The Burkean: "Morrissey – The Original Volcel" (June 28, 2023)

Forgot to add this guys
Do we think our Mozzy will become a Ukiper?

Let's hope not. Bans on kosher and halal slaughter should be considered fairly milquetoast for someone as militant as Morrissey claims to be. Stunning an animal is a pretty meager mercy after it's lived its entire life in hell. The argument in favor is usually that it's a first step, that the populace needs to be gradually nudged towards reform and eventually abolition. But the anti-vegan positions of many on the right tell you all you need to know: a ban on non-stunned slaughter is the only step they're willing to take. Billy Bragg is an idiot, but he was right when he called Morrissey out for not supporting an abolitionist party.

Or maybe he would. Marx*, libtard woke snowflake that he was, said Burke was out and out vulgar and a sycophant.

*Das Kapital footnote according to Wiki. I haven't memorised all the Das Kapital footnotes :)
Well, Marx said a lot of things, including, "The bourgeoisie will remember my carbuncles until their dying day." Apparently his carbuncles were a great motivation to him.

The German poet Heinrich Heine, third cousin to Marx, had some interesting things to say about the world his third cousin was working towards:

This confession, that the future belongs to the Communists, I made with an undertone of the greatest fear and sorrow and, oh!, this undertone by no means is a mask! Indeed, with fear and terror I imagine the time, when those dark iconoclasts come to power: with their raw fists they will batter all marble images of my beloved world of art, they will ruin all those fantastic anecdotes that the poets loved so much, they will chop down my Laurel forests and plant potatoes and, oh!, the herbs chandler will use my Book of Songs to make bags for coffee and snuff for the old women of the future – oh!, I can foresee all this and I feel deeply sorry thinking of this decline threatening my poetry and the old world order – And yet, I freely confess, the same thoughts have a magical appeal upon my soul which I cannot resist .... In my chest there are two voices in their favour which cannot be silenced .... because the first one is that of logic ... and as I cannot object to the premise "that all people have the right to eat", I must defer to all the conclusions....The second of the two compelling voices, of which I am talking, is even more powerful than the first, because it is the voice of hatred, the hatred I dedicate to this common enemy that constitutes the most distinctive contrast to communism and that will oppose the angry giant already at the first instance – I am talking about the party of the so-called advocates of nationality in Germany, about those false patriots whose love for the fatherland only exists in the shape of imbecile distaste of foreign countries and neighbouring peoples and who daily pour their bile especially on France

Anyway, I have read Burke, and he is certainly a far superior writer to the author of the article at the 'Burkean', and I fear that the site is not best calculated to convey anything of the spirit of Burke.

Back
Top Bottom