Boston Cancelled

I am going to be beyond pissed off if this leads to the cancellation of MSG.

I hope it's not a ploy to postpone MSG due to shabby ticket sales and reschedule in a smaller venue.

I realize this is the work of an over active imagination.

no, no, being paranoid is a perfectly healthy state of mind.

what's next, wrapping yourself in tinfoil rocking back and forth muttering "they're trying to read my mind! they're trying to read my mind!"

I am going to be beyond pissed off if this leads to the cancellation of MSG.

I hope it's not a ploy to postpone MSG due to shabby ticket sales and reschedule in a smaller venue.

I realize this is the work of an over active imagination.

Yes, I think you may be over thinking it just a little. Take a few deep breaths, there is no way he will cancel MSG! NO WAY! *knocks on wood* He probably just doesn't feel good, It happens, yes yes, even to Moz.

no, no, being paranoid is a perfectly healthy state of mind.

what's next, wrapping yourself in tinfoil rocking back and forth muttering "they're trying to read my mind! they're trying to read my mind!"

LMAO! Please tell me what movie that is from!?

Honestly, I dont think his voice sounded bad at all; in fact he sounded fine. I guess thats the problem me and my friends had- we shelled about $55 apiece and it felt like Moz pulled an Axl Rose. We didnt even think his earlier comment about his voice cracking had any serious implications because he sounded great. I just feel like he could have soldiered on and he did the rock star thing of deciding if he didnt feel like doing the gig, he could walk off and nothing would happen. It didnt help that he left his band onstage for minutes after he stormed off and they looked clueless. It would have been the right thing to address his fans personally and said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry- I really cant do it tonight".

Morrissey's music has always meant a lot to me but no matter how much I love an artist, I wont defend them as if its my religion as some devout fans do. I think its kind of ridiculous to defend a musician or actor beyond a normal degree when you dont even know the person outside of their work.

there is no different "person outside of work" with morrissey, he is one of the few genuine artists out there that has been kicked and pushed around by the fabricated music industry because of his honesty and devotion to music. that is him, on stage, off stage. i have no doubt in my mind. what he writes is who he is, otherwise he would have 'sold out' years ago.

all i can say is, there must be a good reason why he didn't come out to say it. don't you people ever think he might have been embarrassed or just really ill? maybe he ran off stage and puked his guts out. or maybe he just felt really really bad. being on stage is his life, and being unable to share his gift probably felt like a life-ending handicap to him. hell, read the new true to you question and answer- he says it himself, there's not much life for him outside of being on stage. that's what true devotion is.

and yeah, he must have sounded "fine". morrissey at his worst is what most "musicians" sound like at their best these days.

Honestly, I dont think his voice sounded bad at all; in fact he sounded fine. I guess thats the problem me and my friends had- we shelled about $55 apiece and it felt like Moz pulled an Axl Rose. We didnt even think his earlier comment about his voice cracking had any serious implications because he sounded great. I just feel like he could have soldiered on and he did the rock star thing of deciding if he didnt feel like doing the gig, he could walk off and nothing would happen. It didnt help that he left his band onstage for minutes after he stormed off and they looked clueless. It would have been the right thing to address his fans personally and said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry- I really cant do it tonight".

Morrissey's music has always meant a lot to me but no matter how much I love an artist, I wont defend them as if its my religion as some devout fans do. I think its kind of ridiculous to defend a musician or actor beyond a normal degree when you dont even know the person outside of their work.

BTW- the show probably wont be rescheduled. That venue only hosts shows for a couple of months during the summer. I've also dealt with that venue before as far as canceled gigs go and they basically lie for as long as possible about rescheduling to postpone the inevitable demands for refunds. Luckily for them most people are foolish and complacent so they can keep them at bay until they forget or wont bother arguing anymore that they didnt get what they paid for.

Save it for the front page buddy! I will say it again...PEOPLE GET SICK...HE'S NOT 25 ANYMORE....BLAH BLAH BLAH....GET OVER IT!

there is no different "person outside of work" with morrissey, he is one of the few genuine artists out there that has been kicked and pushed around by the fabricated music industry because of his honesty and devotion to music. that is him, on stage, off stage. i have no doubt in my mind. what he writes is who he is, otherwise he would have 'sold out' years ago.

all i can say is, there must be a good reason why he didn't come out to say it. don't you people ever think he might have been embarrassed or just really ill? maybe he ran off stage and puked his guts out. or maybe he just felt really really bad. being on stage is his life, and being unable to share his gift probably felt like a life-ending handicap to him. hell, read the new true to you question and answer- he says it himself, there's not much life for him outside of being on stage. that's what true devotion is.

and yeah, he must have sounded "fine". morrissey at his worst is what most "musicians" sound like at their best these days.

Wow..AMEN!

I think it would be very emotional to get to the show and have this happen. I'm not mad at the people that are upset. Instead of fighting with someone that might have spent their rent money to go to the show, just remember that they are upset, and try to keep it positive. It's great that a make-up show was promised and that people got to see him tonight for a while. Let's hope he will receive those positive vibes he is being sent.

About leaving without saying goodbye, it's hard to say. It would be a professional thing to do, but as was recently pointed out here by one of our well respected posters, if Morrissey was a "professional" he would be all that implies, and he wouldn't be the person that many of us are slightly obsessed with.

Sorry for those of you that were disappointed tonight and hoping you are all able to attend another show, make up or otherwise, very soon.

How about learn how to spell the most important word in his little rant....MORRISSEY! Not Morrisey!

Aha...you have better eyes than I do :)

BTW- the show probably wont be rescheduled. That venue only hosts shows for a couple of months during the summer. I've also dealt with that venue before as far as canceled gigs go and they basically lie for as long as possible about rescheduling to postpone the inevitable demands for refunds. Luckily for them most people are foolish and complacent so they can keep them at bay until they forget or wont bother arguing anymore that they didnt get what they paid for.

Soldiered on??? Well... perhaps you do not realize that there are shows beyond your little world. You act as if Morrissey is an IPOD! and you freak out if you don't get what you paid for NOW!
He's not an Ipod and you and your friends can all chip in together for the gas money and make it to the next show when its rescheduled... and the extra half hour is not a bad bonus!
Of course he is defended. Some people here realize he is a human being - not a defective disc you bought at hmv. you can't go back to the counter in a big huff this time and give the poor employee a lecture to which he cannot respond for fear of being fired!
We are not hmv... and Moz is not a disc. He is human, and human beings fall ill sometimes.
grow up and deal with it.

soldier on???? look at the shows he has coming up... good idea! Why don't you apply for a job as his manager?
June 26 BOSTON, MA : Bank of America Pavilion
June 27 NORTHAMPTON, MA : Pines Theater
June 29 PHILADELPHIA, PA : Mann Center
June 30 NEW YORK, NY : MSG
July 2 VIENNA, VA : Wolf Trap
July 3 BALTIMORE, MD : Rams Head
July 5 ATLANTIC CITY, NJ : Borgata
July 6 HOLMDEL, NJ : PNC Bank Arts Center
July 9 NORFOLK, VA : The Norva
July 10 KNOXVILLE, TN : Tennessee Theatre
July 12 CLEARWATER, FL : Ruth Eckerd Hall
July 14 BOCA RATON, FL : Mizner Park Amphitheater
July 15 ORLANDO, FL : Hard Rock Live
July 17 JACKSONVILLE, FL : Morocco Shrine Auditorium
July 19 BIRMINGHAM, AL : Alabama Theatre
July 20 ATLANTA, GA : Chastain Park
July 21 MYRTLE BEACH, SC : House of Blues

no movie! just my mind's landscapes! although, i was inspired by a scene in the simpsons when bart is on some kind of ADD medication and goes insane.

I swear it's from some movie...OH OH I got it, Signs! They wrap tin foil on their heads so the aliens can't read their minds (that was going to kill me all night)! You have quite the imagination Pandora!

This was my first Moz show ever and I've got to admit that I'm pretty disappointed, not at Morrissey per say but certainly at the way it was handled. I am hoping beyond all hope that this will get rescheduled as I've waited years to see one of my musical idols. The first six songs were great, cracking voice or not.

I can understand people being upset, it seems almost amateurish how it was handled. I appreciate that Morrissey probably felt sick but I honestly believe that if he had come back on or at least had Boz say that the show couldn't continue, it would have been easier to take. As it was, the guy who came on seemed like he was a worker at the venue and I think the crowd was booing him more than anything else. Its not like people dont understand that musicians can get sick but that doesn't make it any easier to take, so stop implying that the people who are disappointed are in the wrong. You would be too.

I'm looking forward to the make up date (maybe end of July?) so I can experience Moz in all of his healthy, full set length glory!

I swear it's from some movie...OH OH I got it, Signs! They wrap tin foil on their heads so the aliens can't read their minds (that was going to kill me all night)! You have quite the imagination Pandora!

yeaaah!!! i remember that now! oh god, am i plagarizing without knowing it!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! that's even worse than consciously doing it!

Aha...you have better eyes than I do :)

It's all good, in all fairness I didn't catch the DISAPPOINTMENT error. Maybe you are just in shock from all the bitching going on!?:D

It's all good, in all fairness I didn't catch the DISAPPOINTMENT error. Maybe you are just in shock from all the bitching going on!?:D

No, I'm annoyed...I mean really...Registering an account on the forum just to complain....that's just disappointing and stupid

yeaaah!!! i remember that now! oh god, am i plagarizing without knowing it!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! that's even worse than consciously doing it!

No your not plagiarizing, I really believe it was all your imagination!:D Besides you said "wrap tinfoil around your whole body" they just wrap it on their heads, Oh and there was no sitting in the corner and rocking back and forth...At least I don't think?

kobe- you have to realize these are Morrissey fans. I am one too but I knew by making any sort of criticism whatsoever that I was throwing myself to the wolves. The situation was handled poorly- end of.

I also dont think the show will be rescheduled. I've dealt with this venue before and they generally waste lots of time claiming a show will be rescheduled, a few weeks or so will go by with no updates and suddenly they'll announce they couldnt work anything out and begrudgingly pay back the folks who agitate them enough about the refund. I had to call these people like a haunt until they refunded me after canceling a supposedly "postponed" show in 2005.

If you tell people to quit their whining than clearly you're someone whose mommy and daddy will give you $55 for a concert ticket. It's a lot of money for regular working people. Morrissey lives pretty well- I'm sorry I cant pity him more and instead have sympathies with the audience members who are mostly of lower income brackets than Moz.

No, I'm annoyed...I mean really...Registering an account on the forum just to complain....that's just disappointing and stupid

Agreed.....all the people on here bitching have 1 post to their names! I mean it's bad enough they do it on the front page, but now they are invading our space! I love your use of the word disappointing by the way, and even better it's spelled right!:D

whomever said his voice was "fine" must have been in the bathroom for the last two songs. I don't know how anyone who has ever heard him before could not notice the voice cracking, not to mention him skipping many lines.

By tomorrow Youtube will vindicate me!!!

Back
Top Bottom