Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
I realize this probably isn't the time and place to mention this but he's never cancelled on me. :cool:

OH WAIT THAT'S NOT TRUE...Portland when his mom got sick. But I went anyway and had an amazing time. Go get some dinner at a weird Flint Diner people and quit yer whining! :p

Kidding, I imagine it sucks. But seriously, enjoy the city since you drove there. I bet there's some awesome divey bars.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

I had tickets for the October concert at the Whiting, but instead of waiting for the rescheduled date I got a refund...I just knew something like this would happen. I'm feeling sorry for everyone who made the long drive to Flint to only find out the show was cancelled.

Yeah...good instincts...drove from London Ontario ..seen his bus in back and a few crew members. So they were there..
But something was off about the situation. Instincts.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled

I was coming from Windsor. Leaving at 6... I was so excited. I don't think I will ever get to see him. :( GET well though, all of you.

As a resident of Detroit, I thought it was absolutely stupid to schedule Flint instead of Detroit--considering Detroit gets people from around here--plus Windsor, Ann Arbor, Toledo. Hit up the Filmore in Detroit next time!! I for one glad I didn't buy tickets to Flint...would had if it was closer.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

What a douche....gasping and wheezing to the finish line, eh? Get off the stage, indeed!
Go see a decent tribute band instead, people.....They work harder, care more and play a MUCH better set list!!

300 mile drive each way.
Hotel room
Turned down a nice paying gig.

Yes people get sick but 3 hours before is NOT when you cancel.
No on-site refund. You give me my money back and deal with Ticketmaster, you have a relationship with them.
Talked to tour manager and local promoter and neither offered an apology.
Amazed by the complete lack of professionalism from all involved.

And you, my friend, know nothing about the often-tied most dangerous city in the whole of the United States: Flint, MI.

I realize this probably isn't the time and place to mention this but he's never cancelled on me. :cool:

OH WAIT THAT'S NOT TRUE...Portland when his mom got sick. But I went anyway and had an amazing time. Go get some dinner at a weird Flint Diner people and quit yer whining! :p

Kidding, I imagine it sucks. But seriously, enjoy the city since you drove there. I bet there's some awesome divey bars.

The last time I saw Mozza was in 1988 at the famous free Wolverhampton civic gig, I was so looking forward this drove down from London, Ontario and got a call from ticket master an hr and a half before the start.
Spent a shit load of money on gas and hotel. Not happy but what can you do, get well soon Moz and band, Mozilla you owe me a t-shirt at least. Xl please :-D

And you, my friend, know nothing about the often-tied most dangerous city in the whole of the United States: Flint, MI.

I had my ipad stolen from King Eddy's Saloon and chased the lady INTO skid row to get it back (and did). I bet Flint is child's play compared. :p

No but really, be safe. Go diving in groups.

300 mile drive each way.
Hotel room

No on-site refund. You give me my money back and deal with Ticketmaster, you have a relationship with them.

I have a body aching, nose dripping, sore throat cold now I didn't have four hours ago. SOmetimes these things DON'T take time.

Didn't find out about the cancellation until after driving 5 hours to the show from Canada. A hotel room later and $250 in gas.

Good times.

The cure never cancel and they play for 3 hours

Time to whip out that magical, medicinal bread, Morrissey...

If it was anyone else in the band that was sick, the show could have gone on. Him and just one of the guitarists (Boz or Jessie) could have done an acoustic set or something interesting. It would have been quite unusual and very special, it should have happened.

I've seen Morrissey maybe a dozen times, from his first solo show in the US way back when to a show in Scotland and some were amazing, some were OK, and a couple were so-so (bad sound, off voice, off night, whatever), but I have tried at least twice to take my brother to see a Morrissey concert and both times, last minute the day of the show, he has cancelled.

I drove up to Flint from Toronto, at the border we got an email saying the show would be on earlier at 8pm instead of 9pm. I took my roaming off to avoid charges, drove to Flint to find out it was cancelled. Sucked. I just don't get why they said it would be on earlier than just cancelled. Anyways I hope he reschedules or comes to Canada, we don't all support the seal hunt up here. Get well Morrissey :)

The cure never cancel and they play for 3 hours

True, but that only means one song.

If it was anyone else in the band that was sick, the show could have gone on. Him and just one of the guitarists (Boz or Jessie) could have done an acoustic set or something interesting. It would have been quite unusual and very special, it should have happened.

Yeah. I'm amazed they didn't do that.

I've seen Morrissey maybe a dozen times, from his first solo show in the US way back when to a show in Scotland and some were amazing, some were OK, and a couple were so-so (bad sound, off voice, off night, whatever), but I have tried at least twice to take my brother to see a Morrissey concert and both times, last minute the day of the show, he has cancelled.

He's out to get you. He's just toying with you now. Don't take the bait by complaining in public like this. It'll just make him feel like he's won and besides, it makes you look weak.

300 mile drive each way.
Hotel room

Why should they apologise? They haven't done anything wrong

Band illness, come on this is the second cancellation in flint. I agree that he should went to Detroit or windsor, but poor flint being cancelled on twice. The place that GM screwed and now morrisey s adding to the insult.

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled

For Maladjusted Tour, when Morrissey played Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor...I shouted to the man-"Morrissey make Motown...Moztown"...and the man then went on to play The State Theater(no need to thank me). I know that Morrissey was troubled by Detroit(in the Johnny Rogan book) when The Smiths played there in 1985...they stayed in a hotel where one of his idols stayed and at that time the hotel was shady and in horrible condition...I am sure that is still the case or it has been torned down/burned down. I think that if Morrissey played Detroit again...he would want it to be at The Fox Theater.

"Hello Manchester!!"

That was my first Morrissey show :)

Third row but too shy.

Betfair won't pay up either, I had this cancellation at 5/1 on their Bet In-Play market but they're claiming the market was on a postponement

I'm not suprised because if you look back to an earlier show posting on this site "Ambitious insider" predicted that this tour would go tits up by posting 'all we have to do is sit back and watch it cave in before our very eyes' or something like that. So its no wonder they won't pay out they would have sniffed a rat with all the crew lumping huge amounts on it.

This is what happens when you give up meat your body loses its immune system and you can't fend off minor illness.
A good big F-Off mixed grill should be the doctors orders.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom