All Alone

saw76

I am going to see Morrissey in Sheffield tonight but I am all alone. It set me wondering, who else goes to Morrissey concerts on their own?

I am going to see Morrissey in Sheffield tonight but I am all alone. It set me wondering, who else goes to Morrissey concerts on their own?

me, don't worry about it, people in the queue are chatty.

you don't really need someone to hold your hand as all you are doing is sitting down for a bit and then standing for quite a while and it not as if you need to chat to someone during the concert.

Gofor a drink beforehand:thumb:

Well....me.

I bought two tickets for Nijmegen on the 9th of November but my wife cannot come (because of work) and my best mate can't (too busy).

Anybody who wants to join me? :thumb:
I live near Schiphol Airport (Hoofddorp).

In some ways it's an advantage as you only have yourself to look out for. Like another poster said, there are always a few chatty souls in the queue and it's not like you don't have an interest in common to talk about. Off you go and have fun. If it's anything like as good as Leeds last night, you'll be onto a winner either way. :thumb:

I'm not concerned at being alone, in fact I prefer it that way. I was really just wondering whether going to a Morrissey concert is actually a solitary pastime rather than something you would go to in a group. I went in a group when I was younger but I always go on my own now.

I went by myself. All my friends are super-cheap so I go to a lot of stuff by myself.

I've been to a lot of gigs by myself, and always found that people are more than willing to chat...( I even "Copped off" at a Hazel O'connor gig once, but thats another story!!) .
I have been to a few with my ( at the time) partner, and they were a disaster...Always going to the toilet to re-apply make-up 3 minutes before the "Curtain call" etc.... ( WHY???...Its a DARK theatre, and nobody is looking at you anyway!!! d'oh...) and that was just me!!

I find that going to Morrissey gig alone is much better than going in a group of people who don't actually want to be there. It gives you the opportunity to mix with like minded people and chant Morrissey in union :) Salisbury here I come!!

I normally go with a friend but I have been to a couple on my own. It's no big deal going on your own and to be fair you can probably enjoy the music more without the distractions! I'm off to Salisbury on my own next week.

Last night I went to see Morrissey on my own, I was really nervous about it but I ended up having a better time than I would've if I'd gone with friends. You can get to the front without worrying about leaving people behind. From now on, I'm going to all gigs alone.

I've done both and I prefer being alone. Somehow appropriate just you and Moz.

Have a good one...:thumb:

Usually I go with my mate who's a saddoe (sorry, big fan) as well! We've done most of the 20 odd gigs we've been to together but my first Moz experience I went on my own and I've done a couple of others recently alone, and will be doing Salisbury, alone!!

So if anyone wants to meet up in Salisbury prior to the gig I'll be up for a couple of jars... nice little place. Should I post this in the Salisbury rollcall? I expect to be arriving about 4:30ish I think and am staying overnight.

Expect it to be a lot better than my RAH experience as I think its all stanidng and quite small? Leeds sounded like the gig I wanted but never got.

You will soon get talking to people, you will probably find you make some good friends so you won't be alone at any other gigs.

Agreed. I did all of Scandinavia and Russia on my own, getting the ferry over and the train to St Petersburg from Helsinki etc. One of the best trips I have ever done. Even got a handshake and a word with the man himself!

I always go to concerts on my own, none of my friends like the same music as me so either I go on my own or I don't go at all.

I don't mind going on my own, I'm going to the Liverpool gig on 7th on my own and travelling all the way to Liverpool and staying there for a couple of nights on my own. I'm not bothered.

My folks think I'm going with a friend though, I don't think they'd like it if I said I was going on my own. I've been on city breaks on my own loads of times. I don't always need someone to hold my hand.

I prefer going alone ten-fold.

Well, I'm back from the gig in Sheffield and it was truly stunning. I was right down the stage front and the community feeling down there was lovely. I enjoy being on my own but would like to thank everyone down the front at Sheffield. We all just kept looking at each other with slightly dazed expressions on our faces, in rapture.

Hi,

I went to London RAH gig on my own (I am a girl coming from France for that night only)... First time on my own; none of my friends knows/like him.
Great experience. All you are concerned about is whether Moz will come or not and what songs will be sung.... And when will be the next time...!

Me did, and i met the best people everrr!! Such good fun and laughs. Just stand in the que, usually early on, and start up convo. It'll be fine. Honnest :) x

I think gigging alone would be fine as long as you were chatty. I am not. My miserable face just repels people, well it's not forcibly miserable, that's just my normal face-face. Oh well, I'll just get pissed at the gig I'm going to, it won't seem so bad when I'm off my mammaries.

Back
Top Bottom