Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

newshit010.jpg

newshit013.jpg

newshit011.jpg

newshit014.jpg

Sorry this is so big. How do you do the attached thumbnail thing?
I thought this was hilarious. Hated For Loving SUCKS.
Handsome Devil is OK..
It is the same 7" front and back

Last edited:
newshit010.jpg

newshit013.jpg

newshit011.jpg

newshit014.jpg

Sorry this is so big. How do you do the attached thumbnail thing?
I thought this was hilarious. Hated For Loving SUCKS.
Handsome Devil is OK..
It is the same 7" front and back

I just got this today as well. I LOVE "hated for loving" - I think it's fantastic!

Ouija Board EP

• What Difference 12" promo
  • New York Doll - DVD promo with 20min Moz interview
  • 2 x Sound of the Smiths promos - warning for the kids - booze and ebay don't mix - why buy two? If someone wants a copy - PM me with offers :)
  • Test Pressing of Strangeways - 2009 180g reissue - - warning for the kids - boredom and ebay don't mix - why buy test pressing this expensive when I don't collect test pressing????

Dave

So was that from eil? You were quick off the mark. I almost nabbed that a couple of weeks back. Blink and you've lost it job! Congratulations :)

So was that from eil? You were quick off the mark. I almost nabbed that a couple of weeks back. Blink and you've lost it job! Congratulations :)

There was one on Ebay a few days ago which got sold for £ 80 or so.
Who is right.....
Cheers Moz

Well done Mikael - finally you track it down - I think you even doubted it's existence at one stage :)

Dave

Not in the same league as Mikael, but here's my latest - Some Girls 7" promo - with the usual back sleeve replaced by promo info. My favourite bit, quote from the Daily Mirror "Ironically, Lady Di likes the Smiths"

Dave

Not in the same league as Mikael, but here's my latest - Some Girls 7" promo - with the usual back sleeve replaced by promo info. My favourite bit, quote from the Daily Mirror "Ironically, Lady Di likes the Smiths"

Dave

Very nice Dave, was that the one on ebay? I was half tempted to go for it myself, but I'm supposed to be saving money at the moment (after some serious life changing decisions). Which of course means, no ebay :tears:

Very nice Dave, was that the one on ebay? I was half tempted to go for it myself, but I'm supposed to be saving money at the moment (after some serious life changing decisions). Which of course means, no ebay :tears:

There was one on ebay just before xmas that went for £45+ on an auction. This was BiN £35 with free p+p I couldn't resist :thumb:

Dave

Yes it's the South African EILS promo, I had only managed to find a Suedehead before. Tack Henrik för hjälpen!:)

Yes it's the South African EILS promo, I had only managed to find a Suedehead before. Tack Henrik för hjälpen!:)
Do you mind me asking, did the notify you or was it just listed on the website?

I don't quite follow, I got it from a Swedish seller.:confused:

This Charming Man - 7" with one sided press release from Scott Piering. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200431023296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Not sure which this counts as in relation to the description on Passions. Maybe the bit in bold?:
Promotion:
UK: Stock copies of the 7" with a plugger sticker on the back of the sleeve were distributed for promotion of this single in the UK. As for many more Smiths singles to come, the plugger was Scott Piering's 'Appearing' media services. These stickered singles usually included a 2-sided press release. One side showed the single's artwork and the other gave information about the tracks found on each formats as well as tour dates. Some copies without the promo sticker were also distributed with a press release, or a promo postcard of Morrissey re-enacting the single's artwork. A few green label 7"s were also distributed in the UK for earlier and more limited promotion of this single. These also have a Scott Piering sticker and are also paired with a press release. The New-York mixes 12" promos were slipped inside a generic white sleeve and had 'vocal' and 'instrumental' stickers on the labels which were stamped with "Scott Piering promotions"​

I'd love to see a postcard of Morrissey re-enacting the artwork. Anyone?

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom