Morrissey Central "The importance of an artist can be found in the efforts to silence him." (June 30, 2023)

IMG_5645.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg

unnamed-2.jpg

jeez, at this point the only thing more embarrassing than being morrissey is being one of his little cheerleaders and having to pretend that his upcoming tour is of any consequence

such a pathetic turn of events
Do you really think he'll tour for long with new band members. If he can control everything they do and say maybe. I'm predicting it'll all end in tears .
Again.

He'll never talk to the press. They'll lay bare the fact that he's a bit dim and gathers his info from the internet whilst holing up in luxury. Plus he can't
control the press and every word they write. So he uses Fiona to do that, racist and cancelled becomes magically transformed by her,to unique and brave.
He has a pleasant singing voice, that's about all now.

Poor sales for Mexico City Palacio de los Deportes. Smells like cancellation. So sad.

Looks 80% sold out to me so doubt he will cancel, I said it the other day, these dates have sold really well apart from New York for some reason, first nights about 70% but the others are between 10 & 20% sold, what's that all about, he's had a number of successful runs in New York?

You can't bin your management who do your PR and then also expect the press still to cover you

This is Zappa Amphitheater Shuni, the atmospheric venue for Sunday

1688155153535.png

I wonder if Morrissey knew Keith Richards and Marianne Faithful were in town. Will they gather for a natter in the foyer? I wouldn't take too much notice of press inconstancy; mainstream media's gone to pot in many respects, and the rest has its own problems.

Best of luck to Morrissey and the new band line-up. It'll be fun :guitar:

Last edited:

View attachment 92437

I wonder if Morrissey knew Keith Richards and Marianne Faithful were in town.

Looks a nice place to play.

You can't bin your management who do your PR and then also expect the press still to cover you

If he had a manager who'd arranged an interview with someone from the "mainstream media", he'd get so scared at what they might ask him, he'd crap his arse up his back.

View attachment 92437

I wonder if Morrissey knew Keith Richards and Marianne Faithful were in town. Will they gather for a natter in the foyer? I wouldn't take too much notice of press inconstancy; mainstream media's gone to pot in many respects, and the rest has its own problems.

Nice!

I wonder if M will come out dressed as a gladiator.

If he had a manager who'd arranged an interview with someone from the "mainstream media", he'd get so scared at what they might ask him, he'd crap his arse up his back.

If it’s thought to be an issue, I think a lot artist’s managers/PR person actually tell the interviewer what can’t be asked. So, in regards to doing ‘mainstream media’ interviews, I don’t think that is why he doesn’t do them.

Fings Ain't Wot They Used T'Be Moz.
They done set wrench's on the strings of the grand piano.
Them beautiful concerto's ain't soundin' right no more.

the bottom line is that most of his so-called cancellable offenses would be forgiven or overlooked if the music he made was still good -- he cant poke the hornet's nest while producing crap, it just doesnt work that way
No, he most certainly can not. He’s produced some of his worst ever material these past nine years.

Here's a thing to try (Moz), from the real world of business; it's called Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
For each of the bulleted points in the Central thread (below), ask the question 'Why?' five times...
  • NO RECORD LABEL
  • NO MANAGEMENT
  • NO AIRPLAY
  • NO PRESS SUPPORT
  • NO RELEASES SINCE MARCH 2020
  • NO MEDIA INTEREST IN ‘40 YEARS OF MORRISSEY’ ANNIVERSARY
  • 2021 ALBUM ‘BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS’ CONFISCATED BY CAPITOL RECORDS (LOS ANGELES): NO MEDIA INTEREST.
It's quite a reliable, rigorous, tried & tested form of analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
No management is his own choice, and no record label is partially his own choice as he can self-release. But that is not going to give him the attention he craves.

But South America still loves him as much as ever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom