What was (is?!?) your favorite childhood toy?

Great thread! This looks like a plain old wooden apple, right?

2227577270_6f1b746b25.jpg

No way! I had one of those apples too!! Must be a midwestern thang :cool:

Speaking of Barbies, you'd love this toy museum (Animated Toy Museum) that I went to in Colmar, France. Among the thousands of toys, like clockwork and circus toys, miniature trains, baby dolls, teddy bears, etc. The second floor is devoted to vintage dolls and a has collection of Barbie dolls, 1959 to today, which I thought was pretty interesting.

A coupla shots. And I apologize if these scare anybody :rolleyes:
Europe2007017.jpg

Europe2007018.jpg

Speaking of Barbies, you'd love this toy museum (Animated Toy Museum) that I went to in Colmar, France...

Wow, that's a room full of dolls! I'd love to go to a toy museum, especially in France!

Funny about the apple. I go to a lot of estate sales and auctions, and I never see them. The few I've seen on eBay tend to go for more than I want to pay.

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Lego brick today, tell us what your favorite toy, stuffed animal, blanket, outfit, whatever was from childhood. Pics are good, too.

I loved Legos, of course, but my favorite toy was my extensive Star Wars figuring & ship collection, which, sad to say, is now somewhere in a Midwestern landfill. :tears:

Yoda was my favorite figurine.

I also have my green stuffed frog that I got for my first Christmas. It's hideous, but I love it.

My Mrs. Beasley doll and my Spirograph oh and Lite Brite.

HulkHogan-765616.jpg

I liked Hot Wheels best. We also played with army men but later in a pyro phase most of these things were burned. We had access to gasoline and we'd launch burning Hot Wheels into pools of gas, or set up armies, pour gas on them and then flick matches at each others armies.

I liked Hot Wheels best. We also played with army men but later in a pyro phase most of these things were burned. We had access to gasoline and we'd launch burning Hot Wheels into pools of gas, or set up armies, pour gas on them and then flick matches at each others armies.

No magnifying glasses? Man, you didn't play around!

I know it sounds crazy. We're lucky we didn't get hurt. I searched though and "burning toy" is very popular on youtube

I know it sounds crazy. We're lucky we didn't get hurt. I searched though and "burning toy" is very popular on youtube

It amazes me what we used to get into. My friends and I used to jump off the roof of my porch. I used to climb a lot of trees, too (and still do on occasion). It's a wonder I never broke any bones. :o

These little guys

Babblebrook_Family.gif

I took my favorite one everywhere (the one on the far right in the flowery blue pants)

OMG!:eek: I had these, too!:cool: I think I had the parents and a child or two.:guitar: (What are they/ where do they come from?:confused:)

meet Madeline. :cool: I still have her and change her dress sometimes, haha.

madeline_84700.jpg

:D My sister had that doll and i use to play with it when i was young, i remember watching it on the TV and i had a computer game of it as well:cool:.

I also collected beanie babies - i had loads 400 or something- i sent them all to charity shops though. I still have my faves though:)

I also have a tattered yellow bear called Suki , i bought it from a carboot sale when i was 4 and i took it evreywhere. ;) Still comes on holiday with me.

They're the Babblebrook family from Sylvanian families.

I used to have a treehouse for them too. It rocked.

Interesting. :)
My mom got them here in California (I assume) in the 80s. They're probably still floating around somewhere...:p

Interesting. :)
My mom got them here in California (I assume) in the 80s. They're probably still floating around somewhere...:p

It was an international phenomenon.

Created by a Japanese company called Epoch they were initially released in Japan and North America in 1985, then in the UK and Ireland in 1987.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom