineer just smiled and said "Where do you think the chaos came from?"

I don't know why everyone's having such problems. I guess that the limited edition thingie that I receive will be worth that much more.

A surgeon, a civil engineer and a software engineer were chatting at a bar. The discussion rolled around to whose profession was the oldest. The surgeon said that his was, since in the book of Genesis, God created Eve from one of Adam's ribs, and surly that involved surgery. The civil engineer countered by saying that before God created man, he created the heavens and the Earth from chaos, surly a feat of civil engineering. The software engineer just smiled and said "Where do you think the chaos came from?"

If Microsoft had designed the universe at least we could finally have an unanswerable argument against Intelligent Design.

Have a shield...

shield.gif

Tommy Gun & Violin - last two albums...

Peter

Judging by the bottom of the crest, the next Moz album will see him weilding a keyblade.

10 points to you if you get the reference I'm making here.

I don't know why everyone's having such problems. I guess that the limited edition thingie that I receive will be worth that much more.

As long as it's not a tacky badge... I'm too old to sew patches on my coat... there actually was one with the Ringleader CD when I first saw it at Borders. And a cool printed rubber band, too. Should have bought it.

At least the rubber band would be useful.

I know, it would be perfect to keep around my datebook in my bag. I'm always tucking business cards and things into it and they go all over. I bet Morrissey's name would have worn off by now, but it would still make me smile.

What the hell, I'm gonna go find me a finepoint Sharpie and a fat rubber band and make my own.

So anyway... um. What's the special order doohickey? Any guesses? Custom bootleg mixes? Ooh.. I know! For $39.95, you get a personalized CD of Morrissey singing a special version of Unhappy Birthday with your name in the lyrics. He's blocked out the entire month of March to record them. :D

Sorry, make that £39.95. He seems to have abandoned the US for now. We're the jilted lover.

Last edited:
The site has been working for me all day.
1-My friend registered in order to receive for info but I dont think she was originally registered for newsletters and such (with the site) because she received an email shortly after confirming it.

2-I put my info in and it went through with no problem. However I did not receive an email.

So did anyone else receive an email?
just curious

Judging by the bottom of the crest, the next Moz album will see him weilding a keyblade.

10 points to you if you get the reference I'm making here.

kingdom hearts...?

Is up and running, sort of. Wonder what the signifcance of the crest is? The little symbols on the background...pen, bomb...from song lyrics? "Made to order, and not available in any store". Hmmm....

Peter

I am hoping that it will finally embrace the DMB, Phish Disco Biscuits and other artists where you can get live material directly from them. Did you like that Phish show back in Nobleville Indiana? LivePhish has it. DMB had a 4 day festival out at Red Rocks? You can purchase the whole set from their site.

What could we get? Wolverhampton 88? The MSG show of 91? Hollywood Bowl 07? The Apollo Comeback tour in NY of 04? The possibilities are endless if Morrissey wanted to take back some creator control over his music.

just curious

I didn't, even though my registration appeared to have gone through without a hitch.

I am hoping that it will finally embrace the DMB, Phish Disco Biscuits and other artists where you can get live material directly from them. Did you like that Phish show back in Nobleville Indiana? LivePhish has it. DMB had a 4 day festival out at Red Rocks? You can purchase the whole set from their site.

What could we get? Wolverhampton 88? The MSG show of 91? Hollywood Bowl 07? The Apollo Comeback tour in NY of 04? The possibilities are endless if Morrissey wanted to take back some creator control over his music.

Damn, I just commented on this over on your free Maladjusted thread.

just curious

Interestingly I did just receive an email when I signed up with my work email address. It took me to a confirmation screen that I’d seen before when signing up to itsmorrisseysworld, and it had a link to itsmorrisseysworld. This didn’t happen when I signed up using my private email address, so I assume that it’s all part of the same database, so if you’d already signed up to the other sites you probably don’t need to sign up to this one.

Interestingly I did just receive an email when I signed up with my work email address. It took me to a confirmation screen that I’d seen before when signing up to itsmorrisseysworld, and it had a link to itsmorrisseysworld. This didn’t happen when I signed up using my private email address, so I assume that it’s all part of the same database, so if you’d already signed up to the other sites you probably don’t need to sign up to this one.

I think you're exactly right. As an experiment I just now signed up w/ my work email and got a confirmation, but I didn't get one when I signed up last night using my home email address, which I had already used to sign up for itsmorrisseysworld.

Good question. Maybe it's just to balance out what would otherwise be a scraggly tail? :p

Why don't you make up an explanation no matter how silly it sounds? It's a lot of fun!

I don't know why the wolf is holding a four leaf clover. Maybe luck is on the wolf's side. Hmmm...too bad, unless the wolf represents Moz in some way.".

i thought it was holding one of those toy windmill things..? :D
not to sure its a wolf either, looks like a griffin/wolf hybrid thingy.
:rolleyes:

like the rest of your interpretation though Mel, well done.

Thanks. I was kind of worried since my friend received her email and all i got was a confirmation page.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

There's also an hourglass, which is used across the single's inner sleeve. Takes time to grow up?

Nice call on the Irish Blood, English Heart symbolism, Uncle.

Back
Top Bottom