Your Pets And Their Names

ok, i wont go into the gruesome details, but i was driving along in the high desert :crazy:
and this bastard in front of me screeches to a halt, but i see this little shape wobble off to the side of the road
it was pregnant Chihuahua :eek:
i pulled my car over to the shoulder and approached her, she growled but was all messed up and i did not know what i should do at first
like i said, i wont go into the details, but i called my step dad
and he talked me through getting the puppies out(i did have to use my knife some)
it was an extremely intense moment i will never forget
they lived and we buried their mommy, but my aunt had a number of Chihuahuas and she took them to care for
as far as i know they are all still alive :)

Why does the name Sharon Tate come to mind?

When me and my sister first got a guinea pig each, I called mine Vyvian (named after the character from The Young Ones) and my sister called her's Richie (named after the character from Bottom). My mother thought we were insane.

We then went on to call our next guinea pig, Chestnut as it was that kind of colour and then we thought it was cool to name them after nuts so our next one was Coconut. The guinea pigs we have now are called Hazelnut and Pecan nut (just Pecan for short).

No doubt our next guinea pigs will be called Peanut, Cashew Nut, Macadamia Nut or something simliar.......Donut? No that would be silly wouldn't it?!

When me and my sister first got a guinea pig each, I called mine Vyvian (named after the character from The Young Ones) and my sister called her's Richie (named after the character from Bottom). My mother thought we were insane.

Should have been SPG. I know theirs is a hamster and yours are guinea pigs, but still. Or you could have updated it and called him TSG.

My white cat, Sugar who goes by Sug, Sugah Boog & Booger Bear

My black cat, Sammy, whose full name is Sammy Sosa Balls (they got snipped as a kitten :o:p), goes by Samma jamma boo, Mr. Peepers, Peeps and Dick. :D

I have 3 cats. One is a step cat (boyfriend who moved ins cat).

Brownie because he is brown. He was actually just called Brown until his first vet visit. I didn't want to sound retarded when they asked his name so it got changed to Brownie.

Misty. Boyfriend named her. She is grey, like mist.

Banshee. Boyfriend's cat. Apparently she used to meow loudly like a screaming banshee.

Cats:

Zoey
Saki
Patches
Snowflake

Zoey goes by "Boo Boo" and also answers to that. I never actually call her Zoey unless I'm speaking about her to others.

Saki goes by "Beanz" or "Beanie Beanz" or "Pumpkin".

Patches goes by "Patty"

and Snowflake is just snowflake.

I have a cat called Patch, so called because she has a white patch on her nose/cheek.
I have a fish called Nemo, I named him just after the film came out.
I have a rabbit called Hazel, she's actually my uncle's rabbit but we've 'adopted' her.. my 6 year old cousin named her.

A cat called Diesel, possibly because I was watching something dreadful about cars with neon underlights the night before we got him.

And a new addition; Kippax the Norweigen Elk Hound. He's loud, loyal, tall and never shuts up. But I gave him the name long before I realised it suited him perfectly :)

I have a lab named Goose and a mini schnauzer named Lucy. They love each other... even though Lucy beats up Goose...

I have a little black spider living in one corner of my bedroom. I christened him "Paul".

I named a wasp that I trapped under a glass Gavin. Sadly my sister and someone called Simon drowned him in cola and decapitated him. :(

Misty. Boyfriend named her. She is grey, like mist.

I have a Misty cat as well! Although her name has a slightly more cheesy origin than your Misty's - her predecessor was called Smokey. :rolleyes:

So in full:
Cats - Smokey and Misty. Smokey was a very dark grey, Misty is light grey. Also Smokey is Misty's father, so they're connected through names as well.

Hamsters - Hammy, Snowy and Honey. Snowy was white, Honey was gingery-brown, and Hammy was named after a hamster in a book.

Rabbits - God, there were loads. Fran, Ferdi and Lucky/Archie/Kampushsky were the parents. Fran and Ferdi were named after Franz Ferdinand/some Frube yoghurts, and Lucky was bought as a stud so my stepdad named him Lucky. :rolleyes: However, I called him Archie (as in Archduke) and later Kampushsky for no apparent reason. Each black-furred baby bunny was called Matt by my sister, after Matt Bellamy of Muse, and I named some Franz, Friedrich, Max and Karl. Because I'm cool like that.

In my extended family there are/have been many cats. A lot of them have meaningful names, so I'll give them.
Paddy - My grandmother's cat. He was a ginger cat, so he was named after Paddy Ashdown.
Hector and Florence - My aunt and uncle's cats. My uncle named Hector after the Greek warrior. However, my aunt thought he was named after the eponymous character of Hector's House, so named the other cat after another character in it.
Munro/Munrosie - Another aunt and uncle's cat. This uncle is Scottish, and the new kitten liked to climb up the curtains, so he was named after Hector Munro. However, Munro turned out to be a girl, so she became Munrosie.

I got two cats both black, one called Coke and the other Filly, (I did have one called Bacardi but he ran away to seek his fortunes with the neighbours:confused:)

I also have a goldfish called James (after the no.5 engine in Thomas the tank engine, well hes sort of red - ok orange:o)

We also have a 7 month old puppy (staffie x heinz 57) which is called...wait for it... MOZ, thanks to my little boy! he also answers to Mozzie, Mozza, Mozzarella and if hes been really naughty MORRISSEY....YOU LITTLE S*#T!!!!!!:D:D:D

Dogs
Teddy Bear - Corgi x Jack russell
Baloo - Shih Tzu x Sheltie
Oliver - Jack russell
Lola - Corgi (named after the kinks song)
JoJo - Chihuahua (named Jolene after dolly parton song)

Cats
Daisy (also called Steven :D:lbf:)
Harley
Henry
Oscar (Oscar Wilde :D)
Madelana aka Maddy
Homer

Rabbits
Hazel-Rah
Harriett aka Hattie
Violet
Bugs
Roo
Winnie
Betty
Hilda
Honey
Sweep
James (J.M Bunnie)
Mai
Buttercup
Milly

Guinea pigs
Dandelion
Ruby (named after the kaiser chiefs song)
Maddison
Evening

Rats
Hyde
Miss Marple
Agatha Christie

Chinchilla
Robert (named after Robert louis stevenson)

Gerbil
Sherlock Holmes

Hamster
Squirrel

Parrot
Max

Cockatiel
Milo

Think thats everyone :lbf:

Will post a few photos later :)

ok, i wont go into the gruesome details, but i was driving along in the high desert :crazy:
and this bastard in front of me screeches to a halt, but i see this little shape wobble off to the side of the road
it was pregnant Chihuahua :eek:
i pulled my car over to the shoulder and approached her, she growled but was all messed up and i did not know what i should do at first
like i said, i wont go into the details, but i called my step dad
and he talked me through getting the puppies out(i did have to use my knife some)
it was an extremely intense moment i will never forget
they lived and we buried their mommy, but my aunt had a number of Chihuahuas and she took them to care for
as far as i know they are all still alive :)

:eek: ewwwww....:sick:

Why does the name Sharon Tate come to mind?

As tragic and sad as Sharon Tate's death was...
Dave, I gotta say, that comment was very clever. :thumb:
:highfive:

Heres a few pictures of the animals i share my bedroom with

Hyde
animals048-1.jpg

Robert
137_2332-1-1.jpg

17 week old James
147_2699.jpg

12 week old Butters
149_2895.jpg

her sister Milly
149_2908.jpg

The other rats and gerbil, dont stick around long enough for clear photos :lbf:

Chihuahua people..

Shes 6 months old, she belongs to my mum but i live with my parents, so get lots of time with her.

jojo3.jpg

jojo4.jpg

143_2566.jpg

I want to get my own chihuahua... maybe call him Morrissey :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom