Boston Cancelled

I really dont get when people talk about the loyalty an artist has to his/her fans. What has Morrissey ever done for you besides do what he's done for me- make some great music. I dont have a personal relationship with Morrissey so therefore I dont feel any particular loyalty to him (or any other famous musician for that matter) outside of buying his music and a ticket to see him live.

Morrissey fans are even worse than Oasis fans when it comes to blind worship. Like anyone, Moz is prone to mood swings and not wanting to do something if his heart's not in it. His status can afford him the luxury of getting away with it. I think its very possible Moz didnt want to perform tonight, throw in the fact that he wasnt pleased with his voice and he probably did what a lot of people would do- say "f*** it- I'm off".

No No, don't take that the wrong way. I was just saying everyone that was bitching had 1 post, so they obviously registered just to bitch...but hey if you're not one of them...welcome to the forums!:D Sorry about the misunderstanding!

Heehe thanks hun:) I would only have one bitch of the night and it had nothing to do with him..:)

I really dont get when people talk about the loyalty an artist has to his/her fans. What has Morrissey ever done for you besides do what he's done for me- make some great music. I dont have a personal relationship with Morrissey so therefore I dont feel any particular loyalty to him (or any other famous musician for that matter) outside of buying his music and a ticket to see him live.

Morrissey fans are even worse than Oasis fans when it comes to blind worship. Like anyone, Moz is prone to mood swings and not wanting to do something if his heart's not in it. His status can afford him the luxury of getting away with it. I think its very possible Moz didnt want to perform tonight, throw in the fact that he wasnt pleased with his voice and he probably did what a lot of people would do- say "f*** it- I'm off".

read/listen to some interviews. Hear what he says about his fans, about how the crowd affects him in concert. There has been a constant give/take between him and his fans since his early career, in a way that is not typical among other artists

obviously you know nothing about him. and that would be fine, if you didn't come on here pretending you hold the truth and insight for all of us "blind" morrissey followers. pa-thetic!

no! Mozzy's different! i hate so sound like some psycho super fan, but he's not like anyone else. I dont mean to put him on a pedestal, but he's done more for most of us then just "make some great music." :rolleyes: the Beatles made some great music. Morrissey has done far more....

read/listen to some interviews. Hear what he says about his fans, about how the crowd affects him in concert. There has been a constant give/take between him and his fans since his early career, in a way that is not typical among other artists

yeah, precisely. see, you've done your homework :D

did you see the photos of him in new york yesterday leaving letterman? My first question was "why is he wearing that giant coat? its so hot today." So I am not surprised.

I am not going to roll over and kiss Moz good morning and bring him a cup of tea and I don't treat him that way.

I just think whiners in general are annoying and when they go on forums so they can go whine to hundreds of people I feel I can use my freedom of speech to share how I feel... annoyed and tired of hearing them bitch!

agreed :)

Moz is far from the only artist to talk about his fans that way. In fact, loads of artists, whether genuine or not, say the very same thing. Unless anyone here has an personal and intimate relationship with Morrissey outside of cheering at his concerts and buying his records- I think its a bit exaggerated to talk about him like hes a Messiah and he's done so much for all us regular folks.

Moz is far from the only artist to talk about his fans that way. In fact, loads of artists, whether genuine or not, say the very same thing. Unless anyone here has an personal and intimate relationship with Morrissey outside of cheering at his concerts and buying his records- I think its a bit exaggerated to talk about him like hes a Messiah and he's done so much for all us regular folks.

nobody is talking about Moz being a Messiah... except the people here who seem to think he is so godly that he does not get sick :p

i only hear people talking about being annoyed with BITCHERS! nothing about any Messiah... but you flip it around to that - attacking in order to defend that fact that you are being a brat.

obviously you know nothing about him. and that would be fine, if you didn't come on here pretending you hold the truth and insight for all of us "blind" morrissey followers. pa-thetic!

And what do you know about him? Have you ever been friends with Morrissey, hung out with him, dated him, even had a one-time lengthy discussion with the guy? No. At the very most you probably got an autograph and maybe had a few brief words with the man if that. So quit your "you just dont know him" BS and get off your high horse. YOU DONT KNOW HIM EITHER- you listen to his records, buy his posters and attend his concerts. It doesnt mean you know a single thing about him besides what he might say in an interview or some random facts you might dig up on the Internet or from a book.

And what do you know about him? Have you ever been friends with Morrissey, hung out with him, dated him, even had a one-time lengthy discussion with the guy? No. At the very most you probably got an autograph and maybe had a few brief words with the man if that. So quit your "you just dont know him" BS and get off your high horse. YOU DONT KNOW HIM EITHER- you listen to his records, buy his posters and attend his concerts. It doesnt mean you know a single thing about him besides what he might say in an interview or some random facts you might dig up on the Internet or from a book.

i know that he is human and all humans get sick.

ok, yeah, so i've never kissed him. We've never done tea. Have you made your point?

Obviously there is something that is happening between this man and his fans. How many artists pushing 50 and in their third decade of music do you see grown men risking getting pummelled by some roided out violence-deprived security dude just to quickly hug or even touch him?

jesus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom