Morrissey Central "The importance of an artist can be found in the efforts to silence him." (June 30, 2023)

IMG_5645.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg

unnamed-2.jpg

Yes, Morrissey, but how many arguments and fall-outs with record label people have you had? How many managers have you fired or discarded? Whether you like it or not is immaterial; to succeed in releasing and selling records you do have to play the game, at least a little bit. From Johnny Marr to Jo Slee to Joe Moss, from Sandie Shaw to Stephen Street, from Bowie to Boorer, from Rough Trade to EMI to RCA to Harvest to Capitol, is there anyone you haven't yet fallen out with, Darling?
There's no conspiracy to silence you. You are simply your own worst enemy.
I would say he is successful, if you see how many consertvenues are sold out, rather quickly. And to not take all the bullshit from the industry,- I'd call that integrity, nothing else.

Ok, so he's been allowed to speak and he has written another f***ing terrorism song. How did we get here from the Smiths? And do not come at me with Suffer Little Children, not the same thing at all.
This is why people have lost patience for him, he seeks out controversy then cries when he finds it. Be a goddamn man and stand up for yourself and stand behind what you say or seriously stfu.

As I understand it, there is no cure for narcissistic personality disorder. You can still choose to believe in the facade he projects, but the scales have fallen from many fans' and associates' eyes. He's on a path from which there is no turning back. He will end up ruined, but he will have it no other way. It's not boring, that's for sure and his choices are interesting. He made some great music, but that's not his art now, it's this idea of Morrissey - the great, doomed freedom fighter. Whatever next?

Seems like Without Music The World Dies has produced the worst first 3 offerings of any of his albums thus far.
The Night Pop Dropped
Without Music The World Dies
Notre Dame

Am I wrong ?

Seems like Without Music The World Dies has produced the worst first 3 offerings of any of his albums thus far.
The Night Pop Dropped
Notre Dame

Am I wrong ?
I think you’re wrong. I firmly believe that LIHS is the absolute nadir of his career. Songs like The Girl From Tel Aviv, Protect Us from the … and When You Open Your Legs are all offensively bad. And there are others as well. And plenty of songs on WPINOYB and IANADOAC match their shiteness.

The Night Pop Dropped
Notre Dame

Am I wrong ?

Notre Dame is a new low, IMO. I thought the other 2 were OK (...meaning OK by current standards nothing akin to YATQ and prior material).

My Funeral, I Ex-Love You and Diana Dors will undoubtedly sound much more interesting lyrically. Too bad he won't do those live.

My Funeral, I Ex-Love You and Diana Dors will undoubtedly sound much more interesting lyrically. Too bad he won't do those live.
This is latter day Morrissey we are talking about. it will be along the lines of

Diana Dors,
she heard the applause,
she yawned and closed the door
and fell to the floor.

I think you’re wrong. I firmly believe that LIHS is the absolute nadir of his career. Songs like The Girl From Tel Aviv, Protect Us from the … and When You Open Your Legs are all offensively bad. And there are others as well. And plenty of songs on WPINOYB and IANADOAC match their shiteness.
I agree 100% - I just meant as far as the first 3 songs introduced off each album
I just don’t remember being this disappointed from the start

I agree 100% - I just meant as far as the first 3 songs introduced off each album
I just don’t remember being this disappointed from the start
Oh, okay! Then you might be onto something!

Echo, echo, echo…
I just had to come back to this post. I was a huge, huge Morrissey fan but the light has gone out for real this time. He's so quick to blame, to point the finger and to lambast (especially those he claims are only motivated by money) and yet there he goes playing Israel. Again!
I can't believe I am writing these words but the man is a fraud.
Ok, that's it. I shan't post anything else.

This is latter day Morrissey we are talking about. it will be along the lines of

Diana Dors,
she heard the applause,
she yawned and closed the door
and fell to the floor.

Diana Dors
Hit the floors
She was the constant battle in all my wars

I would say he is successful, if you see how many consertvenues are sold out, rather quickly. And to not take all the bullshit from the industry,- I'd call that integrity, nothing else.
If you read what I wrote carefully, you will see that I wrote about being successful in releasing and selling records. Currently, Morrissey is completely unsuccessful in this area because he can't release anything to sell.

If you read what I wrote carefully, you will see that I wrote about being successful in releasing and selling records. Currently, Morrissey is completely unsuccessful in this area because he can't release anything to sell.
He can, he just needs to release them himself.

No. This is too much.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom