Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

BLM are being promoted and some of these gatherings are stages for division and to cause fear
IMG_20200706_051505.jpg

What are you on about? just one video posted criticizing BLM, and you think Morrissey is gonna be joining the Klan or some shit. Lol.

After YEARS of being inspired by black thinkers/artists and
you think he wouldn’t support (in his way) BLM ? get out of here you loon !
Nope because BLM isn't a black movement. I love a lot of black artists but doesn't mean I gotta support a Jewish funded commie movement being produced and promoted by Hollywood and every major corporation

I don’t agree with Moz on this at all. With 130,000 dead here in the US and cases rising in all states that refused mask mandates it’s Moz who’s lacking common sense. The GOP are the party of selfishness in their demand to let them infect others and themselves during a pandemic. Apparently Moz is equally selfish. One would think he might feel differently given that Boz’s wife had it already.
Masks are putting people's health at risk and only a slave would wear a muzzle outside
IMG_20200701_215423.jpg

He's been dismissed as far right? Yes, it's completely other people's fault. Nothing to do with the fact that on his own personal website, he urged (and continues to urge) everyone to vote for a far-right political party.

He's not continuing - it's not been deleted & it's better to have the full thing there, with all its weird logic, rather than people only having the press coverage to refer to.

It's possible that having been denounced as a fascist since Finsbury that when Anne Marie said she was being smeared he believed her. And there's been a lot of divisive issues on the left that we've badly handled.

I'll cut him some slack.

Aww come on it was dreadful, the news footage was shocking and the core troublemakers were hellbent on violence. Imagine going about your business or having to protect your property when it was all kicking off? Tearing down statues and spraying graffiti everywhere. What about the attacks on the Police and their horses? Heavy missiles just getting launched through the air with no regard or care as to where they landed? Let's not forget the loonies attacking the Downing Street gates, that's anarchic and just not on. You can't just brush all that behaviour aside and pretend it didn't happen. And finally the mass gatherings against all intelligent advice amidst a global pandemic. I can't condone any of that.

You don't have to condone it - but it really wasn't that bad compared to other demos.

What moron is wearing a mask in the car. Is he gonna infect himself

I don’t know that he claims they’re being ‘deliberately outbred’, that’s just an anti-Islamic version of great replacement theory which would be far-right. His argument is that whatever the drivers are - mostly ill-judged policy from Europe itself - it’s a symptom of the scenario given. In terms of cultural Marxism, yes the far-right have co-opted the term and created a more conspiratorial version of it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a thing. I studied Sociology at university and one of the modules was about the relationship and crossover between critical theory and MarxIsm. One of my textbooks was called ‘Cultural Marxism in Post-War Britain’, it was freely available in the university library! But now - according to the Guardian and people on social media who have no idea what they’re talking about - cultural Marxism is a ‘right wing conspiracy theory’. They should’ve explained that to my obviously left-wing tutors!

It's not the theories that are the conspiracy theory.

It's the use supposedly being made of the theories that's the conspiracy theory.

It's not the theories that are the conspiracy theory.

It's the use supposedly being made of the theories that's the conspiracy theory.

Yeah but the idea that in the period after WW2 the intellectual left realised that traditional Marxism was just not not going to fly, so re-appropriated a lot of the core concepts into literary criticism, post-modernism, and effectively Trojan horsed into humanities subjects like cultural studies with the intention to counter what it saw as capitalist authority throughout society is not a conspiracy theory. It’s catalogued by the left’s own literature.

Yeah but the idea that in the period after WW2 the intellectual left realised that traditional Marxism was just not not going to fly, so re-appropriated a lot of the core concepts into literary criticism, post-modernism, and effectively Trojan horsed into humanities subjects like cultural studies with the intention to counter what it saw as capitalist authority throughout society is not a conspiracy theory. It’s catalogued by the left’s own literature.

There's no trojan horse - that's absolutely a conspiracy theory.

All that happened is that some left-wing lecturers became adamant that their theories should be applied to their subjects. And a lot of other lecturers thought that was wrong. So war broke out. I had a good mix, but in one department they kept trying to get each other fired.

If you were in sociology though - that was probably armageddon.

I'm not the one rage-posting in all caps and bolded text, freaking out because my washed-up hero disagrees with me about something. No one ever accused Morrissey of being "woke." Stop moving the goalposts. You can't imagine how unbothered I am by Morrissey supporting or not supporting BLM, it quite literally means nothing to me. It's only amusing to have watched you, GEM and the other resident retards squirming in frustration because your man expressed a bit of empathy towards black people. Do you not agree that Morrissey is capable of containing multitudes? Not everyone is so completely stupid to think that BLM is an anti-white hate group. Morrissey loves multiculturalism in America.

BLM is an anti-white hate group. If they could get away with it....they would kill every white person in sight.

Morrissey posted in support of BLM what, two days ago? I see no indication that he’s changed his mind. He probably just loves Murray because he’s a fellow homo who hates immigrants.

The immigrants that rape, murder, start trouble or blow human beings up........which is perfectly normal.

BLM is an anti-white hate group. If they could get away with it....they would kill every white person in sight.
They'll lose in the end but countries are gonna fracture due to this push for forced diversity that nobody wants except white liberals. Those same white liberals don't really want that though and will be shell shocked on the day they have to live with it

All that happened is that some left-wing lecturers became adamant that their theories should be applied to their subjects. And a lot of other lecturers thought that was wrong. So war broke out. I had a good mix, but in one department they kept trying to get each other fired.

It was everywhere, it even extended into pure maths. Things got particularly heated around the issue of division.

OK I’ll accept that - it wasn’t ‘Trojan horsed’ as such - it was done in plain sight and due to the favourable environment, largely went without challenge. But the political agenda behind doing that was the same and I’m not sure education should really be mixed up with political intent. People are taught in those fields to examine and deconstruct literature, film, art, society solely through the post-modern lens, or at least I was. I could take it with a pinch of salt and go ‘ok this is interesting but I’m going to leave it there’, because really it took the joy out of everything. An image couldn’t just be appreciated on face value for instance - it had to be picked apart and the innate ‘oppression’ exposed and discussed (even though it probably wasn’t even there and was more likely someone’s over-zealous opinion). If I think about that and then think about the claims people are making these days about society, it makes perfect, unsurprising sense.

I can't see him getting down on his knees for the black man somehow.

Morrissey gets down on his knees every time to flip through his prized collection of singles of black artists that have shaped what he is today.

:cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom