Independent: "Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths?" by Sean Smith (May 13, 2022)

smiths copy 2.jpg

Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths? - The Independent

The ‘Oswald Mosley’ of pop is martyring himself on a cross of his own making, but what does that mean for the legacy of the band that started Morrissey off, asks Sean Smith.

Long, critical discussion piece with usual tropes.
Gated article, but where there's a will...
Read in full:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF. When did Morrissey start to appeal to far right racist losers? This has got to be one of the strangest developments in the history of popular culture! God, I hope you and your confused friends are not armed.
It's really interesting that your post being 100 percent wrong because of your immeasurable ignorance makes me a 'far right racist loser' Yes, we are all armed, be afraid :lbf:

They did a meet and greet with Johnny where he immediately realized she was a deranged nutter and quickly moved on to the next person. That is the source of their hatred, that he instantly got the measure of her.
I didn't go, my husband went and they had a nice chat about the Smiths and clothes. He signed a CD for my husband and took a picture with him.

pretty sure the point being made is not whether the word woke existed but that the same characteristics of said fans back in the 80s would have been described as woke if the word had existed then. The point isn't in the word but the characteristic of the main demographic of Smiths and Morrissey fans, now mostly gone.

The 80's were a different time...it's hard to compare. Unless you were around then....

Here's the deal. The sane fans, led by me, are taking back the fanbase. The right wing loonies are f***ing toast.
I'm sure Morrissey would be thrilled to have an illiterate bufoon as the leader of his fanbase, it can be like Lord of the Flies, kind of, and you get the conch shell :lbf: :lbf::swear

I'm sure Morrissey would be thrilled to have an illiterate bufoon as the leader of his fanbase, it can be like Lord of the Flies, kind of, and you get the conch shell :lbf: :lbf::swear
Awww. Good one. Being called an "illiterate buffoon" by someone who can't spell buffoon. Classic!!!

Awww. Good one. Being called an "illiterate buffoon" by someone who can't spell buffoon. Classic!!!
Typo, but I will own it, doesn't make you less of a bufFoon. This has to end here, we are way off topic, you can go insult me in the off topic thread if you want but I am not sure if I will reply.

I think that you will find if you read the post again, we are not talking about the UK. Also, you must be high on crack if you think I would post any personal information here.
You've told us all about your "well compensated" family :rofl:and your "work in the legal field," and later you even decided to be "an attorney." You even told us your hourly rate. :laughing:
Why worry about a few more details? Surely those aren't the limits of your imagination.

It's a link to a video of a song with that title, you idiot
But the video and the song carry the same stupid sentiment and if you creating a huge link to it in every message you post it really carries the same points that have already been made. It is on the edge of insanity.

It's a link to a video of a song with that title, you idiot

You should :lbf:
and now you add this to your hate of johnny marr link:

"this is link to a video and means I am a far right racist"

you really do have issues don't you. I don't think anyone has called you racist. Would you like to point out where? Another non sensical utterance.

The 80's were a different time...it's hard to compare. Unless you were around then....
I was around then and still not the point that was being made in relation to the historical demographic of The Smiths and Morrissey fan bases. I don't think the discussion was comparing then to now, but explaining the demographic that was built up from back then and why it has now gone. You probably should have paid attention more in class.

I was around then and still not the point that was being made in relation to the historical demographic of The Smiths and Morrissey fan bases. I don't think the discussion was comparing then to now, but explaining the demographic that was built up from back then and why it has now gone. You probably should have paid attention more in class.

Undoubtedly a lot of Smiths fans were middle-class students, but there was also a fair percentage of working class fans who were not particularly.....fey. Maybe you should have paid more attention.

Back
Top Bottom