Boston Cancelled

pierce

about 30 minutes in, due to "David Letterman throat". As annoying as this is, it sounds like our tickets will be good to the make-up show, and he was not even attempting to hit the high notes. He pulled it off in "last of the f.i.playboys", but by the end the cracking was very noticeable.

Last edited:
about 30 minutes in, due to "David Letterman throat". As annoying as this is, it sounds like our tickets will be good to the make-up show, and he was not even attempting to hit the high notes. He pulled it off in "last of the f.i.playboys", but by the end it was very noticeable.

no wonder he was wearing that coat yesterday!!!! :eek: PLEASE DON'T LET THIS MEAN NORTHAMPTON IS CANCELED!

that would be my second moz show cancel and not only that... i am driving 3.5 hours each way! I wonder what time we will know if NH is on or off!

it made for interesting banter though: "when I sing, I crack. Emotionally, vocally...."

i hope he rests up. A few people were booing, but I think most of us realize that this is his profession and he has to play smart. I'm satisfied that it will be made up to us later

it made for interesting banter though: "when I sing, I crack. Emotionally, vocally...."

i hope he rests up. A few people were booing, but I think most of us realize that this is his profession and he has to play smart. I'm satisfied that it will be made up to us later

oooooh thanks for the banter bit!

Even when Carnagie Hall was totally called off with no make up date... I couldn't be upset with him personally. How can you boo him for being physically ill? just seems nasty.

thanks for that bit again... love it!

oooooh thanks for the banter bit!

Even when Carnagie Hall was totally called off with no make up date... I couldn't be upset with him personally. How can you boo him for being physically ill? just seems nasty.

thanks for that bit again... love it!

The people who booed should not be given a raincheck...

wow what idiots booed? i would have fought them. yeah! yeah!!!!!! physical violence is my style...

poor mozzizzey, i hope he's ok.

Seriously!

Hope he goes straight to bed and stays there for a day or 2. :( When's the next one? Friday?

TOMORROW!!!! gosh i was going to start driving at noon

:/ i think i might be better off waiting as long as possible and arriving a bit later... aim to get there around 6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4 - just so i can get news.

TOMORROW!!!! gosh i was going to start driving at noon

:/ i think i might be better off waiting as long as possible and arriving a bit later... aim to get there around 6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4 - just so i can get news.

Oh crap! I thought the next one was Philly for some reason. :(

I hope he doesn't feel too bad tonight. He needs to take Nyquil and get in bed. We're thinking of you over here Moz. :o

gosh...
any ideas about how to find out? I guess call the venue tomorrow before I leave? is moz on?

you think they would leave it to hours before the show?

:/

gosh. I don't even want Moz to play if he is not up to it, but I would like to know either way. I hear this place is tiny and I was so looking forward to it. But its not the end of the world if he postpones. Its just... I would rather not drive all day and night without getting to see Moz you know?

gosh...
any ideas about how to find out? I guess call the venue tomorrow before I leave? is moz on?

you think they would leave it to hours before the show?

:/

gosh. I don't even want Moz to play if he is not up to it, but I would like to know either way. I hear this place is tiny and I was so looking forward to it. But its not the end of the world if he postpones. Its just... I would rather not drive all day and night without getting to see Moz you know?

I would think calling the venue before you leave would be a good idea. Check TTY also maybe? I bet if he knows in the morning he's not up to it there will be an announcement on there.

Just got back to my hotel from Bank of America Pavillions. Heartbreaking - Morrissey looked great and the gig was going well (I was near the front and the atmosphere was excellent). The chat about Letterman and the warning that his voice may break I took lightly.

The Queen is Dead was a stunning opener (I'd waited so long to hear this again) and was thrilled to hear Playboys - gutted to see him leave.

Sadly, when the guy came on to tell us the gig was stopping - the whole thing was poorly handled - the band couldn't get off fast enough - the look on Jesse's face.

Ah well, 'That's Life" I've done what I came here for and I've finally seen Moz in the states - luckily I have the rest of my holiday. Although the likelihood of returning if there is a rematch is v.slim for me.

i was very disappointed with morrisey and the way he handled the situation tonight. his voice was weak but he definately had not 'lost' it at all, he was singing fine just before. lost implies you cant speak.

plus, he could have at least had the decency to come out the crowd and tell them himself. it was very poorly handled overall. a huge disappointmet

I would think calling the venue before you leave would be a good idea. Check TTY also maybe? I bet if he knows in the morning he's not up to it there will be an announcement on there.

Yes yes... i just wrote to TTY asking for any news as early as possible... thanks!

i was very disappointed with morrisey and the way he handled the situation tonight. his voice was weak but he definately had not 'lost' it at all, he was singing fine just before. lost implies you cant speak.

plus, he could have at least had the decency to come out the crowd and tell them himself. it was very poorly handled overall. a huge disappointmet

Did you become a member just so you could post that? Save your whining...and learn how to spell DISAPPOINTMENT

Just got back to my hotel from Bank of America Pavillions. Heartbreaking - Morrissey looked great and the gig was going well (I was near the front and the atmosphere was excellent). The chat about Letterman and the warning that his voice may break I took lightly.

The Queen is Dead was a stunning opener (I'd waited so long to hear this again) and was thrilled to hear Playboys - gutted to see him leave.

Sadly, when the guy came on to tell us the gig was stopping - the whole thing was poorly handled - the band couldn't get off fast enough - the look on Jesse's face.

Ah well, 'That's Life" I've done what I came here for and I've finally seen Moz in the states - luckily I have the rest of my holiday. Although the likelihood of returning if there is a rematch is v.slim for me.

good sport! thanks for the recap too!

i disagree. his voice was pretty full through the first 3 or 4 songs, he witheld on the high notes, letting the crowd handle it. by the last two songs he was having to skip half of more than a few chorus lines, and his voice was cracking on almost every note higher than a murmur.

He can't push through valiantly on one show and risk the next 5. We are fortunate that we are getting a re-do, and while its disappointing that we aren't still there right now, it will be worth it to those who can make it because his voice will be stronger. I know that's what I was there for.

Ditto what Suparni said. Good sport! And I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful. :)

oh god am i happy i didn't travel to boston for this one. i almost convinced my parents to give me some money for it.

Back
Top Bottom