Siouxsie and the Banshees

Showing your age there JJ. I wasn't alive on the first night and some doctors cruelly and crudely decided to bring me in to the world on the second night.

I will need to pick up this box set though - thanks for the prompt.

I was a very youthful angst ridden 20 year old:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I was a very youthful angst ridden 20 year old:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I too was at that first night. It was a fantastic show. i was only 16 years old and it was the first time I'd been to the Royal Albert Hall. I was in a box with a few friends. We got so over excited we trashed the box, pulling down the curtains, kicking a hole in the side wall and throwing a chair over the edge on to people below. i'm quite ashamed of that now.

It's on the "Peepshow" album. It's a stunning track.

I too was at that first night. It was a fantastic show. i was only 16 years old and it was the first time I'd been to the Royal Albert Hall. I was in a box with a few friends. We got so over excited we trashed the box, pulling down the curtains, kicking a hole in the side wall and throwing a chair over the edge on to people below. i'm quite ashamed of that now.

Thanks
My memory of the later album tracks is a bit of a blur these days!
I hitched down from Manchester on my own and after the gig planned to kip on Paddington Station (no idea why I chose that station:confused:) and then get an early bus to Cricklewood (beginning of the M1) and hitch back in time to see City v Grimsby Town!
So I'm on this bench at the station and this bloke starts talking to me and I'm thinking 'here we go'...... next thing he says his lad had been to the gig etc etc and a few minutes later he comes back with the programme of the gig and offering me a bed for the night.... and I think 'here we go', but he seemed dead genuine and where else would he have got the programme from..... so.... I go back to his place, meet his lad (same age as me) and his friends and kip there the night! Safe and sound! He said he often came down to the station and did the same with lads kipping out as 'it wasn't safe'.
I look back now and think he could have been another Donald Neilson.... but at the time you dont think like that.
So Im up at 6am and at Cricklewood arrive at the M1. 3 lifts later I'm in Manchester at around 2pm and at Maine Road for the game (City won:guitar:).
Top weekend!
I remember all these mohicans walking around the inside of RAH and the stewards (elderly blokes in posh uniforms) just freaking out!

Jukebox Jury

The books look very good. But £26 for 156 page paperback:eek:

Jukebox Jury

I know it is a bit pricey but it's well worth it. The books are A4 size. The printing costs of the site that prints, binds and sells the books is quite high. Peter who put the books together was rather apologetic on his site about the high costs.

Thanks - explains a lot I wasn't aware of, bigger size etc plus I take it he has self published, so printing a small amount = higher costs.
Will treat myself to a copy of each:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Do get them they really are worth it. Check his website out too.

I liked your story about being on your own and what happened. i'd have been too scared to go back I think. I lived n Brighton so me and my mates just go the train home although when following other bands around the country we used to sleep rough on train stations. It's funny to think of it now as kids would never be able to do that as they always chuck you off train stations if your train isn't going for some hours later.

It was funny at the RAH with all those old security and ticket staff looking on scared of all these young kids all punked and gothed up. Do you have the Nocturne DVD. It's fantastic. Also that was the second time I'd seen the wonderful Fad Gadget live. He supported and was blinding.

Last night on a cable channel was showing the Jools Holland show with Siouxsie, that made my night. I've only seen her live once but it was a great show. Before that episode they aired one with Moz, though the channel guide said it was a different show so I missed it.

My son bought me the boxset for fathers day, He's a good boy.

Anything with John McGeoch playing guitar.

John Alexander McGeoch, (28 May 1955 – 4 March 2004), was a Scottish guitarist who played with a number of bands of the post-punk era, including Magazine, Visage, The Armoury Show, Public Image Ltd., and Siouxsie & the Banshees. Siouxsie Sioux described him as her favourite guitarist of all time.
Just listen to some Magazine stuff - this guy was amazing. Sadly killed by alcohol.

....probably the best guitarist of all time.

Listen to "Because You're Frightened" by Magazine on "Correct Use of Soap" album.

Anything with John McGeoch playing guitar.

John Alexander McGeoch, (28 May 1955 – 4 March 2004), was a Scottish guitarist who played with a number of bands of the post-punk era, including Magazine, Visage, The Armoury Show, Public Image Ltd., and Siouxsie & the Banshees. Siouxsie Sioux described him as her favourite guitarist of all time.
Just listen to some Magazine stuff - this guy was amazing. Sadly killed by alcohol.

....probably the best guitarist of all time.

Listen to "Because You're Frightened" by Magazine on "Correct Use of Soap" album.

:guitar::cool:

Jukebox Jury

I'm a huge Banshees fan....... favourite album is ''Juju'', which spawned my favourite Banshee song of all time - ''Spellbound''.

''Kiss In A Dreamhouse'' is indeed very good (love ''Obsession'')and ''Kaleidascope'' too.

Jukebox Jury

Scream and Join Hands for me. Saw them twice in the 70's. Absolutely fantastic and a beautiful woman to boot. :horny:

Back
Top Bottom