Boston Cancelled

May I suggest that anyone is going to bitch and complain..they save those posts for the front page...

Seriously...Morrissey is human..and to think he owes you anything is just utter crap...

So please...No more negativity...

Be thankful, that there will be a make up show (Hopefully)

oh god am i happy i didn't travel to boston for this one. i almost convinced my parents to give me some money for it.

:D blessed.
its the good karma you are earning for not bitching at Moz's expense (about being in Canada) :)

May I suggest that anyone is going to bitch and complain..they save those posts for the front page...

Seriously...Morrissey is human..and to think he owes you anything is just utter crap...

:) Amen.

I read the setlist that he played tonight... that is quite a bit... and sounds like a great setlist. Folks are saying he was great until it finished. For those who live locally, if indeed there is another show (not so sure there is with all that booing :/ huh) but it sounds like a great bit of show! plus you get another one???

For those who traveled its a drag but people get sick!

I find it so funny that people would bitch about a full half hour!!!! When I saw Moz at limelight he played 20 minutes... no reschedule, no refund... and still I remember it as being the best show I have been to.

For those out of towners... it could have been worse and hats off to the non bitchers because thats some tough luck... but for the locals to bitch is so childish and just plain dumb.

:D blessed.
its the good karma you are earning for not bitching at Moz's expense (about being in Canada) :)

yeahh!!! indeed! :D i don't like it when people bitch about him and Canada over here....it's annoying and I completely fully respect his decision. if one is a great enough admirer, they'll throw in a couple of more bucks, make a bit more effort to see the man they adore.

i am truly happy about missing boston right now....oh my! it would have been such a waste if i did go! were you there????

I second, or third, or whatever this! Every show I've been to I've considered the possibility that something might happen and it might be cancelled 3 hours into my drive/flight to get there, or it might end early or something. I know this b/c Morrissey has 10,000 things going on in his life on any given day that have absolutely nothing to do with me. If it all works out that none of those 10,000 things conspire to cause a problem on a day when I'm seeing him, then I'm happy.

Note to self: do not go near the front page for a while.

in all fairness i think most of the booing was at the outset, before we were informed of a makeup. At first it was basically "Morrissey's voice is lost. Good night".

And to be honest, yeah, you can say he doesn't owe anybody anything, but I [tho I did not boo] did feel pretty lost at first. My fiancee said i looked like i was going to cry. We have little money, I'm a grad student, and I had to really save to pay the $130 for two tickets for her birthday. When we are dishing out hundreds of dollars, yes I think we are owed something.

But no worries, because he is honoring his end of the bargain, and we are told it will be made up. Anyone who complains about that is being silly and unrealistic.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about the Philly through Baltimore shows that I'm attending. I was at the infamous Chicago Riviera show in 1997 that got cut short.

awwww...positive thoughts help!!!!!! just think positively and gather your emotions! always works for me!

yeahh!!! indeed! :D i don't like it when people bitch about him and Canada over here....it's annoying and I completely fully respect his decision. if one is a great enough admirer, they'll throw in a couple of more bucks, make a bit more effort to see the man they adore.

i am truly happy about missing boston right now....oh my! it would have been such a waste if i did go! were you there????

:) yes i have noticed you are not a bitcher... i notice such things. :D
No, I was not there... I plan to go to Northampton tomorrow, MSG on Sat and Borgata is next week. I have tix for those... I have to work (photograph a wedding) on the date of the pnc show. I really hope he is feeling better come morning.

in all fairness i think most of the booing was at the outset, before we were informed of a makeup. At first it was basically "Morrissey's voice is lost. Good night".

And to be honest, yeah, you can say he doesn't owe anybody anything, but [tho I did not boo] did feel pretty lost at first. My fiancee said i looked like i was going to cry. We have little money, I'm a grad student, and I had to really save to pay the $130 for two tickets for her birthday. When we are dishing out hundreds of dollar, yes I think we are owed something.

