Boston Cancelled

If you tell people to quit their whining than clearly you're someone whose mommy and daddy will give you $55 for a concert ticket. It's a lot of money for regular working people. Morrissey lives pretty well- I'm sorry I cant pity him more and instead have sympathies with the audience members who are mostly of lower income brackets than Moz.

first of all i earn my money as a photographer thank you very much and my mommy and daddy never have and never will give me concert ticket money. so thats just wrong... I work and I pay for tickets and its not 'nothing' for me to spend that kind of money (the boston show was cheaper than many btw) and I did not have mommy and daddy pay when I saw Moz at an oversold limelight that nyc fire dept shut down after 20 minutes... and I did not complain. The only spoiled people here are the BITCHERS.

and yes there are Morrissey fans... its a Morrissey site. And people are allowed to have their point of view. you post here... so can I. And I hate bitching. if you want to bitch then why the hell come here? go punch a pillow or something... don't puke all over me.

poor mr. sickly!

first, david letterman puts a plate of ribs on the stage before he goes out to play and now he gives morrissey a bad throat! is there no end to the wrath of david letterman?

I think it would be very emotional to get to the show and have this happen. I'm not mad at the people that are upset. Instead of fighting with someone that might have spent their rent money to go to the show, just remember that they are upset, and try to keep it positive. It's great that a make-up show was promised and that people got to see him tonight for a while. Let's hope he will receive those positive vibes he is being sent.

About leaving without saying goodbye, it's hard to say. It would be a professional thing to do, but as was recently pointed out here by one of our well respected posters, if Morrissey was a "professional" he would be all that implies, and he wouldn't be the person that many of us are slightly obsessed with.

Sorry for those of you that were disappointed tonight and hoping you are all able to attend another show, make up or otherwise, very soon.

Finally, someone who can make sence.
Well said. I was in the second row in the front. The people did not boo until the skinny man with the nervous voice came out to tell people that was it. Im not a booing type person and yes I was a little shocked at the booing but hey its a reaction just like Moz's reaction to not coming out. I personally do not think he should of come out. It was in his best interest. It was a very odd moment before we were told about this show not going on. He was singing and looked very hot like all of us (maybe 115 in the shade) He rips off his shirt, like it was scratching him to death, buttons and all and throws his shirt into the crowd next to me and the fights almost start. Security had to deal with that mess. The the band waited for him for about 3 min. and this little nervous man came out.(I got it all on video and no I wont share) The band was shocked as we were. But to top it off with 'That's Life" playing on the loudspeakers? Come on. lol I wasn't even mad and I am a Bostonian.

I love him, hes great. I think he basically was hot as hell like we were and his voice was worn and he couldn't take it anymore. He's human. I am very happy to be going again whenever this may be. Freedom of opinion is a wonderful thing.

Well this was my first Moz show and I really couldnt complain about the vocals. I thought he sounded good as did my friends and the other people around us. The band was still standing on the stage for minutes after he walked off and I dont think most people in the audience suspected that the show was over until that dweeb who must've been running the place came out and apologized for him.

If people dont want to hear us complain, is it that hard not to read our posts? Obviously there's going to be a few people pissing and moaning about the way it was handled so stay out of this thread if it pains you so much.

kobe- you have to realize these are Morrissey fans. I am one too but I knew by making any sort of criticism whatsoever that I was throwing myself to the wolves. The situation was handled poorly- end of.

I also dont think the show will be rescheduled. I've dealt with this venue before and they generally waste lots of time claiming a show will be rescheduled, a few weeks or so will go by with no updates and suddenly they'll announce they couldnt work anything out and begrudgingly pay back the folks who agitate them enough about the refund. I had to call these people like a haunt until they refunded me after canceling a supposedly "postponed" show in 2005.

If you tell people to quit their whining than clearly you're someone whose mommy and daddy will give you $55 for a concert ticket. It's a lot of money for regular working people. Morrissey lives pretty well- I'm sorry I cant pity him more and instead have sympathies with the audience members who are mostly of lower income brackets than Moz.

Go back to the front page with the rest of the bitchers! You are pissing me off, Morrissey is human, I know it's hard to get through your head but he's not your little puppet to sing for you when ever you want. And no my mommy does not give me money for concert tickets, yes some of us actually do have real jobs and family's to support and still can go to Morrissey concerts.

first of all i earn my money as a photographer thank you very much and my mommy and daddy never have and never will give me concert ticket money. so thats just wrong... I work and I pay for tickets and its not 'nothing' for me to spend that kind of money (the boston show was cheaper than many btw) and I did not have mommy and daddy pay when I saw Moz at an oversold limelight that nyc fire dept shut down after 20 minutes... and I did not complain. The only spoiled people here are the BITCHERS.

and yes there are Morrissey fans... its a Morrissey site. And people are allowed to have their point of view. you post here... so can I. And I hate bitching. if you want to bitch then why the hell come here? go punch a pillow or something... don't puke all over me.

Relax man, you're more worked up than anyone actually voicing disappointment. I'm quite sure how I'm spoiled because I'm disappointed that a concert I had been wildly looking forward to was cancelled mid set? Just b/c I'm "bitching" I'm spoiled?

tomorrow's show also canceled according to this website...

http://www.iheg.com/index.asp

ahhhhhhhh.... thank you thank you thank you for showing this to me! the last thing I wanted to do was drive and find out AFTER all that time, gas, and toll money!

:)

hoping Mozza takes it easy and is in prime form for MSG.

try paying over 400 dollars just to go see him in a city in the US just because he is boycotting your country. try accumulating that money through a student, 7 bucks/hour job. then tell me what devotion is.

i think that not caring if the man is truly ok or not (because if you were a regular observer of morrissey's career, you'd know better than to assume that he was just acting like a diva and walked off for the heck of it, he gives 100% and more each and every night) is incredibly insensitive. i guess you just don't connect with him on a personal level like that.

so far today and tomorrow(?) canceled...

he could be sick...or perhaps hoping frustrated fans will buy MSG tickets for this saturday. ok, i shouln't say such things, morrissey may come on here and be pissed off at fans for even thinking such 'solow' things. but lets face it guys, he goes about things the wrong way.. sometimes. and if morrissey reads this, he knows it's true. he'll be the first to admit it...to himself at least.

Last edited:
You people are obsessive and dull. At the very worst the guy might have a slight sore throat and you people are acting like he's dying of cancer and we're just being insensitive. Sorry but we have every right to be annoyed and its funny, you guys are more uptight and upset that we're voicing discontent than we are that this gig was canceled early in a very rude way.

ahhhhhhhh.... thank you thank you thank you for showing this to me! the last thing I wanted to do was drive and find out AFTER all that time, gas, and toll money!

:)

hoping Mozza takes it easy and is in prime form for MSG.

if he cancels Fridays show, I'm seriously gonna SOB, for HOURS. :(:(:(

so far today and tomorrow(?) canceled...

he could be sick...or perhaps hoping frustrated fans will buy MSG tickets for this saturday. ok, i shouln't say such things, morrissey may come on here and be pissed off at fans for even thinking such 'solow' things. but lets face it guys, he goes about things the wrong way.. sometimes. and if morrissey reads this, he knows it's true. he'll be the first to admit it.

sometimes, your analysis are great, i like your posts, observations. but then at other times, you come out with bullshit like this...
honestly...how can you ever assume that of morrissey, after such a long career of being true to all of us. he could have gone down that commercial, deceiving of the audience, "backstage cuddle pass for fanclub members", christmas album path A LONG time ago if he wanted to. how much longer must he stick around to prove himself as a true individual in the world of music?!?!?!?!?!!
no matter what the speculations are, i know for a fact that morrissey would NEVER leave a theatre full of people in order to cash in more at some other place. honestly. when has he done that? why speculate now? grrrrr!!!!!!

You people are obsessive and dull. At the very worst the guy might have a slight sore throat and you people are acting like he's dying of cancer and we're just being insensitive. Sorry but we have every right to be annoyed and its funny, you guys are more uptight and upset that we're voicing discontent than we are that this gig was canceled early in a very rude way.

And you're acting like you are the only person this has EVER happened too! Morrissey's life does not revolve around your little world, or ours for that matter! I'm done with this...I hate that you people have taken over our forums. GO AWAY!

Agreed.....all the people on here bitching have 1 post to their names! I mean it's bad enough they do it on the front page, but now they are invading our space! I love your use of the word disappointing by the way, and even better it's spelled right!:D

So you were never at the one post mark eh? Im so glad not to no longer be one post, now that I got two now. And yes, maybe I am the only one here who is new who did not bitch..I was actually in agreement with most posters. I understand you but maybe people just need to vent to the "regulars" a little. I have been to over 1000 shows in my life and not once did I ever been to a cancelled show (in the middle that is) I am glad to have experianced it. I hope Moz gets better soon:):)

you obviously don't know morrissey's connection with his listeners. he wouldn't leave just because of a sore throat. like i said, look at his impecable record, and see that this is a thing out of the norm- no wonder people are concerned, because this is not how he usually is. it is not a habit that he has.
you must be one of those casual listeners...

there is at least one other new member who went to the show but isn't bitching ;)

though i have been around for a whole day or two already

So you were never at the one post mark eh? Im so glad not to no longer be one post, now that I got two now. And yes, maybe I am the only one here who is new who did not bitch..I was actually in agreement with most posters. I understand you but maybe people just need to vent to the "regulars" a little. I have been to over 1000 shows in my life and not once did I ever been to a cancelled show (in the middle that is) I am glad to have experianced it. I hope Moz gets better soon:):)

No No, don't take that the wrong way. I was just saying everyone that was bitching had 1 post, so they obviously registered just to bitch...but hey if you're not one of them...welcome to the forums!:D Sorry about the misunderstanding!

sometimes, your analysis are great, i like your posts, observations. but then at other times, you come out with bullshit like this...
honestly...how can you ever assume that of morrissey, after such a long career of being true to all of us. he could have gone down that commercial, deceiving of the audience, "backstage cuddle pass for fanclub members", christmas album path A LONG time ago if he wanted to. how much longer must he stick around to prove himself as a true individual in the world of music?!?!?!?!?!!
no matter what the speculations are, i know for a fact that morrissey would NEVER leave a theatre full of people in order to cash in more at some other place. honestly. when has he done that? why speculate now? grrrrr!!!!!!

if you say so. i love the guy but also realize he is human. you know he poops...right?

Back
Top Bottom