Average age of Moz gig-goers

Re: age at moz gigs

Usually find that I have more passion for the Moz than what these people you mention do, and I'm 19.

Aye, but when it comes to the moshpit, it's the oldies who have the edge - years of gigging experience.

I'm <cough> well past 40, and have been gigging since 1977 (I think ... hard to remember that far back). Learned all the tricks at gigs from the likes of The Damned, Siouxsie, The Cure, The Cult, SoD, The Cramps etc.

First Smiths gig was 1985. They walked off after 4 songs (someone threw a beer: Moz threw a huff!) It took me a long time to work up any respect for them again after that, but I did.

Brixton in May will be my first Moz gig.

I'm 19 and was just wondering what the average age of the atendees will be roughly. I don't really mind either way, just curious. I know a few fellow Moz fans of similar age, but haven't encountered any older, but would imagine the vast majority are considerably older, from The Smiths era etc.

Thoughts...

I'm 19 too.

Only got into Moz about a year and a half ago.

I'm going to the Manchester Birthday show on the 22nd and I'm absolutely ecstatic.

Aye, but when it comes to the moshpit, it's the oldies who have the edge - years of gigging experience.

Come on man.

I'm into Metal, with Moz and The Smiths being pretty much the only anomaly.

I've NEVER seen anyone over the age of 25 in a "moshpit".

I'm 17 and am hopefully attending the Apollo gig on the 23rd, but saw Moz back when I was 14 at the GMEX in 2006 and found that whilst I got a few funny looks it generally went well and even made friends with a nice bunch of ladies between the ages of 30 and 50 and had a nice natter before hand - a few hefty, older blokes did try and give me a little hassle though and try and force their way to the front when I'd been waiting 6 hours to get there, but fortunately one of the women I made friends with stepped in - which I will always be grateful for as I thought I was going to get a beating or two!

I'm 23 now, saw Moz firstly when I was 16 ... believe it or not I was on my way to see him with my Dad when I was 6 in 1991 when he canceled the show, I was gutted even back then :(

Come on man.

I'm into Metal, with Moz and The Smiths being pretty much the only anomaly.

I've NEVER seen anyone over the age of 25 in a "moshpit".

Good point. I've seen Moz a few times & compared with Burn Down Rome (anyone?), Gallows & Slayer. It's pretty tame.

Usually find that I have more passion for the Moz than what these people you mention do, and I'm 19.

Yeah, I had to laugh in Omagh when some of these same people listened to 'I Keep Mine Hidden' with blank, vaguely confused faces while I sang along. :p

I'm 23 now, saw Moz firstly when I was 16 ... believe it or not I was on my way to see him with my Dad when I was 6 in 1991 when he canceled the show, I was gutted even back then :(

Aww.

The one and only time I've seen him, I was the youngest person around and the only one who knew the words to anything other than How Soon Is Now? yet I kept getting scowled at (and it's not because my singing voice is that offensive :blushing:).

I actually have a story which says something about this issue.

Last year at Hyde Park I over-heard some 40+ guys behind me speaking about how I couldn't relate to Morrissey's lyrics due to my age, or something along those lines. I let it pass, why argue.

Later when he played 'Life Is A Pigsty' I then heard them saying (more shouting) "Oh this is a long one, I'd skip it on the album". Need I say more?

I'm 36 and I've only seen Moz 3 times :(

Berlin on June 12 will make it 4!!! or Fir as the Germans say :D

I was too young for the Smiths and got into them after they split, not that I knew of their existence while they were around mind you but Eighty Hate was my induction.

Last edited:
i like the mix of ages at moz gigs. however, yes some 'older' folks try and act like anyone younger than them do not belong there... lame.

I'm 22 just like the rims on my car. I saw Morrissey for the first time in 2002 when I was 15.
Since then, I've seen the ole' boy 50 times . After these upcoming England gigs it'll be 61 :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Thank goodness that I met my girlfriend at a Morrissey concert. If not, my ole' lady would of been curtains

I saw Mozzy for the first time a few months ago. I am 15. I saw quite a few other teenagers there.

Me i'm 39, 40 this year and have been into Moz since 89ish. I dont think age matters we are all united by the brilliance of Stephen Patrick. See you in Hull :)

also 39,40 this year,i actually couldnt tell you how many times i've seen Moz.only saw the Smiths twice,once in 1984 in waterford,and in 1985 in the national stadium in Dublin,still have my tkt stubb from the Waterford gig

Tags
methuselan older than the hills
Back
Top Bottom