Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled

Chicago's getting nervous......

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not again, and he probably wont reschedule.

Here come all the negative comments. But it's frigid up there in MI and IL so I'm not surprised he came down w/ something. Hope you get well soon Morrissey... in time for the Vegas + leg of this tour. It's 72 where I am :p

It was only a matter of time before the cancellations occurred. Whoever was in charge of scheduling his tour should be immediately fired. Three dates in three nights with a total of 1000 miles between venues. This type of travel would only led to sickness and burnout. He would have been better off to hit Chicago between Flint and Minneapolis. I only hope he physically recovers before he make it to the West Coast.

True. The reports from a few shows ago noted that the entire band was ill, so this is not unexpected. At least they did not wait until an hour before the show.

Maybe he can rethink the shoddy setlist while he recovers.

According to the site, the date will not be rescheduled, so the fans here are shafted. Maybe this was canceled due to poor ticket sales?

As a resident of Detroit, I thought it was absolutely stupid to schedule Flint instead of Detroit--considering Detroit gets people from around here--plus Windsor, Ann Arbor, Toledo. Hit up the Filmore in Detroit next time!! I for one glad I didn't buy tickets to Flint...would had if it was closer.

Sore throat.

According to the site, the date will not be rescheduled, so the fans here are shafted. Maybe this was canceled due to poor ticket sales?

bingo!! It was stupid to schedule Flint instead of Detroit. I'm a huge fan living in Detroit but didn't bother with Flint.

Chicago's getting nervous......

Could be worse at least it's not his Mum eh ! (look on the bright side).

I bet he's infected himself by putting his own salt on his fries what a dope.

We'll let you know

I'm not buying this...'Sick' a few hours before the show in a venue that he chose due to problems last time he was here? Doubtful. I have a rental van and six drunk friends now. Damn you Morrissey! Don't choke on your Inn Season on your way out of town!

Err. No, actually. Not a sore throat. :)

Well, that's all I got so I went with it. :p

I'm not buying this...'Sick' a few hours before the show in a venue that he chose due to problems last time he was here? Doubtful. I have a rental van and six drunk friends now. Damn you Morrissey! Don't choke on your Inn Season on your way out of town!

The thing is hitman I understand your anger and because of the all the previous history it brings a reaction (right or wrong) of the old tale of 'The boy who cried wolf'

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not again, and he probably wont reschedule.

Meanwhile not a f***in dickie-bird from True-to-Spew !!!

Online Hateful Creche gets another SCOOP !!! Well done fellow haters proud to be one of you.

Pin and mount me Hockney

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom