Morrissey Central "THE LAST OF IRELAND" (MARCH 17, 2024)

8acdcf654615afd6d083234f6c91cc30450c194d.jpg

St Patrick's Day, 2024

On Pembroke Road look out for my ghost,
Dishevelled with shoes untied,
Playing through the railings with little children
Whose children have long since died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. But others also fail to understand that their opinion (or the ideology that they worship at the altar of) isn't perhaps the universal truth that they believe. And everyone who does not blindly agree with them isn't necessarily a far right racist.
Yes, but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. Racism does exist. You don’t have to be a nutty, SJW, über-woke transgender Somalian to acknowledge that.

Personally, I desperately want a more nuanced discussion. I want humility. Common sense. Less shouting. Less extremism, whether left or right.

Racism does exist. You don’t have to be a nutty, SJW, über-woke transgender Somalian to acknowledge that.
In your previous post you were berating people worshiping at altars and blindly believing universal truths.
Saying that 'racism does exist' is a bit like saying that 'badness' or 'evil' exists. Probably, although they are all rather vague terms.
Do you mean that in your view racist ideas or beliefs are driving people in Ireland and Britain and the rest of Europe to be against mass immigration? I disagree with you.
Do you mean that in your view racist ideas or beliefs are driving Morrissey to be critical of mass immigration? Again, I disagree with you. And I haven't seen Morrissey do any shouting or be extremist on the subject. And yet there were moves to ban advertisements for his records and remove his records from shops. He is constantly called a 'pariah' in the media. Is it maybe possible that the shouting and extremism have been one sided?

In your previous post you were berating people worshiping at altars and blindly believing universal truths.
Saying that 'racism does exist' is a bit like saying that 'badness' or 'evil' exists. Probably, although they are all rather vague terms.
Do you mean that in your view racist ideas or beliefs are driving people in Ireland and Britain and the rest of Europe to be against mass immigration? I disagree with you.
Do you mean that in your view racist ideas or beliefs are driving Morrissey to be critical of mass immigration? Again, I disagree with you. And I haven't seen Morrissey do any shouting or be extremist on the subject. And yet there were moves to ban advertisements for his records and remove his records from shops. He is constantly called a 'pariah' in the media. Is it maybe possible that the shouting and extremism have been one sided?
Instead of jumping to conclusions and answering your questions for me yourself, you could give me a chance to answer.

To people having suffered systemic racism, it’s probably not vague at all.

My post wasn’t directed towards Morrissey at all. I was merely reflecting on the issue at large. But no, I don’t think that everyone who is against mass immigration is automatically racist. But I think there are racist forces (parties etc) selling the idea to people that all of society’s problems come from immigration and from people that look and speak differently than you and me. It’s an easy answer to a difficult question. And I think it’s easy to accept it as an answer for some. People just want to understand what’s going on and be able to point the finger at “the problem”.

Society’s falling apart and mass immigration is obviously part of the problem, but it can’t be the whole problem.

And the bit about the shouting was directed at both camps. Left and right. Like I said, I want less extremism. I’m as sick as you are of cancel culture, virtue-signaling and overly sensitive primadonnas trying to forcibly control the narrative.

Unlike you, I can acknowledge that both sides are out of control. You’re kind of proving my point when you almost deny racism and refuse to admit that the problem is two-sided (and “your” side is the “good” side).

To hell with the right for pitting people against each other and not learning from past mistakes. And to hell with the left for being so very precious, stuck-up and judgmental.

It’s no surprise that the usual suspects are all over this post. This is now Misserrey’s fan base. If you disagree with them then you disagree with your master. When you embrace Misserrey you embrace your inner anti-immigrant white middle aged white bloke pub bore. Don’t be shy.
There's a problem in the fanbase. Did you not get the memo?

To people having suffered systemic racism, it’s probably not vague at all.

My post wasn’t directed towards Morrissey at all. I was merely reflecting on the issue at large. But no, I don’t think that everyone who is against mass immigration is automatically racist. But I think there are racist forces (parties etc) selling the idea to people that all of society’s problems come from immigration and from people that look and speak differently than you and me. It’s an easy answer to a difficult question. And I think it’s easy to accept it as an answer for some. People just want to understand what’s going on and be able to point the finger at “the problem”.

Society’s falling apart and mass immigration is obviously part of the problem, but it can’t be the whole problem.

And the bit about the shouting was directed at both camps. Left and right. Like I said, I want less extremism. I’m as sick as you are of cancel culture, virtue-signaling and overly sensitive primadonnas trying to forcibly control the narrative.

Unlike you, I can acknowledge that both sides are out of control. You’re kind of proving my point when you almost deny racism and refuse to admit that the problem is two-sided (and “your” side is the “good” side).

To hell with the right for pitting people against each other and not learning from past mistakes. And to hell with the left for being so very precious, stuck-up and judgmental.
Systemic racism - now you are being even more vague. Equity of outcome is a very dodgy aspiration. And if the West is so racist, why are 'people that look and speak differently than you and me' coming to the West in their millions? They clearly disagree with you. And are clearly trying to escape countries where real racism and discrimination and police brutality are the norm.
I am not suggesting that there aren't bad actors out there on both sides of the argument. But in terms of people being called names and being shut down that does seem rather one sided. People who are pro-mass immigration aren't called far left or extremist. Nor should they be. And yet people who are critical of mass immigration are called far right and extremist. Your 'plague on both their houses' argument doesn't really seem to add up.

Shouldn't you call the police?

Well, yeah. Hopefully it leads to an explanation.

He really did sign Unite Against Fascism's petition in 2004 & he rescued a Love Music Hate Racism event in 2008 by donating £25,000 himself & getting his management/booking agent/promoter to donate £45,000 - because he agreed with that organisation's anti-racist, pro-immigration stance.

Well, yeah. Hopefully it leads to an explanation.

He really did sign Unite Against Fascism's petition in 2004 & he rescued a Love Music Hate Racism event in 2008 by donating £25,000 himself & getting his management/booking agent/promoter to donate £45,000 - because he agreed with that organisation's anti-racist, pro-immigration stance.
Fascism is vile. In an authoritarian state an artist as contrarian and big mouthed as Morrissey would be the first to go.
Racism is vile. Hating someone just because they look or talk differently from you is beyond contempt. And immigration is of course a good thing. As long as it is controlled and managed. I would happily sign all the above too.
Mass immigration is a different matter. So a question for you, Malarkey. Is any amount of immigration too much? Would you put any cap on numbers? Or would you have open borders?

Fascism is vile. In an authoritarian state an artist as contrarian and big mouthed as Morrissey would be the first to go.
Racism is vile. Hating someone just because they look or talk differently from you is beyond contempt. And immigration is of course a good thing. As long as it is controlled and managed. I would happily sign all the above too.
Mass immigration is a different matter. So a question for you, Malarkey. Is any amount of immigration too much? Would you put any cap on numbers? Or would you have open borders?

No, it's not a different matter.

Systemic racism - now you are being even more vague. Equity of outcome is a very dodgy aspiration. And if the West is so racist, why are 'people that look and speak differently than you and me' coming to the West in their millions? They clearly disagree with you. And are clearly trying to escape countries where real racism and discrimination and police brutality are the norm.
I am not suggesting that there aren't bad actors out there on both sides of the argument. But in terms of people being called names and being shut down that does seem rather one sided. People who are pro-mass immigration aren't called far left or extremist. Nor should they be. And yet people who are critical of mass immigration are called far right and extremist. Your 'plague on both their houses' argument doesn't really seem to add up.
It’s obvious I’m not saying that the west is as bad as Somalia or whatever. I think you’re being deliberately deflective. They probably come here because their countries are being ravaged by totalitarianism and war and famine and what have you. And obviously Sweden and Britain are a million times better in every possible way (except maybe weather). But they probably don’t think it’s all that great they’re being blamed for everything that is going wrong here.

I think you’re wrong. I think people who disagree with the right are being very much shut down. Called sheep, Zionists, Islamophiles, the loony left and whatever else.

Your side isn’t better than the other. Your side doesn’t have all the answers. The debate needs a lower tone, more nuance, less extremism and wheelbarrows full of humility.

It’s obvious I’m not saying that the west is as bad as Somalia or whatever. I think you’re being deliberately deflective. They probably come here because their countries are being ravaged by totalitarianism and war and famine and what have you. And obviously Sweden and Britain are a million times better in every possible way (except maybe weather). But they probably don’t think it’s all that great they’re being blamed for everything that is going wrong here.

I think you’re wrong. I think people who disagree with the right are being very much shut down. Called sheep, Zionists, Islamophiles, the loony left and whatever else.

Your side isn’t better than the other. Your side doesn’t have all the answers. The debate needs a lower tone, more nuance, less extremism and wheelbarrows full of humility.
You brought up systemic racism - now you seem to be talking about prejudice towards refugees, which is a very different thing. I was referring to legal migration. Which in Europe, at least, far outstrips illegal migration. I wouldn't emigrate to a racist country. Would you?
Don't you think it would be better if pressure was put on the big corporations to pay people in developing countries a decent wage? That way mass immigration wouldn't have an incentive. The current situation is a win / win for the big corporations. And that is the ultimate irony. The big corporations get to hide behind their cloak of - racism is evil, let's all be kind. Whilst they run their sweat shops and pay the poor a dollar a day. And so the poor move to the West and drive down wages here. Win / win.

You brought up systemic racism - now you seem to be talking about prejudice towards refugees, which is a very different thing. I was referring to legal migration. Which in Europe, at least, far outstrips illegal migration. I wouldn't emigrate to a racist country. Would you?
Don't you think it would be better if pressure was put on the big corporations to pay people in developing countries a decent wage? That way mass immigration wouldn't have an incentive. The current situation is a win / win for the big corporations. And that is the ultimate irony. The big corporations get to hide behind their cloak of - racism is evil, let's all be kind. Whilst they run their sweat shops and pay the poor a dollar a day. And so the poor move to the West and drive down wages here. Win / win.
I mentioned systemic racism, you brought up “why do they come here if the west is so bad?”And like I said, they have a better chance at survival here than in Somalia or Syria, which is why they come here.

Is this dream scenario possible in countries in the Middle East and Northern Africa, which is where most immigrants come from? It sounds far fetched. Those countries are ravaged by war and/or totalitarian Islam. I do, however, agree that sweatshops should be abolished and decent wages should be paid to all.

Last edited:
I mentioned systemic racism, you brought up “why do they come here if the west is so bad?”And like I said, they have a better chance at survival here than in Somalia or Syria, which is why they come here.

Is this dream scenario possible in countries in the Middle East and Northern Africa, which is where most immigrants come from? It sounds far fetched. Those countries are ravaged by war and/or totalitarian Islam. I do, however, agree that sweatshops should be abolished and decent wages should be paid to all.
Yes, I was referring to legal migration - i.e. people who 'choose' to move to a new country. In the UK people from India and Pakistan come in greatest numbers. Not people from Somalia or Syria. I don't think people from India or Pakistan would choose to come to the UK if they thought it was riddled with systemic racism. Same goes for people from Bangladesh, Nigeria, etc. Many also come from South America. People coming as refuges from war-torn countries is a different thing all together. Same goes for the USA and Canada - much legal immigration has come from India and Pakistan and parts of Africa. And the USA has also seen huge waves of illegal migration from Latin America.
There are indeed questions to be asked about why wages and conditions are so poor in many countries in the world that people feel obliged to leave. But the big corporations don't want us to talk about that. They would much rather we all focus on virtue-signalling. It's the classic magician's trick - don't look over here, look over there. The modern word for it - a psyop. Yep, let's tear down the statue of a slave owner and feel good about ourselves - whilst there are more human beings living now in modern slavery than ever before. But who cares, right? As long as there is someone ready to serve us coffee in Starbucks for a low wage. Or clean the toilets.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom