Alain Whyte and band mini Ireland tour (August 21, 2023)

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

Somebody tell MOZ this is the band he should be fronting instead of that amateur mess he's got going on now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boz even joined them for a song or two!
Buckley is a million times the drummer Cobrin is.

Without a good singer (and Alain isn‘t one for sure) this
band is like a car without wheels.
Neither is Marr, but here we are. My issue is he hasn't got the songs other the Morrissey co-writes. I'm guessing the set list will consist mainly of them and covers.

Feels like Peter Hook's Joy Division tour. Except with Ian still alive. Like, what's the angle? But hey I wish him well.
🏌🏽‍♂️
I saw Peter Hook on his Joy Division tribute tour, and really enjoyed it.
Except that here, it is more like early New Order ( earlier solo stuff) than Joy Division (Smiths).

Last edited:
Stop for a minute and think about it. Moz is doing a "40 Years Of Morrissey" tour with a band of mostly young newbies. (Personally I think he's trying to keep up with Marr and his younger band at this point.) Wouldn't it have been much, much better to have Alain, Craig, Spencer, Day, and Manzur for 40 years of Morrissey? Wouldn't that have made infinitely more sense? Unfortunately Mozzer's critcal faculties are on the Britney Spears level now so go figure.

Stop for a minute and think about it. Moz is doing a "40 Years Of Morrissey" tour with a band of mostly young newbies. (Personally I think he's trying to keep up with Marr and his younger band at this point.) Wouldn't it have been much, much better to have Alain, Craig, Spencer, Day, and Manzur for 40 years of Morrissey? Wouldn't that have made infinitely more sense? Unfortunately Mozzer's critcal faculties are on the Britney Spears level now so go figure.

It would, but the "40 Years of Morrissey" thing is purely a marketing gimmick and nothing else.

And M's current attitude and stance towards everything and everyone is like four wheels without a car.

Maybe you mean they don't have a great singer. They've got two (probably) equally good singers in Alain and Gustavo. They could do vocals in unison or something like Alice In Chains and make it something special and memorable - and I hope they do just that.

I think this will be great. I'm happy these guys are together. They’ll sound amazing, that’s for sure.

To me, the best way to describe the current circumstance is you have a top bloke like Alain (the guy who wrote the music for Life Is A Pigsty), and he's just... sitting there, when he could be in such a better position if one simple rule was sustained: respect.

It's like having Leonardo da Vinci sitting in a corner doing people's tax returns. Wake up, M.

@dneuer - feel free to share that one with A. haha

I was also thinking that if they chose to play Morrissey Band material, they could choose only Alain and Gustavo's material and make adjustments to them. Add/remove parts, music or lyrics. Think 'Southpaw' with a completely different additional vocal chorus over the several minute guitar outro, stuff like that. They've got plenty of those songs to choose from too.

I would rather have them play something interesting like I alluded to above, than I would something that will relegate them to 'pub rock' or similar. Alain and Gustavo are talented writers and do not deserve that.

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

Suedehead will be properly played on guitar by Gannon at last, if they play.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom