Question about live version of Please Please Please...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Howdo.

I play this song a lot, and I always play it with an intro. I couldn't figure out where I'd heard it before, then I realised it was from the Shoplifters From Manchester compilation (some of you afficionados will be able to tell which gig it's from)...download here. Anyway, is that intro 'standard' - I have a load of music books and I can't find it in any of them (unless you know better), so was it always used when the song was played live, or just on the odd occasion?

Cheers,

Peter

Howdo.

I play this song a lot, and I always play it with an intro. I couldn't figure out where I'd heard it before, then I realised it was from the Shoplifters From Manchester compilation (some of you afficionados will be able to tell which gig it's from)...download here. Anyway, is that intro 'standard' - I have a load of music books and I can't find it in any of them (unless you know better), so was it always used when the song was played live, or just on the odd occasion?

Cheers,

Peter

I'm not sure if it was played live this way every time, but I doubt it was the only time.

Other songs with awesome live intros include Miserable Lie, which Johnny sometimes began with a very pretty descending riff before going into the regular verse riff.

Also, William It Was Really Nothing sometimes began with a single chord change, along with Rourke doing the bass part solo. Johnny would play a few more chords before going into the super fast rythym part.
________
buy vaporizer

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it was played live this way every time, but I doubt it was the only time.

Other songs with awesome live intros include Miserable Lie, which Johnny sometimes began with a very pretty descending riff before going into the regular verse riff.

Also, William It Was Really Nothing sometimes began with a single chord change, along with Rourke doing the bass part solo. Johnny would play a few more chords before going into the super fast rythym part.

Yes, the Miserable Lie verion is fab. I have this version from the Glasgow 1985 gig (from which comes the recorded version of What's The World)

Peter

Back
Top Bottom