But no worries, because he is honoring his end of the bargain, and we are told it will be made up. Anyone who complains about that is being silly and unrealistic.

it's easy for all of us here who didn't spend money on it to say 'oh yeah, come on, you're not owed anything!" because i am sure i would be very angry and sad if something like that happened to me- not at morrissey, but at the circumstance.

he is an amazing man and knows how much people in the audience love him and he has shown that he loves us back through years of dedication and understanding. if anything, it will all fall back on the fact that morrissey is a professional, and wants to do his best, give his best, to the audience. so don't worry. you'll get your hour and a half, amazing, breathtaking, unique (words can't describe really) with the man...and it will all be worth it!!!!!

It's easier to have positive thoughts when you just saw him in Pasadena a few months ago.

*** St Louis

Pasadena was a while ago. February, I think.

I wasn't being sarcastic about positive thoughts, although now reading back I can see how it could be interpreted as patronizing etc etc. i am serious! the power of positive thoughts can't beat anything else in the world.

are you reading "the law of attraction" or "the secret?"

sounds like....

i actually watched the secret back when it was all 'banned' and rare and stuff ( a friend of my parents' in australia is heavily into self-healing and that crap). but in general, positive thoughts have helped me achieve a lot of things in my life.
the secret (not wanting to go off topic here or anythinG!!!) is a very american, quick fix, 'dont have to get your ass off the couch, just think pretty things' thing...it's a very watered down version of what positive thinking combined with action can do!!!!

i actually watched the secret back when it was all 'banned' and rare and stuff ( a friend of my parents' in australia is heavily into self-healing and that crap). but in general, positive thoughts have helped me achieve a lot of things in my life.
the secret (not wanting to go off topic here or anythinG!!!) is a very american, quick fix, 'dont have to get your ass off the couch, just think pretty things' thing...it's a very watered down version of what positive thinking combined with action can do!!!!

that is what the writers of "the law of attraction" say... I never read "the secret" but I did read "the law of attraction"

i suppose one would say i am into all that crap too... i did wander off to india with 1500 bucks and a backpack when i was 19 and stayed for over 5 years...

but I suppose we should stick to boston.

I am going to try and visualize perfect health within myself and try to radiate that all the way to Mozzas hotel in Boston.

we should all join in i suppose.

i was very disappointed with morrisey and the way he handled the situation tonight. his voice was weak but he definately had not 'lost' it at all, he was singing fine just before. lost implies you cant speak.

plus, he could have at least had the decency to come out the crowd and tell them himself. it was very poorly handled overall. a huge disappointmet

Would you come out and tell everyone you were through, especially if you didn't feel good (Morrissey gets sick too you know! He's not super human!) and especially if you knew you were probably going to get booed? I think he deserves a little respect from you, the man is on a marathon tour for heavens sake, GIVE HIM A BREAK he is 48 years old. Plus it's going to be rescheduled, not the end of the world!

Did you become a member just so you could post that? Save your whining...and learn how to spell DISAPPOINTMENT

How about learn how to spell the most important word in his little rant....MORRISSEY! Not Morrisey!

I am going to be beyond pissed off if this leads to the cancellation of MSG.

I hope it's not a ploy to postpone MSG due to shabby ticket sales and reschedule in a smaller venue.

I realize this is the work of an over active imagination.

Honestly, I dont think his voice sounded bad at all; in fact he sounded fine. I guess thats the problem me and my friends had- we shelled about $55 apiece and it felt like Moz pulled an Axl Rose. We didnt even think his earlier comment about his voice cracking had any serious implications because he sounded great. I just feel like he could have soldiered on and he did the rock star thing of deciding if he didnt feel like doing the gig, he could walk off and nothing would happen. It didnt help that he left his band onstage for minutes after he stormed off and they looked clueless. It would have been the right thing to address his fans personally and said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry- I really cant do it tonight".

Morrissey's music has always meant a lot to me but no matter how much I love an artist, I wont defend them as if its my religion as some devout fans do. I think its kind of ridiculous to defend a musician or actor beyond a normal degree when you dont even know the person outside of their work.

BTW- the show probably wont be rescheduled. That venue only hosts shows for a couple of months during the summer. I've also dealt with that venue before as far as canceled gigs go and they basically lie for as long as possible about rescheduling to postpone the inevitable demands for refunds. Luckily for them most people are foolish and complacent so they can keep them at bay until they forget or wont bother arguing anymore that they didnt get what they paid for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom