Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I don't really collect bootlegs but this is the kind of item I like, a factory pressed Russian 2 on 1 CD:)

DSC01999.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

I've found with recordstore.co.uk that the packaging is either excellent or really shoddy and with no logical reason why it varies?

My latest buys:

The Smiths - The Smiths French promo Lp
The Smiths - Panic UK 12" with complete sticker sheet
The Smiths - This Charming Man French 7"
The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma French 7" promo
The Smiths - Ask UK WEA 7"
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead UK cassette with salmon case
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead Greek cassette
Morrissey - Suedehead, Best of UK cassette

photo-26.jpg

a couple Smiths bootlegs.
The Undisputed Truth: 9 songs from a Concert at the Rockgarden, London, 7th July 1983. and 1 song "Unreleased cut from the radio broadcast at Amsterdam De Meervaart Hall, 21th April 1984.
The Queen is Dead: says "Released under liscence from Rough Trade Records Ltd" Tonpress/KAW is the label. SX-T 153. Made in Poland. no gatefold, but they did do the inner sleeve with the photo and lyrics. i'm assuming this is a bootleg, but they did do a very nice job of it. it probably looks better then the current reissue. (there's also another Meat Is Murder bootleg at the shop, says colored vinyl, and has the Virgin Logo on the back of the sleeve. ???? they're really going all out. there was another batch a while ago of colored vinyl bootlegs, then the picture discs....)

photo-1-6.jpg

Morrissey Take A Bow: bootleg. 13 songs from various live TV appearances in the early 90's.
That's How People Grow Up 7" no.1 and no.2
The Youngest Was The Most Loved 7"
In The Future When All's Well 7"

Hatful of Hollow for £ 12 ( both vinyl and sleeve EX condition) and just ordered BONA DRAG LP ( both vinyl and sleeve EX ) from Vinyl Exchange for £ 15. Vinyl Exchange are the BEST, their packaging is really good, this is what i like about them a lot.
Cheers Moz

We visited London today. Thank you for all the people who had previously said where was the best places for second hand records, although you could have warned me that the guy behind the counter of Intoxica is a knob!

Anyway, found the following:

The Smiths - This Charming Man, Japanese 12", absolute mint with Japanese lyric sheet, but unfortunately no OBI :-( But it was a fair price because of this.

The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma, UK 7", with the mis-printed green edges.

Morrissey - Maladjusted, EU CD, not very exciting but I needed one for my collection.

Finally:
Girl Least Likely To 12" Australia promo

50£

These are especially for you Dave, I know you like different colour sleeves and/or text as much as I do. :)

Portuguese debut on vinyl with pink text (compared to standard UK release) --> only £8 too
Strangeways Rough Trade cd with green text (compared to original Rough Trade release on the left and WEA re-release on the right)

Last edited:
past two weeks:
a ticket for mozz @ the zenith, two mozz solo shirts, the smiths singles box, smiths 180 grams, meat is murder 180 grams, strangeways 180 grams, the smiths queen is dead shirt & a batch of 18 smiths 7" on ebay who appear to be in excelent condition (and proabably belonged to someone who posts on this board).
5811_1030602822298_1742217648_57319_1132096_n.jpg

These are especially for you Dave, I know you like different colour sleeves and/or text as much as I do. :)

Portuguese debut on vinyl with pink text (compared to standard UK release) --> only £8 too
Strangeways Rough Trade cd with green text (compared to original Rough Trade release on the left and WEA re-release on the right)

Where's the green-eyed-monster icon when you need it :lbf:

Dave

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom