Independent: "Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths?" by Sean Smith (May 13, 2022)

smiths copy 2.jpg

Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths? - The Independent

The ‘Oswald Mosley’ of pop is martyring himself on a cross of his own making, but what does that mean for the legacy of the band that started Morrissey off, asks Sean Smith.

Long, critical discussion piece with usual tropes.
Gated article, but where there's a will...
Read in full:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vast majority of fans I knew of The Smiths in the 80s were all working class including myself and were pretty much for the most part left leaning and would more than likely be described today as woke. I was born into a tough mining family but we were all on the left and would definitely be considered woke today.

Of course not all were working class and not all were middle class, but again, if you pay attention, the discussion point relates to the demographic that was built up but having gone are directly related to the empty seats at gigs and the inability to sell out gigs.

Your link with the middle classes to fey demonstrates your issue with your education and your particular hang-ups and stereotypes.

Again if you complained about not learning anything in your higher education it is likely because you missed the point of higher education in relation to it being completely different to school. The idea is that you self motivate and self educate with guidance and direction rather than being fed o level or a level style teaching methods. It doesn't suit many people who are used to being spoon fed.

Not saying you sound like a patronizing c*** or anything but....

No it doesn't - you're just a lying troll groyper.

Anne Marie was putting out animal memes & articles on social media.

Morrissey hasn't mentioned her for 3 years. And I doubt he ever will.
wow.

So are you saying Morrissey never said on his own page or in interviews with his own nephew that he supported For Britain an stated Anne Marie Waters was a great person?

And are you saying he never went around with a For Britain lapel badge?

What has the fact she was putting animal memes on social media got to do with the points being raised? Please explain how that is relevant?

The fact he hasn't mentioned her for 3 years makes no difference to me. The day he endorsed a party that endorses Islamaphobia, Generation Identity, The Great Replacement Theory and Holocaust Denial was the day of no return for many people, the people who no longer are buying tickets to his gigs, the people who are the direct reason why his Vegas dates are for most dates not really even half full.

Which but have I lied about, please advise? Or is easier to just throw personal insults to someone you don't even know rather than deal with facts? I prefer discussions with people who can hold up a discussion with facts and intelligence and logic rather than personal insults but that doesn't happen often on here.

You are making the same mistake as the other poster.

There is no set of policies that very far right party follows in relation to those points you just make.

There are many right wing gay people. Being gay doesn't mean you are automatically on the left. Remember Milo Yiannopoulos? If you don't know about him google him but he is a vile gay far right commentator who has been banned many times from entering certain countries when invited to speak at far fight rallies because he incites hatred.

Also the idea that the far right people are religious people and christian is also a myth. There are many far right commentators who have never expressed any position on religion or god.

I'm not going to get into a zionism discussion but to say that a lot of UK based far right groups have also never been interested in talking about such things.

Far right groups are more interested in anti immigration and spreading nonsense in relation to the likes of The Great Replacement Theory that bothering what happens in relation to Zionism and Israel.

She has direct links to extreme far right groups in europe who believe in the enforced deportation of non whites from Europe and in particular Muslims spreading fear that Muslims are rapists, pedophiles and are planning a take over of white societies.

She also has invited a well known Swedish Holocaust denier to her party conference including the far right commentator Katie Hopkins. Still convinced she and her party are not far right?

That for me was the last straw. I have connections to people who were affected by the holocaust and to support a party that endorses holocaust deniers and invites them to speak at their party conference is not forgivable or excusable.

If you want to learn more about her links and how she moved from being known as a labour party feminist activist to a far right campaigner with extreme far right links try this:

You obviously feel you're pretty clued-up on the "far-right" of recent yrs but if you knew anything, you'd know AMW was derided for her refusal to want to deport immigrants already here by more right wing individuals, aka PA. To call Katy H, a far-right commentator, is just embarrassing. Stay in your lane.

wow.

So are you saying Morrissey never said on his own page or in interviews with his own nephew that he supported For Britain an stated Anne Marie Waters was a great person?

What has the fact she was putting animal memes on social media got to do with the points being raised? Please explain how that is relevant?

The fact he hasn't mentioned her for 3 years makes no difference to me. The day he endorsed a party that endorses Islamaphobia, Generation Identity, The Great Replacement Theory and Holocaust Denial was the day of no return for many people, the people who no longer are buying tickets to his gigs, the people who are the direct reason why his Vegas dates are for most dates not really even half full.

Which but have I lied about, please advise? Or is easier to just throw personal insults to someone you don't even know rather than deal with facts? I prefer discussions with people who can hold up a discussion with facts and intelligence and logic rather than personal insults but that doesn't happen often on here.

You're trolling.

You obviously feel you're pretty clued-up on the "far-right" of recent yrs but if you knew anything, you'd know AMW was derided for her refusal to want to deport immigrants already here by more right wing individuals, aka PA. To call Katy H, a far-right commentator, is just embarrassing. Stay in your lane.
That is absolutely untrue and any attempt to try to reverse her PR disaster by her party just didn't wash.

From AMW speeches:

“For a start the immigration will have to stop, the immigration from Islamic countries has to stop entirely, that is just the way it is. A lot of people need to be deported. Many mosques need to be closed down. It really has to get tough.”

“We are becoming an Islamic state […] the EU agreed to turn Europe into an Arabian Islamic continent, in return for trade, essentially […] My thinking is we need to reduce their birthrates now.”

She has also welcomed members from the banned National Action terrorist organisation including Sam Melia who she invited to stand as a election candidate.

Katie Hopkins not a right wing commentator. Well that is how she has described herself many times. She has been sacked from many radio stations and even from The Daily Mail after they got sued because she write stating a Muslim family were terrorists because they had a problem getting into a Disney Park. The Daily Mail had to pay out 150,000 to the family. She also has links to holocaust deniers and Generation Identity in Europe which suggests forced deportation of Muslims and non whites from Europe. She was permanently banned from many platforms for inciting hatred and racist views.

But sure she isn't a far right commentator. But then that is your view and everyone on here knows what your dubious racist views are and I would rather discuss with someone with a measure of intelligence.

You're trolling.
No I'm not . But you still are unable to respond intelligently. If you aren't able to do that just ignore me rather than your bizarre meaningless statements.

You're trolling

I would love to believe Morrissey is not a racist but the evidence is undeniable. Sad to say

No I'm not . But you still are unable to respond intelligently. If you aren't able to do that just ignore me rather than your bizarre meaningless statements.

You're trolling

I preferred it when you banged on about the cheese-wheel.

You fine well know that Morrissey is motivated by animal rights.

And Anne Marie was on the left - & is hated by the far right - even if some of them think she can be used to soften their image.

Marxist Lesbian activist Anne Marie Waters, attempts to hijack UKIP for her Zionist backers (Jack Sen, Nick Griffin, Resistance Radio, 16 July 2017)

That is absolutely untrue and any attempt to try to reverse her PR disaster by her party just didn't wash.

From AMW speeches:

“For a start the immigration will have to stop, the immigration from Islamic countries has to stop entirely, that is just the way it is. A lot of people need to be deported. Many mosques need to be closed down. It really has to get tough.”

“We are becoming an Islamic state […] the EU agreed to turn Europe into an Arabian Islamic continent, in return for trade, essentially […] My thinking is we need to reduce their birthrates now.”

She has also welcomed members from the banned National Action terrorist organisation including Sam Melia who she invited to stand as a election candidate.

Katie Hopkins not a right wing commentator. Well that is how she has described herself many times. She has been sacked from many radio stations and even from The Daily Mail after they got sued because she write stating a Muslim family were terrorists because they had a problem getting into a Disney Park. The Daily Mail had to pay out 150,000 to the family. She also has links to holocaust deniers and Generation Identity in Europe which suggests forced deportation of Muslims and non whites from Europe. She was permanently banned from many platforms for inciting hatred and racist views.

But sure she isn't a far right commentator. But then that is your view and everyone on here knows what your dubious racist views are and I would rather discuss with someone with a measure of intelligence.

She probably meant criminals, you dimwit. Not the whole immigrant population. You know nothinggggggggggggggg.

BTW it's "she wrote", not "she write".

wow.

Wait........holocaust denial? What are you on about? As to the GRT........have you seen London lately?

Create an account and put your face on, with your real name and I might.
Most people on here are not using their real name. It makes no difference to this discussion whether my name is Anonymous or Fred Bloggs but as always you will use any excuse to explain why you are unable to respond logically or intelligently.

As has been said by someone else you always creep out from under your rock when the race, culture or immigration whistle goes but never really are you able to intelligently put your point across, not that it is possible to intelligently put across racist anti immigration and anti culture views that you always express and no doubt you will just respond with 4 word personal attack sentence as you always do.

Was anybody talking to you slaphead?
No ...
But we live in a free society, so I have the right to comment on such
Issues that are posted on here.

I might be wrong here, but I don’t recall you mentioning New Mozz music or concerts????

Your just here mostly for the negative uncle skinny hatred posts.
Jumping on the bandwagon of
Belittling people.

As for “slaphead”
It’s a better look than you in that
Childish Duffel coat.

I preferred it when you banged on about the cheese-wheel.

You fine well know that Morrissey is motivated by animal rights.

And Anne Marie was on the left - & is hated by the far right - even if some of them think she can be used to soften their image.

Marxist Lesbian activist Anne Marie Waters, attempts to hijack UKIP for her Zionist backers (Jack Sen, Nick Griffin, Resistance Radio, 16 July 2017)
Nonsense. She has called for the deportation of muslims, she has called for restrictive birth rates for Muslims.

Are you really bringing in Nick Griffin’s point of view on her? I won’t even respond to that nonsense.

She endorses Holocaust deniers who she personally has invited to speak at he party conference.

No one in the right mind would ever say these were actions of anyone on the left.

Her manifesto had one page in relation to animal rights and all is said was that her party’s aim was to ban veal crates. That was her only manifesto policy in relation to animal rights but the problem was veal crates have been illegal for a couple of decades already in the uk so it was rubbish. It was a con to try to appeal to that demographic but anyone who really stood for animal rights would have always known that veal crates were already banned.

No ...
But we live in a free society, so I have the right to comment on such
Issues that are posted on here.

I might be wrong here, but I don’t recall you mentioning New Mozz music or concerts????

Your just here mostly for the negative uncle skinny hatred posts.
Jumping on the bandwagon of
Belittling people.

As for “slaphead”
It’s a better look than you in that
Childish Duffel coat.

You like dealing it out Mr Baz but don't seem to like the comebacks. Grow a backbone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom