Average age of Moz gig-goers

jm26

Brixton in May will be my first Moz gig.

I'm 19 and was just wondering what the average age of the atendees will be roughly. I don't really mind either way, just curious. I know a few fellow Moz fans of similar age, but haven't encountered any older, but would imagine the vast majority are considerably older, from The Smiths era etc.

Thoughts...

Majority of the audience these days are thirties and forties. Still see quite a few teenagers and even people in their sixties, but I'd say the average age is about 40. No age range has any worries of feeling left out, which is good.

It depends where you go...like what city. In L.A. the audience is really young. 20s or so. In NYC a little older. 30s/40s.

It depends where you go...like what city. In L.A. the audience is really young. 20s or so. In NYC a little older. 30s/40s.

Yes I imagine that would be true. Morrissey's fan base grew in different countries at different times. I am observing the UK only, where the audience now seems to be notably people who were students during the Smiths days, and are now therefore in their 30's/40's. His U.S. solo explosion in the 90's presumably carries a younger audience, and his residence in L.A. attracted a teenage hype during the past decade etc. The questioner is UK based so my initial answer is relevant in that respect. I find it interesting that he seems to attract such a small youth audience in the UK. Perhaps he just seems too old to 16-year-olds?

Yes I imagine that would be true. Morrissey's fan base grew in different countries at different times. I am observing the UK only, where the audience now seems to be notably people who were students during the Smiths days, and are now therefore in their 30's/40's. His U.S. solo explosion in the 90's presumably carries a younger audience, and his residence in L.A. attracted a teenage hype during the past decade etc. The questioner is UK based so my initial answer is relevant in that respect. I find it interesting that he seems to attract such a small youth audience in the UK. Perhaps he just seems too old to 16-year-olds?

I don't live in the UK but Sweden is pretty much the same. I am 16 and have never thought that Morrissey is to old, of course it would be much nicer to be born like 1965 or something. But I mean I wouldn't have much of a chance back in the eighties either. And if you think about it, I never had to endure the years 98-03;) I didn't have to mourn the Smiths break up, and so on so forth. You get my point.

I'm one of the 'oldies' ;)
(mid to late thirties, not offering any more info than that! ha!)
Morrissey does attract a new crowd every year, and especially so in the UK...because someone, somewhere discovers the Smiths in their teen years, influenced by their elders, relatives, mates, hearing them on the radio or whatever. It's still pretty timeless stuff IMO!

I don't see why it should be any different anywhere else though.

I'm 18 and discovered The Smiths (and subsequently Morrissey) through my Dad back in 2006. Since then I've seen him twice (Earl's Court '06, Roundhouse '08) and will be lucky enough to see him three times in May next year! :D

Am 19 now an av been a fan since a was 15 a think when a first saw him at the leeds festival that night opened me eyes to a more mature musical preference before that as was a partical twat in regards to musical taste

I'm 19 and was just wondering what the average age of the atendees will be roughly. I don't really mind either way, just curious. I know a few fellow Moz fans of similar age, but haven't encountered any older, but would imagine the vast majority are considerably older, from The Smiths era etc.

Thoughts...

lets just say that youd be rather sprightly compraed to the rest of the crowd .

Thoughts...

The first time i saw Morrissey i was 13. Being young means that you can push the old folks out of the way or in my experience lots of gentleman let you go in front of them:).

I am 18; I have been 7 times. Every time I have been it has mainly seemed to be mid 30s upwards...I have definately looked the youngest at two or three. However, I have seen some younger members.

I would guesstimate it to be 36.785242919

Love PTxx.

I am 18; I have been 7 times. Every time I have been it has mainly seemed to be mid 30s upwards...I have definately looked the youngest at two or three. However, I have seen some younger members.

I would guesstimate it to be 36.785242919

Love PTxx.

Great guesstimate. While we're being mathematical, Pi=3.14159265358979323846. Could come in handy if you're seated in the circle.:rolleyes:

Tags
methuselan older than the hills
Back
Top Bottom