You got a (piece of) shirt?

Was that on Boz's side or Jesse's side? I may have been in on that one for a bit but let go early. I was on Boz's side every time. I remember trying a few times, but never getting one. I got a few in LA though. A yellow piece stays in my wallet at all times, but has lost it's smell.

uhhh, i believe Jesse's side. wait, no, we were pretty much right in the middle. yeah, in the middle. it was the black shirt he threw out....then he came back for the encore ,and we were STILL all fighting over it all the way through FOTG

Got my piece in LA on Oct 1st 2007 (My 21st Bday :)). It smelled of Incense Avignon. :horny:

Fought for during Let Me Kiss You.

its a fantastic fragrance ! My shirt catching stories are as follows :

barrowlands 2001 - black shirt with embroidery on the chest - myself and 2 scottish lads got a healthy chunk of shirt that we struggled to keep for ourselves and amicably decided to split it between us after the encore , with the kindly help of security i ended up with a decent piece of collar , shoulder and chest . I stuffed it down my trousers while leaving the venue (it was glasgow after all - ha ha - will be back there in may) . I framed it along with a picture from the gig and the ticket . I apologise for this next bit ... I sold it on e-bay about a year later ... I know , i know .. unforgivable!!

Halifax 2006 - A f***in brilliant gig - heaving and intense. Bonus of tiger army as support too ! anyway , the buttons were casually undone .. then the rip , rub and toss ensued . Like slow motion it flew over the first few rows as I rose up like a centre forward and plucked it , whole , out of the air . Then THWACK !! I was floored by about 6 f***ers ! We must have tussled for the whole of the gap between last song and encore ! I gave up when a f***in dickhead meathead in a floppy sun hat pulled his fist back and bellowed "let go of that shirt or i'll smash your f***in face in ". You are the biggest f***in prick in the world you cumsplash wanker !! I ended up without the shirt that should have been mine and almost without my own shirt - " thats my shirt you've got a hold of !!" i kept saying . I ended up driving back to newcastle in a buttonless little pink number (thats the shirt not the car) .

so there you go : had one - flogged it . Shoulda had one - lost it !

At the Edinburgh Playhouse.
Throwing the shirt:
l_b649f122d0d163ad92d32a2d84b9b2ce.jpg

The fight over it (I the red head in the middle)
Meonthefloorafter.jpg

The bit i got in the end
Morrisseysshirt.jpg

Austin, TX

My boyfriend had actually caught the whole thing but some people... yanked it out of his hands and started pulling at it...

morrissey1.jpg

morrissey2.jpg

We literally fought tooth and nail for our pieces.
In the end I left with a sleeve, and the part with the button holes, my friend Antone got a shred and some buttons, which he always keeps in his wallet, and my friend Emilie got a shred also.

I got a small piece of the Je Suis Morrissey shirt at the Wednesday night show of the 4 show stint at the Fillmore in San Francisco, last year. One second he was throwing it, next I had my hand wrapped around someone and was clutching a part of it. Finally gave up holding on to it as there were at least 6 others not wanting to let go. I waited around though and another girl who had a piece had a security guy cut off a piece of hers with a key, I think, and gave it to me. Since I waited patiently and was not crazy mean like some people. I have it in a ziploc bag now. Still smells a tiny bit.

the shirt when he was wearing it
IMG_1556.jpg

my hand on the shirt
IMG_1561.jpg

when the security guard was about to cut it
IMG_1562.jpg

At the G-mex the whole shirt landed right on my head, it was promptly ripped right from me. I just wanted to settle for part of it and other people could have a bit too. The idiot, bald, massively obese security guy came over with a knife, cut some bits off and never gave me any. Infuriating.

i have an entier sleeve from the AC show last year. i had more but i split it up to give to people. one or two on this forum i believe.

i also have a piece of black shirt from the first Hammerstein, and also another from the last hammerstein show.

i have 2 of them framed, but i moved recently and can't find them :(

I got a decent sized piece at Grimsby in 06 - I've given most of it away, only two strips left.

after i got punched in the face and a girl digging her nails into my hand while fighting for that flag that was thrown on stage an moz threw it back out...i grabbed a whole collar and button from the okc show in 2006(also first handshake) and the night before i got the whole front right side piece that i split into 4 for my other friends i was with. A funny story goes along with that tulsa one.

in atl at chastain i got moz's water bottle and also a working pass.

at hammerstien i got a set list from arturo(good looking out, Arturo)

Last edited:
kilmainham...last june... brown shirt...landed nearby..no violence..but many hands....held until shirt ripped apart....got entire button seam...gave loads away...kept some ...now framed...happy,happy days...

I have too many shirt stories.

I have pieces of four shirts. Mostly tiny pieces, but I do have one large piece from this past tour. It includes the armpit section and it smells like him still. *dreamy sickening smile*

And I have 3 buttons.

No shirt for me but in Austin last week when he handed me the microphone I asked for his shirt. Morrissey goes "can I have yours?" and I started to pull it up and then he goes "better not - it's Easter" which I thought was hysterical. So that's sort of a Moz shirt story. Heh.

I caught a maraca at the Ritz in the early 90's. I was about halfway back and it hit me in the face (and hurt) - but I crouched down and didn't let go. It's in my son's room and he plays with it from time to time.

This is a piece of the blue shirt I got from the Boragata show 2 summers ago framed with a photo of him wearing the shirt and the ticket stub:
(You'll notice the ticket has the wrong date on it because this was one that was rescheduled due to illness. I don't remember the actual reschedule date.)
400.jpg

Here is a (huge) piece of the black shirt I (boyfriend) got at Montclair.
Have not gotten around to framing it yet because I have to figure out how to frame everything I got together. (shirt, tickets, guitar pic and set list).
148.jpg

Now that I have 2 shirts, I will never have to fear for my life again. I will just duck and run when it's coming :lbf:
If you have myspace you can look at the videos related to the shirt from the Borgata shirt. Go to the link below and look for Fight For Shirt Part 1 and Part 2. It's funny because it's a bunch of screaming girls and a tug o war. The only reason I ended up with a piece is becuase I took a pen out of my pocket and stabbed a piece off. Very ladylike!! =)
Here's the link....
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a peice of the white shirt worn at the end of the Wednesday Roundhouse gig in 2008

Back
Top Bottom