Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

i am in absolute 'oh shit' mode. i live in Boise, Id. i had tickets for the nov. 23rd, '12 show in las vegas. booked my travel arangements way ahead of time. incld flight and a room at the cosmopolitan, and had to eat the whole thing! i saved again, and just booked my las vegas-morrissey trip part two, now this! please moz, not again.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

Didn't find out about the cancellation until after driving 5 hours to the show from Canada. A hotel room later and $250 in gas.

Good times.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled

the bus was here in Flint. So...band is sick...you already cancelled on fans here once. Get your ass out of the bus and sign some autographs. Dont a an asshole your whole life Moz.

You fans are loyal and deserve better than this

Here come all the negative comments. But it's frigid up there in MI and IL so I'm not surprised he came down w/ something. Hope you get well soon Morrissey... in time for the Vegas + leg of this tour. It's 72 where I am :p

hello. are you going to the las vegas show?...(rather, do you have tickets and are hoping to see him there this time?)

hello. are you going to the las vegas show?...(rather, do you have tickets and are hoping to see him there this time?)

Yes, I'm going to the Vegas show and don't have my ticket yet. But don't think Vegas will sell out like shows there used to a long time ago. Vegas used to be THE PLACE to see Moz...fans flew in from all over... So Cal fans came in droves... but not anymore. I remember being in the front part of the line for a show inside the Luxor or was it next store in '99 and the show was cancelled very last minute per Alain was sick or something. Alot of pissed off fans then too but me, no, I know it comes w/ the territory of travelling to see Moz. Same thing happened to me again in '04...drove 20+ hours...all the way across Texas and drove up to the venue and piece of paper said "cancelled"! Still love Moz! Viva!

I'm disappointed - live in Detroit area about 1.5 hour drive from where I live. I just wish we could have known earlier today at the least. I guess he was thinking about powering through it. I guess. They notice was only about 3 hours prior to the show.

Don't know if this will help but here goes.

I had a job once I held it for 16 years and touring was the biggest part of it. Now before I had this job I had a 'boring' 8 to 5 week in week out job.I would go and watch gigs then come home and dream about how fantastic, cool and glamorous it must be to be on the road living the dream. How wrong I was ! (These are my views).
Its the toughest job mentally and physically I have ever had and I hope I never have to do it again. Your body begins to ache, your diet suffers, the candle gets burnt at both ends,sometimes you wonder where you are, relationships get strained with the people around you and on the phone to loved ones back at home and when you do get home your exhausted.
You go to bed and silly things go over and over in your head then you nod off and before you know it 'beep beep' FFS ! I have never been a sociable person at breakfast even back home, I like to come round nice and easy. Not on tour !! (I can feel it now) The phone starts f***ing ringing and beeping from crewmates about breakfast !(we're down here shall we order for you ? f*** off) At the breakfast table people all around you and on the same table as you are starting to make or take calls, and to make it even worse one bloke was ALWAYS on a f***ing high (A proper Chris Evans). And then it's off to work we go. (FFS my are eyes are gettin wet! )
When I look back I remember names of places and unless something really freaky happend that is all. The funniest moment was returning to a hotel in Leeds and seeing a warning note on the dresser, the night before one of the crew pissed all over the floor and tried to sort it using the iron.
This storie is old but it goes on !!
My point ????

This is a VERY demanding tour ,God help and protect them.

Yeah, I would be very upset if a show I would be going to got cancelled, but I wouldn't be angry at Moz himself. I would just be entirely upset about the entire situation.

"Oh Christ, another stifled Friday night!"

Been 29 years ..1984 (approx) since i have seen Morrissey/The Smiths at the Fox in the D..so disappointed he did this..with my girl who has never had the pleasure to c. Only to be at the whiting and turned away..He is correct---humans are wreched and i have concluded after two cancellations he is that..Thanks M...another wreched disappointment

The whole problem with the cancellation is that he doesn't do it sooner. Certainly, he knew that he or his band member was sick earlier in the day.

This is why people get pissed. It would be better to announce an early cancellation than try to "see what happens" in terms of a person's condition. This is general concern for others; but wait, Morrissey only cares about himself and his animals.

Welp, I guess I lucked out. The worst that happened to me was being on the road 30 minutes before Ticket Master called.

It`s pretty sad for the people who had tickets.I feel your pain.I`ve been cancelled on too.But it`s flu season plus like someone said before they travel a great deal.Plus I think it`s a pretty grueling schedule.All that stress on the body can make you more prone to illness.

i bought two front row seats for minneapolis back before the october show and paid waaay too much for them. i am really nervous now whether they will be used. For sale two front row seats for to be scheduled morrissey show. best offer.

Wonder if Morrissey is against flu shots... they contain chicken eggs after all.

I'm 45 and have been a huge fan since I was in high school. Have never seen him but have every cd, import or domestic he and the Smiths have put out. Took next Wednesday and Thursday off so my husband and I (yes we are both men,:) could drive to Atlanta from our home in Orlando. I am praying boz or whoever is sick gets better! I've been waiting 29 years for Thursday night!!!!!

Btw everyone, the KILL UNCLE REMIX is fabulous!

I'm 45 and have been a huge fan since I was in high school. Have never seen him but have every cd, import or domestic he and the Smiths have put out. Took next Wednesday and Thursday off so my husband and I (yes we are both men,:) could drive to Atlanta from our home in Orlando. I am praying boz or whoever is sick gets better! I've been waiting 29 years for Thursday night!!!!!

I hope that you get to see Morrissey. He is fabulous in concert. I saw him perform twice in the past three months. It seems that some of the critical posters here have never seen perform. Good Luck!

I had tickets for the October concert at the Whiting, but instead of waiting for the rescheduled date I got a refund...I just knew something like this would happen. I'm feeling sorry for everyone who made the long drive to Flint to only find out the show was cancelled.

Drove from London Ontario to Flint, took the day off. Last time. This happens too often and is just too risky anymore. Seen his bus in the back of Whiting... They were there. Talked to one of his crew..didn't spill anything but he was apologetic. I was worried his mum died. I have to say though ..the whole band is sick eh? It would be my advice too, if I were a promoter to shift the blame. Imagine, another show cancelled by Morrissey himself. Well whatever the reason. This fan since 1995 is done. Retired. Cost way more than just a ticket. Over the years this has happened way too many times. It's like that employee that's great and all but they keep calling in sick and eventually you just gotta let them go.

Yes, I'm going to the Vegas show and don't have my ticket yet. But don't think Vegas will sell out like shows there used to a long time ago. Vegas used to be THE PLACE to see Moz...fans flew in from all over... So Cal fans came in droves... but not anymore. I remember being in the front part of the line for a show inside the Luxor or was it next store in '99 and the show was cancelled very last minute per Alain was sick or something. Alot of pissed off fans then too but me, no, I know it comes w/ the territory of travelling to see Moz. Same thing happened to me again in '04...drove 20+ hours...all the way across Texas and drove up to the venue and piece of paper said "cancelled"! Still love Moz! Viva!

the reason i asked is that im traveling alone, (i made a post on this site under 'fourms' i believe or the spot where you can post a message other than 'tour') anyway, i was wondering if you and/or friend(s) would care to meet up before the show at the cosmopolitan and meet a fellow moz fanatic, (me) and talk a bit of morrissey, trade concert stories, hold each others place in line, etc? i included my email address with my post if you are interested. thought it might be fun. going to a concert solo kinda sucks. let me know. cheers! chris

Back
Top Bottom