Do You Prefer Listening To Moz Live Or Not Live- I'm talking about the CD's

Mostly I prefer the studio tracks to live recordings as well.
I do actually like quite a few of the tracks on Earl's Court.
I think the live version of "Shoplifters" is fantastic and totally rocks in a way that the studio version doesn't. :guitar:

Embarrassingly, I don't own "Rank" ... I think I'm going to have to fix that with a quick trip to Amoeba this weekend. :)

just live..should be..by any good artist:)

Six words: Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

I often switch to the one live version when playing The Queen Is Dead.

I love Rank (pure energy) & Live at Earl's Court (<- the only HSIN version I'll listen to :rolleyes:), but I still prefer studio recordings.

I much prefer him singing live. His voice is almost note-perfect and he sometimes changes some of his lyrics. I love to hear him talk to his audience even if he just says 'thankyou!' I'm probably a bit sad, but I like the less 'polished' finish. It reminds me of seeing Him sing in the very (very) early Smiths days. I think the live stuff just has more energy.

Studio usually...

i like both. i usually can only listen to live if i've been to the show, or there's a lot of banter that I can understand :)

Hi CaliMozGirl!

hmmmmmm, well.......

Beethoven Was Deaf is EXCELLENT, and so is Introducing Morrissey. I prefer live generally, but I didn't care for some of his live releases. A great, excellent quality live recording, official or bootleg, is generally better than a studio recording, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom