Alain Whyte attends Richard Blade's Hollywood Walk Of Fame Ceremony (June 6, 2024)

Screenshot_20240607-031445~2.png

FB_IMG_1717726611716.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726643291.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726640870.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726638494.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726635893.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726633233.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726630810.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726628204.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726625679.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726622893.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726620114.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726617560.jpg
FB_IMG_1717726614832.jpg

Moved to General thread as Alain is commenting on Morrissey via the ceremony.
Also, Richard deserves the kudos for strongly supporting The Smiths and the early 'solo' days with continuous airplay.
Regards,
FWD.

(Blade's autobiography: World In My Eyes is absolutely worth a read).

His own or Billy’s😂 only joking I know it was Billy's
Maybe both. Tolhurst wrote in his book, that he was drunk af and didn't even realise that he was pissing on him. Billy Idol was making out with a girl on the toilet and was understandably furious.

GREAT stuff! I love all the pics! Seems like it was a nice event. It's a trip to see Billy Idol, who is now shorter than ever! :p Congrats to Richard!

I remember Blade from the Depeche Mode 101 film (which is brilliantly done if you haven't seen it). He most likely did the same thing for Depeche Mode as he did for Morrissey, in terms of pushing their music in similar ways.

Didn't Lol Tolhurst piss down his leg once in 1978?
There’s not many a leg that poor old Lol hasn’t pissed down.

is pointing at each other the new handshake.billy idol looks the exact same same as he did in 86,ok maybe not the exact same,a wee bit older in the eyes.good to see someone getting recognition for services to music.
Thumbs up, pointing fingers = phoney showbiz "friendships".

don’t think even Don Rickles could have saved this snooze fest. Crashing bores indeed.

yeah, yeah, yeah, Blade most likely helped with Mozi’s popularity within LA. But.. ‘If it was not for Richard Blade, Morrissey's music would not have been heard in the U.S.’ Wasn’t my experience.Guess

Guess Al got caught up in the moment and wanted
to make Rick Blade seem super important.
Pretty sure that the folks who listen to Moz, are the
kinda folks who can find music on their own.

Guess ya got caught up in the moment, when ya
said Don couldn't save that snooze fest.
Ya musta never seen Don do Yankee Doodle Dandy.
:)

I guess the Poorman couldn't make it to offer Richard his support?

I thought he and Richard fell out along with most of the other KROQ DJs from his era. A friend of mine interned at KROQ during that time but he was also known to exaggerate stuff - so not totally sure.

I'm happy to see Alain out there living his best life.

Guess Al got caught up in the moment and wanted
to make Rick Blade seem super important.
Pretty sure that the folks who listen to Moz, are the
kinda folks who can find music on their own.

Guess ya got caught up in the moment, when ya
said Don couldn't save that snooze fest.
Ya musta never seen Don do Yankee Doodle Dandy.
:)

Lol! & those high kicks!

I was there, we had CDs by that time and didn't need radio. That being said, Blade is a great guy and was very beneficial to Morrissey's career in the US.

Alain Whyte genio
Alain beautiful as always!! The best songs Morrissey did are the ones he did with Alain and Boz. I love Billy Idol, I love Idol!!!!

This is sweet and it looks like he had a great time. Cool pictures. It’s good to see him out living a fun life!

Even though this is probably like 10-20yrs old at this point, I am still working hard on trying to assimilate Alain’s dye job

Back
Top Bottom