Johnny Marr has joined The Cribs...

Here's the thing. Johnny Marr is the "Guitar" of The Smiths. He can write with other bands and perform onstage and on record with them, but he won't be a member of the band. He was a member of Electronic because Bernard Sumner is at the same level. He mostly guested on other records, or they were projects that he may have been very involved in, but he was not a member, ever, of bands like Modest Mouse.

Johnny Marr plays Guitar for The Smiths.

Here's the thing. Johnny Marr is the "Guitar" of The Smiths. He can write with other bands and perform onstage and on record with them, but he won't be a member of the band. He was a member of Electronic because Bernard Sumner is at the same level. He mostly guested on other records, or they were projects that he may have been very involved in, but he was not a member, ever, of bands like Modest Mouse.

Johnny Marr plays Guitar for The Smiths.

i thought he was the smiths trumpet player.

18cribsMTV-main_Full.jpg

I really like the Cribs so I'm sort of excited to see what comes out of this collaboration.

I don't mind them. I really like one of their songs called "men's needs". Reall catchy.

I liked Modest Mouse and thought Johnny did some great wrok with them.

Could be a good chance to see Marr on the road again:rolleyes:.

Bloody hell, he's had more bands than I've had hot dinners. I love the man to bits but he has been a waste of talent since leaving The Smiths in my opinion!

Agreed. I've not heard of this lot but they can't be worse than that awful Healers project. Marr needs to bite the bullet, swallow his pride and contact Morrissey with a view to a reunion project, without the other two of course.

mmmmmm

Agreed. I've not heard of this lot but they can't be worse than that awful Healers project. Marr needs to bite the bullet, swallow his pride and contact Morrissey with a view to a reunion project, without the other two of course.

Not all the reunion projects have been successful.

Brett Anderson and Bernard Butler's The Tears was really disappointing. :(

Then probably, hopefully, Moz would politely refuse and put the phone down.

Back
Top Bottom