Alain Whyte attends Richard Blade's Hollywood Walk Of Fame Ceremony (June 6, 2024)

Screenshot_20240607-031445~2.png

FB_IMG_1717726611716.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726643291.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726640870.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726638494.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726635893.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726633233.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726630810.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726628204.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726625679.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726622893.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726620114.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726617560.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726614832.jpg

Moved to General thread as Alain is commenting on Morrissey via the ceremony.
Also, Richard deserves the kudos for strongly supporting The Smiths and the early 'solo' days with continuous airplay.
Regards,
FWD.

(Blade's autobiography: World In My Eyes is absolutely worth a read).

Also Billy Idol used to dress up his little kid in head to toe leathers like his mini-me, including with the spiky bleached hair and spiky jewelry and motorcycle boots and everything. I don’t think i’d ever been in LA and not seen billy idol. He is definitely still getting even shorter tho

Also Billy Idol used to dress up his little kid in head to toe leathers like his mini-me, including with the spiky bleached hair and spiky jewelry and motorcycle boots and everything. I don’t think i’d ever been in LA and not seen billy idol. He is definitely still getting even shorter tho
i noticed that as well,you do get shorter as you get older,this is due to bones muscles and joints,in ten years time i will be a midget,boo hoo.

Alain is wrong about one thing tho, the Smiths were first played by a college DJ in Massachusetts who then went on to be a DJ at a Boston station and continually played the Smiths and Morrissey until the stations demise around 2010

Monica Rodriguez, 7th District Councilwoman and foundress of Morrissey Day, is in the fourth photo from top.

Never heard the name "Richard Blade" until now, but apparently without him no one in the USA would have ever heard of Morrissey. LOL.
I think Alain went a little far in his statement... but for slightly older bands like Depeche Mode, OMD and even Duran Duran Richard was probably the first to play them on the West Coast. I don't know if he was the first to play The Smiths out here... but he was a big fan.

I think Alain went a little far in his statement... but for slightly older bands like Depeche Mode, OMD and even Duran Duran Richard was probably the first to play them on the West Coast. I don't know if he was the first to play The Smiths out here... but he was a big fan.

It's because of Richard Blade and KROQ that Morrissey, the Smiths, and bands like DM, the Cure etc. have such a massive following in Southern California. They bombarded the airwaves with all this music all the time. There was even a Depeche Mode riot in 1990 when fans couldn't get into a signing. Richard Blade is part of the reason why Los Angeles was Morrissey's home base.

It's because of Richard Blade and KROQ that Morrissey, the Smiths, and bands like DM, the Cure etc. have such a massive following in Southern California. They bombarded the airwaves with all this music all the time. There was even a Depeche Mode riot in 1990 when fans couldn't get into a signing. Richard Blade is part of the reason why Los Angeles was Morrissey's home base.
Absolutely, I wasn't diminishing Richard Blade's importance to the So Cal alternative music scene. It's legendary and his Hollywood Star is well-earned, IMO. I was replying to the person who was reacting to this quote from Alain:

"If it was not for Richard Blade, Morrissey's music would not have been heard in the U.S. and maybe he would not have such a huge following here in LA."

It's cool that Alain is so appreciative... but the first part is an exaggeration while the second part is true. If he meant LA for both parts then it's 100% true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom