Istanbul postponed

Re: Istanbul Postponed

Some more tweets...

From the blogger who conducted the Vegan Logic interviews:

From Time Out Istanbul:

Google translation: "Istanbul concert is planned to take place tomorrow Morrissey was postponed due to logistical delays. Standing by for the new date."

Last edited by a moderator:
To paraphrase Oscar: To lose one band member may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

To paraphrase Oscar: To lose one band member may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

- and this would be amusing were it not for the fact that the band gets amost as much ridicule and venom as Morrissey gets... so presumably there are many people who actually WANT new band members...?

It's like the old Woody Allen joke about the lady who complains about the terrible food in a restaurant. "I know," says her friend, "and such small portions".

Jesse is an utter c***, I hope he's gone
If people knew some of the stunts.
He's just as much a leach as Kristeen

I'd never join a band that would have me as it's member.

Why the hell is he in London? Something is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Привет ребята, мы тоже прилетели сегодня в Стамбул из Питера и в аэропорту узнали о переносе концерта. Вы решили, будете делать с билетами? Есть ли шанс уехать домой не сдавая их и дожидаться другой даты?

Because he took a plane from Dublin to Athens at 2 p.m. Athens time, which then had a 33 minutes delay on take off, so that the band left Dublin at 2.30 p.m. Athens time on the day that the concert in Athens was scheduled. Due to the 33 minutes delay, they missed the connect flight from London to Athens at London Heathrow. Flying from Dublin to Athens takes 5 hours 45 minutes including once change of planes, says Google maps. The next concert would have been Istanbul today so that Morrissey and the band would have had to fly from London to Istanbul yesterday or early today. The problem was however, that there were were no first class seats on the British Airways plane from London to Istanbul at 4.20 p.m. London time yesterday afternoon. At noon yesterday there were only 3 business/club seats and 5 economy seats left for the flight and obviously Morrissey cannot fly anything other than first class. So for that reason obviously the concert in Istanbul today also had to be rescheduled and the concerts in the Netherlands to be pushed back until next year. So Morrissey now has until December 10 to get to the city of the next concert. - The alternative explanation is that one person left the band and needs to be replaced now. As this was not planned, it takes a day or two to do so and the person to get familiar with the songs. And while this is happening, Morrissey is obiously still in London until it is decided when the next concert can happen. This has been decided upon by now, the next concert will be on December 10 so that he can take the next best flight there. Or not. Whatever. I don't really care, I am not going to any of these concerts, I just like looking at flight data and in my early twens I thought that being a tour manager would be a cool job, even though I don't think so anymore since I spoke to Morrissey's tour manager and watched him to his job, which he did really well, impressively well. I don't think I'd be able to cope with these singers, they seem even worse than any CEO of another company. :)

There is gonna be a huge surprise next time they walk on stage

Because he took a plane from Dublin to Athens at 2 p.m. Athens time, which then had a 33 minutes delay on take off, so that the band left Dublin at 2.30 p.m. Athens time on the day that the concert in Athens was scheduled. Due to the 33 minutes delay, they missed the connect flight from London to Athens at London Heathrow. Flying from Dublin to Athens takes 5 hours 45 minutes including once change of planes, says Google maps. The next concert would have been Istanbul today so that Morrissey and the band would have had to fly from London to Istanbul yesterday or early today. The problem was however, that there were were no first class seats on the British Airways plane from London to Istanbul at 4.20 p.m. London time yesterday afternoon. At noon yesterday there were only 3 business/club seats and 5 economy seats left for the flight and obviously Morrissey cannot fly anything other than first class. So for that reason obviously the concert in Istanbul today also had to be rescheduled and the concerts in the Netherlands to be pushed back until next year. So Morrissey now has until December 10 to get to the city of the next concert. - The alternative explanation is that one person left the band and needs to be replaced now. As this was not planned, it takes a day or two to do so and the person to get familiar with the songs. And while this is happening, Morrissey is obiously still in London until it is decided when the next concert can happen. This has been decided upon by now, the next concert will be on December 10 so that he can take the next best flight there. Or not. Whatever. I don't really care, I am not going to any of these concerts, I just like looking at flight data and in my early twens I thought that being a tour manager would be a cool job, even though I don't think so anymore since I spoke to Morrissey's tour manager and watched him to his job, which he did really well, impressively well. I don't think I'd be able to cope with these singers, they seem even worse than any CEO of another company. :)

Well I think you're doing very well and have potential to be a world leading tour manager.

Or Morrissey's new guitarist :guitar:

Why the hell is he in London? Something is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Привет ребята, мы тоже прилетели сегодня в Стамбул из Питера и в аэропорту узнали о переносе концерта. Вы решили, будете делать с билетами? Есть ли шанс уехать домой не сдавая их и дожидаться другой даты?

He had a meeting with Shadrack and Duxbury's, he's always turning up there changing this and that its been going on for a long time now he's obsessed with it one minute he wants to be left in state like (royalty) then he wants pink horses and the animal kingdom to walk behind him, then there is the guest list which changes every day depending on who doesn't say 'yes boss'.
Don't even get me started on the menu ! They can't wait for him to turn his toes up and be done with the whoe thing.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The weekend Steve Barnett pulled the album I was in a heated exchange with a man over a large business transaction. Lots of screaming and blaming and tears.

So it was YOUR fault that Moz got dropped? Thanks. :(

LOL! Imagine the indignity of a standard class B.A seat from London to Istanbul! No 'star' worth their weight in gold would put up with that just to perform in front of thousands of paying customers.

best
BB

Morrissey won't have bad AIDS, I no doubt believe that he asks his fellow sexual partners to "rubber up" before insertion. And he hates blood.

My theory is he's taking the piss with his schedule and acting like a huffy old queen. He maybe does feel a bit under the weather but the show must go on.

this post hits the nail squarely on its head. except that he is not acting.

It's all getting a bit Freddie Mercury.

Yep, with a bit of added whacko Jacko and nutty Subo.
Talking of Subo if I had to send Tosserrey on a blind date I think him and Susan would really hit it off and have lots of poor twisted children, so ugly.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom